Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I'm going to blame you, Alex!!

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 25 Sep 2013 09:54 #110508

• Margo
  • Thank you received: 10
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 25 Sep 2013 09:32 #110506

• rehak
  • Thank you received: 392
Okay, if we're going to blame Alex then I've got a long, long beef with her! It started back in the days of Simply Quilts, which kept making me try new techniques and learn as much as I could about the quilting world. Imagine how much extra time and money I would have right now if she hadn't sucked me into this! And then she has the gall to team up with Ricky and provide me with this Web site. Now, along with no time and no money, I have even more information and way more friends than I can possibly keep up with! What was she thinking?? Imagine what my life would be like if she hadn't come along! :wink:

Nancy

(I won't go into my stash......)

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 25 Sep 2013 08:21 #110504

• PosyP
  • Thank you received: 360
And I am going to blame Alex for getting me to buy light light shades of fabrics and dark darks, not just the mid tones. 8) :D

Embroideress Extrordinaire & Mad Hatter

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 25 Sep 2013 07:21 #110498

• Lorchen
  • Thank you received: 50
Whilst we are in the process of blaming Alex for anything, except getting pregnant,........ Because of one of Alex's books I have a lovely stack of 'Neutrals' in my stash. :)
From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 25 Sep 2013 04:20 #110490

• loise98
  • Thank you received: 267
LadyRags wrote:
LORCHEN... LOVE THE NEW PIC AND THE HAT!!! YOU are styling girlfriend

Yes, I can blame Alex too. The same sort of thing happened with me when I learned Gyleen Fitzgerald's butterfly seam. I went to town playing with my stash making Grandmother Flower Garden blocks from my stash. Then there was the pineapple tool. I became a bit obessed making pineapple blocks. Anything that inspires me, shows me another way to have at it with my stash and I am hooked.

I got the postage stamp basket block dye for my Go and there is a small stack of those blocks accumulating. I can blame Alex for that as well. Can't wait to get her new book. Another thing I can blame her for is new justification for rounding out and increasing my stash. It never ends.

And yes, Lorchen does look fascinating!

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 18:54 #110478

• LadyRags
  • Thank you received: 38
LORCHEN... LOVE THE NEW PIC AND THE HAT!!! YOU are styling girlfriend

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 18:52 #110477

• LadyRags
  • Thank you received: 38
FOR some reason my internet would not allow me to load TQS or my email.... getting it fixed or else ... but I went to a local restaurant with WIFI and was blown away by the show... plan to buy ALEX'S new book. I have tons of scraps I never know what to do with ... NOW I KNOW... I have been working on a nine patch quilt all scraps and am ready to finish the setting pieces ... Alex is inspiring me to get the lead out.

Something that works for me... and Alex is doing it too.... just making the same blocks over and over again then putting them together... I made 600 three inch NINE patches from scraps and I keep making them as they are easy fun MINDLESS SEWING.... PUT THEM INTO QUILTS whenever I need .. plan to do every NINE PATCH setting there is before I am done.... I think of my little NINE Patches as ALEX thinks of her bow ties>>>> I JUST KEEP MAKING THEM!

Have fun with your project and hope to see pictures.

Lady Rags
aka
NONNIE

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 18:08 #110476

• rehak
  • Thank you received: 392
I agree, wonderful show! And scrap quilts are the best!!

Nancy

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 15:37 #110467

• djane
  • Thank you received: 37
Can't wait to watch the show and the book has been added to my wish list!!! I love scrap quilting.

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 14:34 #110464

• Lorchen
  • Thank you received: 50
Thanks, Alex! The problem of international orders brings back memories. :) I'll email, but there is no rush. Enjoy Alden Lane. I'm sure it'll be awesome!
From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 11:23 #110461

• crocus999
  • Thank you received: 149
Sorry, count me out for this swap.
I'm trying to work on my WIP and UFO's and PNSYBHTFAI (projects not started yet but have the fabric and ideas) including a few mug rugs.

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 11:12 #110460

I am SOOO happy you guys liked the show- I always cringe when screening my own shows - but truth be known , I was pretty pleased with the outcome. As for shipping internationally, we aren't really set up for it - amazon is the best way to go....but for you Lorchen (your input and presence is GREATLY appreciated on this site) - John is going to check into it! Please email him directly at mailto:thequiltshow@gmail.com...we have an insane week ahead, so ..................If you decide to go the amazone route - just let John know. I am off to pack for my class at Alden Lane tomorrow - and more! :D

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 03:50 #110451

• PosyP
  • Thank you received: 360
Could you try emailing Alex to see if comething could be arranged?

Embroideress Extrordinaire & Mad Hatter

Re: I'm going to blame you, Alex!! 24 Sep 2013 03:23 #110450

Okay scrap that idea on this side of the Atlantic - I just tried to order the book from Alex's website but it doesn't seem to be possible unless you are in the US or Canada. I guess it will have to be Amazon after all. :(
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds