Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    I don't need to start any more projects but I am loving this rooster. I need to retire.
  • antique map wall hanging
    I have no idea about what type of binding is acceptable for a quilt show but it sounds like an awesome project. I thought...
  • antique map wall hanging
    I am working on a wall hanging that is a map of Westeros. This is intended to eventually end up in a quilt show (if I ever...
  • MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here
    Stunning! Love it!
  • Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    Dee, Where do you find these fabulous artists??? When I saw the newsletter this morning I thought that stained
    glass...
  • Month 3 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE
    I don't know if this is too late to help anyone. It is August and I am just working on Month 3 (also 4, & 5 at the...
    Month 8
  • Collage with Cori Dantani fabric
    I am looking for the show where an artist was using a Cori Dantini fabric in a collage technique. Thanks!
    Loved the vase this month. Can't believe we can see then end!
    Pamela, Love the bag hanging on the door knob too. Great color palette. Like Barbara says lovely and soothing. HelenW
  • Help
    1807 Katie Fowler
  • Color my world — your finish here
    It’s most likely a seam allowance problem. There are many and they have to be accurate. You may also find it helpful to...
  • Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS
    This is my block 3 replacing pieced 4 patch. For keeping her style here, I incorporated Irene's other designs. And this...
  • Help
    I watched a show where the quilter cut up finished quilts would anyone have any knowledge of who...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Color my world fit problem. The last section of tall buildings is about 2” bigger than the inner section. How do I fix...
    Pamela, this is such a beautiful quilt. I love so much about it. Just lovely, soothing, really speaks to me. Great job!
    I saw Barbara’s bom under My Sample, I am so inspired by the jewel tones. I especially like Barbara’s July & August...
    Your vase fabric is great with the jug's shape - gives it a real feeling of "round-ness" -- and the leaf colors...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Remaining background sizes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remaining background sizes

For those planning ahead, the remaining backgrounds are cut:

Months 6, 7, 8 and 9--Vase applique block cut 14" x 14" (4)
    Months 10 and 11--two "skinny" vase blocks each month cut 16" x 8" (4)

This may help those who are concerned about running out of background fabric as we get toward the end.

The Kit provides a separate fabric for the outer borders that you have safely put away already. We work on the borders in Months 10, 11, and 12. The pattern instructions are for hand appliqueing the diamonds to a long background.

I will provide detailed instructions for how to machine piece the diamond borders--NOT paper pieced.

Hope this helps some of you wanting to pre-cut backgrounds.

Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

thank you! I'm using various shades of white one white and want top spread out the different fabrics. this info is very helpful!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1530 users online. 1117 members and 413 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,972   Posts: 150,545   Members: 21237   Active Members: 2,066  
    Welcome to our newest member, Michelle Altherr-mrtjaltherr.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X