Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• GPDU — Show Your Finished Top Here
    And she’s done! I’m very happy with the results…both the quilt and how much I learned! Thanks to TQS and Barbara...
  • Month 1 -- ask questions here
    You will have plenty to do once Month 2 posts, 116 circles over months 2 and 3.
    I'm excited. Okay confession time, I decided to do it on a whim and didn't realize how much handwork it hand. I love hand...
  • Circles
    Okay Barbara, took your advice and ordered some. The set is a fair price and I can see myself using them over and over...
    I’m afraid the BOM format is going to be difficult for me. Anyone else going bonkers waiting for Month 2?
  • Month 1 -- show your progress here
    I like your stem fabric! The whole block is cute too
    Finished Block 1 while attending my Guild's retreat....
    I sandwich my quilt top yesterday and will start the quilting tomorrow. I love it!...
    My cabin block and star points block. Loving my fabrics, as they will look great in our family room. I plan to hang this...
    Always exciting to start a new project. I really can't wait to get further into this one.
    This is my third house. Created pattern for paper piecing from Barbara’s suggestions. I am use to sewing small blocks...
    Sally Collins is a treasure and taught me a lot. Search for her show on the main Search feature at the very top of each...
  • Circles
    My favorite method for circles are Karen K Buckley’s Perfect Circles.
    Wow, I love the tips too! I also want to add that before I did mine, I watched the segment that Sally Collins did on straight...
  • Circles
    I'm getting ready for Month II, and it got me thinking about the template material for the circles. I have plastic template...
  • Center house block
    My monthly blog with important tips and information showed how to paper piece the cabin. Look at it each month before beginning....
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Would love to finish this, but alas . . . .
    I am trying to complete this top and have run into a big problem - my edges are curved! I don’t know how this happened,...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Our Sponsors

MONTH 9 — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    replied
    Catching up in October. Here is block 14.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    [QUOTE=luvquiltn2;n894249]I am really behind on Garden Down Under. I remember that you have a blog with extra tips, Where would I find that.
    Thanks Judy[/QUOTE]

[url]https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com[/url]

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I am really behind on Garden Down Under. I remember that you have a blog with extra tips, Where would I find that.
    Thanks Judy

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    [QUOTE=HeleneHeon;n894234]Bonjour
    I finally finished month 9 ! Actually I finished all previous blocks:). It took me 6 months just to do the center block and borders . I thought I would never be able to complete the quilt this year, but last July , Barbara said that after the first 3 block things would get easier. It did ! I took a 3 weeks holiday and did all the appliqué blocks. I really enjoyed doing them. Now I’m ready to start month 10 .
    Thank you so much for your help Barbara , without you , this quilt would have been out of my reach. Thank you all for posting your photos. I find it very difficult to choose the colors. Your photos gave lots of inspiration :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Helene, for your kind words. So glad you hung in there and are now seeing the fruits of your labors. You are rocking it!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Sorry, I should have read the instructions before trying uploading my photos :)

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Bonjour
    I finally finished month 9 ! Actually I finished all previous blocks:). It took me 6 months just to do the center block and borders . I thought I would never be able to complete the quilt this year, but last July , Barbara said that after the first 3 block things would get easier. It did ! I took a 3 weeks holiday and did all the appliqué blocks. I really enjoyed doing them. Now I’m ready to start month 10 .
    Thank you so much for your help Barbara , without you , this quilt would have been out of my reach. Thank you all for posting your photos. I find it very difficult to choose the colors. Your photos gave lots of inspiration :)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Dorothy, I really like how you changed out the center of your pieced blocks. Whole quilt looks great. HelenW

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Barbara. Couldn't have done it without you. I am using hand embroidery to embellish all blocks, Hand work was my challenge to myself this year. Really enjoying it

• Profile Image
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    All your blocks are lovely but that Month 9 urn is super!

• Profile Image
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    September block

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Here is my month 9 rendition! I am happy with the result…

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1254 users online. 691 members and 563 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,050   Posts: 151,639   Members: 22589   Active Members: 2,801  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• Difficulty printing page 151
    I was wondering if any Mac users are having difficulty printing page 151 (The flower appliqué from month 12)? It appears...
    Please use this TOPIC to share your finished top/quilt here.

Great work, everyone!
  • No more items.
Working...
X