Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Using denim

18 May 2009 20:19 #35347

Thank you both. I have only one pair of the stretch so i think i will leave them out I thought the reason not to use them would be because they would sag.
thanks again
Jenny in Oz
Jenny in Oz
Last Edit: by quilting101.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

stretch denim in quilts 17 May 2009 15:41 #35313

The challenges that I have had using it are the stretch and the polyester and elastic tend to melt if the iron is too hot when you are pressing.
I have been trying to use starch to help stabilize my blocks for the work that I am doing.
I am using my parents old jeans and overalls to make memory quilts for their grandchildren, so not using the stretchy denim is not an option for me.
Hope this helps! :D
Last Edit: by quiltycrafts.

17 May 2009 07:10 #35288

• cjbeg
I would think that simply for the reason that it does stretch, and probably would be hard to keep the quilt from sagging. But people also make t-shirt quilts that do the same thing. Maybe if you use a stablizer on the back of the stretch denim. Don't forget to make your seam allowances bigger with denim.

Good luck, Cheryl
Last Edit: by cjbeg.

Using denim 17 May 2009 01:31 #35283

I have heard that stretch denim jeans shouldn't be used for cutting for patches for quilts can anyone tell me why this would be so. I had intended to use stretch and non stretch denim for my patches.
Jenny in Oz
Jenny in Oz
Last Edit: by quilting101.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds