Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 12 -- Show Your Completed Top Here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    I adore the roofs on your houses!

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    A great idea to replace the sawtooth-border with houses ! Thumbs up !

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Your choosen fabrics and colours look really great !

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    How beautiful, it looks great in Red/White ! Congratulations !

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Helen, I’m not planning on making the 2024 BOM. Are you?
    Yes, I am planning on doing the 2024 BOM. I have never done hand piecing but I am hoping I love it. If my skills are not
    up to the challenge, I just might add the practice samples as a tool in my tool belt and modify the pattern to a way I can do
    it. I am thinking I may do at least part of the pieces as applique. I tried Judith's suggestion of making petals with template
    plastic and putting a very narrow run of Elmers glue in the seam allowance, and then folding the seam allowance over the plastic with a hot iron. It is smooth, and easy to do. I use my appliquick flat edge to pop the glue loose from the template. I already
    made a pile of petals that way, so will probably use them in this project. HelenW

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Dear Sandy, oh I love, love, love your story
    Last edited by brigitte.wieser; 12-15-2023, 10:14 AM.

• Profile Image
    replied
    I can't really believe it, but I finished my quilt today !
    I'm very happy with the result and enjoyed the whole process of making it.
    And a big Thank You to all of you for sharing your pictures and stories while working on this BOM. They were always inspiration and encouraging for me to hold on.
    Therefore I'm looking foreward to the BOM of next year and hope I'll meet all of you again.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    I am not very computer savvy. My comments did not get posted. This is my first BOM. It is also my first hand appliqued quit. I learned a lot and felt very challenged all along the way. I am so happy to be finished.

• Profile Image
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Love your colors!

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Your added border is so nice. I would love to copy it, but I don't know if I will have the energy after finishing the quilt.

• Profile Image
    replied
    This was a very difficult project with all the piecing, applique, embroidery, etc. i admit my piecing has improved and I didn’t have any issues with stitching all the rows. I did have a few words as I had problems with seams not turning the right direction but hopefully, it will quilt without problems. I’m not sure how you could everrrr do this project without this issue coming up…I found that really aggravating. Ha. BUT, it’s done.Yea!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    jrgermain - What a great border! That turned out fabulous and so creative

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful! And I agree with all your comments

• Profile Image
    replied

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1931 users online. 197 members and 1734 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25612   Active Members: 1,200  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X