Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 2 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Pinking the seam allowances of curved edges is another great idea. I had forgotten about that. It makes for smoother circles in prepared edge applique. Thank you!

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice! I like seeing them together. I would like to make an entire quilt with these blocks. I like the way it forms secondary circles.

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    I love your palette!

• Profile Image
    replied
    All 20 complete. Now on to this month's border arches. I love the totally scrappy look!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Did you see we added the background template shape pattern to Month 2? For those who don’t yet have the acrylic templates.

• Profile Image
    replied
    All outer fans complete except outer background strips. I will have to be patient and wait for the template. All month 2 cut out and now ready for stitching. This will be the last block using the black line in the lollies fabric

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Fun Fun Fun
    Hand appliqué! Thank you for all the tips!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    like the fussy cut for the animals. looks great

• Profile Image
    replied
    Finished 5 so far still lots to go. Thanks girls for all the helpful tips. I used Barbara’s method and sewed by machine. I used the narrow blind stitch to tack the crescents down, worked out okay for me.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Month 1 and 2 blocks with extra fans. all month 2 blocks have been cut and marked now to sew them all. Enjoying process but I am a little slow. Cherie D
    Sorry name is not showing.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    These are my 6 blocks needed for this round. I’m not using this block for the other border. The curved edges were turned under using a very thin strip of fusible interfacing then straight stitched with matching thread. Some of my corners aren’t good. I hope they’ll look better when the blocks are sewn together.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for these, Helen! I’m going to make my blocks with these placements
    Last edited by Lynnanne; 02-10-2024, 05:51 PM.

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by JudithA View Post
    I am slowly starting on Pick A Petal. I have been fighting a respiratory virus and vertigo that doesn't want to go away. I am a Sue Garman and Judie Rothermel fan. Pick A Petal is way out of my comfort zone! I am going to try Pick A Petal with some Tula Pink and Kaffe fat quarters that I bought for last years TQS BOM but didn't make. I have a stack of whitish low volume prints that are already prewashed. I am going to prewash the Tula's and Kaffe's as well. Because they are fat quarters, I serge the edges first before I wash them, to prevent fraying. It is something I can do sitting down without much vertigo. Then I will sort them in like colors, wash with a little Synthrapol, and dry in a hot dryer to prevent further shrinking. In the meantime, I am enjoying following everyone's posts on the Forum. Keep up the good work!!!
    Judith, Hope you are feeling better each and every day. With Tula and Kaffe in your quilt it will be beautiful. Like I said in an earlier post, they would be a combination that I would have loved to use in this quilt. Serging the edges will take away that tangled mess. My worst mess ever was the flannel I used for last years BOM. When I took it out of the dryer I was wishing I could just throw it
    in the garbage can. I have read on one of posts of Barbara, I think, that you can cut a 45 degree angle on the corners and that
    helps. I have found that the only fabrics I need Synthrapol for are the batiks. I have a utility tub by our washing machine, I put
    the real hot water in there, add the fabrics, wait about 5 minutes and if the the water starts to change color I add the Synthrapol
    and swish it around and wait 15 more minutes and then put it in the washing machine on rinse and spin. I have read that
    Synthrapol does not work well in front load washers because it does not soak the fabrics in enough water. The other option
    is to just throw in some Color Catchers. Post a picture of your fabrics after you get the sorted and ready to go. I have been
    loving your technique for glue turned edges on the plastic templates. Here is a picture of what I have so far. I always like
    laying them out in different configurations to see if something looks better than the original plan. HelenW

CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO ENLARGE
    Last edited by Helen W.; 02-10-2024, 07:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I am slowly starting on Pick A Petal. I have been fighting a respiratory virus and vertigo that doesn't want to go away. I am a Sue Garman and Judie Rothermel fan. Pick A Petal is way out of my comfort zone! I am going to try Pick A Petal with some Tula Pink and Kaffe fat quarters that I bought for last years TQS BOM but didn't make. I have a stack of whitish low volume prints that are already prewashed. I am going to prewash the Tula's and Kaffe's as well. Because they are fat quarters, I serge the edges first before I wash them, to prevent fraying. It is something I can do sitting down without much vertigo. Then I will sort them in like colors, wash with a little Synthrapol, and dry in a hot dryer to prevent further shrinking. In the meantime, I am enjoying following everyone's posts on the Forum. Keep up the good work!!!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Georgous!!!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2286 users online. 135 members and 2151 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
X