Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Site Update After Opening

New Site Update After Opening 19 Nov 2014 05:16 #123567

• Zarah
  • Thank you received: 30
I'm sure you got it with the browser. I use Firefox to view shows. Chrome won't let me.
And for the first time after the new site went live, I had to sign in. You are never bored here

living in Central Denmark
Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Site Update After Opening 18 Nov 2014 13:42 #123535

• twiglet
  • Thank you received: 534
Congratulations, happy chrome day :P

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

New Site Update After Opening 18 Nov 2014 13:20 #123534

• suehenyon
  • Thank you received: 51
Holey comoley I just discovered my Chrome problem. I went to the Chrome tools (gear in upper right hand corner), then to Internet options/advanced/Multimedia and clicked on Play Sounds in Webpages. I now have beautiful HD with Sounds! I hope it keeps up.

New Site Update After Opening 18 Nov 2014 13:15 #123533

• suehenyon
  • Thank you received: 51
Well now, using Internet Explorer, I can view closed captions in English, but no sound. That's with IE 11. At least I have a picture. I'm off to try some of the other hints using Chrome.

New Site Update After Opening 18 Nov 2014 12:19 #123532

Andrée, I think you are right. On the other thread I mentioned that I can now watch the shows on Safari whereas I had been using Chrome. None of the shows or classes will work on Chrome for me, but I was able to download instructions for the December BOM. I guess the lesson is if at first your browser does not succeed, try another one. :)

New Site Update After Opening 18 Nov 2014 08:28 #123525

Reetzbobeetz wrote:
Don't care if I am male or female on my profile. But I do care if I can't view any shows, classrooms etc. And I can't stay logged in no matter how many times I tick the box "remember me". :angry:

Rita,

Could this depend on the version of Internet Explorer you are using? On my "personal computer", It keeps me logged in, and I run Version 10.0. On my "work" computer, it doesn't, and I run version 11.... go figure...

Andrée

New Site Update After Opening 18 Nov 2014 07:57 #123523

:( :( :( :( :( :kiss: :kiss:

New Site Update After Opening 18 Nov 2014 05:58 #123520

Don't care if I am male or female on my profile. But I do care if I can't view any shows, classrooms etc. And I can't stay logged in no matter how many times I tick the box "remember me". :angry:

New Site Update After Opening 18 Nov 2014 05:33 #123518

Yes, it is great not having to log in all the time

I wonder when the ladies are all going to become ladies again and not males???????????????????

New Site Update After Opening 16 Nov 2014 12:17 #123452

• Renata
  • Thank you received: 258
djane wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to invite friends. I know I read about some issues here on the forum but can't find the thread. I have invited friends but if I look at my profile it says that I have not invited any friends. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
PS. I am slowly learning my way around the new website and I think it is going to be wonderful. TQS is my go to place for all things quilty. :)

Debbie, if you click on the avatar or name of the person you wish to invite, it will take you to their profile page. On the right hand side bottom of the banner (with the female silhouette in the background), you will see an icon to invite friends. Click on that and a box will come up where you can add anything you want. When you are done, it will tell you that the person is receiving it. That should do it for you. Hope this helps!

The following user(s) said Thank You: djane, Zarah

New Site Update After Opening 16 Nov 2014 11:23 #123450

• djane
  • Thank you received: 37
I am trying to figure out how to invite friends. I know I read about some issues here on the forum but can't find the thread. I have invited friends but if I look at my profile it says that I have not invited any friends. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
PS. I am slowly learning my way around the new website and I think it is going to be wonderful. TQS is my go to place for all things quilty. :)

New Site Update After Opening 16 Nov 2014 11:12 #123449

• djane
  • Thank you received: 37
sewengel wrote:
tech support must have gotten quite a few emails from unhappy members, but I got a reply very quickly and is now resolved.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do some tutorials on how and why to navigate this site. I am sure I'm not the only one having trouble, it would be very helpful.

Sharon in, dang its cold, Colorado

P.S. Will be going to the TQS taping on Monday with Nancy Rehak, woohoo.

Lucky you. Enjoy the taping. Attending a taping is on my wish list.

New Site Update After Opening 16 Nov 2014 10:52 #123447

• idaho
  • Thank you received: 183
I guess I'm spoiled...I get all those notices but they delete all at once if I wish....very fast ! T he upside of
all the struggle with this new site is that we are all talking again !! It had gotten very quiet here of late !!
I also read a lot...and I love all the pics and info, too. ;)

New Site Update After Opening 16 Nov 2014 08:57 #123438

• PosyP
  • Thank you received: 360
Since I prefer to read on the forum, and I read everything going anyway, I have decided to unsubscribe from all the threads, because it is filling up my inbox ridiculously and seems to take ages to clear them all out, so it saves computer time for more important things (like being here :whistle: )

Embroideress Extrordinaire & Mad Hatter
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds