Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    I don't need to start any more projects but I am loving this rooster. I need to retire.
  • antique map wall hanging
    I have no idea about what type of binding is acceptable for a quilt show but it sounds like an awesome project. I thought...
  • antique map wall hanging
    I am working on a wall hanging that is a map of Westeros. This is intended to eventually end up in a quilt show (if I ever...
  • MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here
    Stunning! Love it!
  • Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    Dee, Where do you find these fabulous artists??? When I saw the newsletter this morning I thought that stained
    glass...
  • Month 3 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE
    I don't know if this is too late to help anyone. It is August and I am just working on Month 3 (also 4, & 5 at the...
    Month 8
  • Collage with Cori Dantani fabric
    I am looking for the show where an artist was using a Cori Dantini fabric in a collage technique. Thanks!
    Loved the vase this month. Can't believe we can see then end!
    Pamela, Love the bag hanging on the door knob too. Great color palette. Like Barbara says lovely and soothing. HelenW
  • Help
    1807 Katie Fowler
  • Color my world — your finish here
    It’s most likely a seam allowance problem. There are many and they have to be accurate. You may also find it helpful to...
  • Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS
    This is my block 3 replacing pieced 4 patch. For keeping her style here, I incorporated Irene's other designs. And this...
  • Help
    I watched a show where the quilter cut up finished quilts would anyone have any knowledge of who...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Color my world fit problem. The last section of tall buildings is about 2” bigger than the inner section. How do I fix...
    Pamela, this is such a beautiful quilt. I love so much about it. Just lovely, soothing, really speaks to me. Great job!
    I saw Barbara’s bom under My Sample, I am so inspired by the jewel tones. I especially like Barbara’s July & August...
    Your vase fabric is great with the jug's shape - gives it a real feeling of "round-ness" -- and the leaf colors...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Month 5 -- show your progress here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why the pic does not show the bottom row, but if you open the pic, the whole top is visualized

As you can see I had to make a bit of a correction by adding a 1/2 inch border. In hind sight, I think the paper pieced triangle borders are not the same. Honestly I’m not sure which is correct but I suspect that the second border is the incorrect size. I find this interesting as I thought that the process was so much easier than the first.
    If you enlarge the pic you will also see that I have added some embroidery to the baskets. I was going for symbols of peace, love, rock & roll & justice. The heart for ‘love’ is not quite complete in the pic.
    Last edited by Pamela F.; 05-27-2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Pamela, Sure glad we can zoom the photos when we click on them. Otherwise, I would not have seen your embroidery.
      Great idea. HelenW

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Pamela, both paper pieced borders were the correct size. Month 2 borders are 33" long, finished, using 11 triangles that are each 3" at the base and 2.5" high. When taping the pages together it is important to measure the paper pattern created to be sure it is 33.5" x 3" including seam allowances. I am sorry you had trouble but you came up with a fine solution. Good job.

Here are my 2 May blocks for what I am calling Garden Party in North Idaho. Hummingbird block is a work in progress, but got the
    Cedar Waxwing block done. Having so much fun. HelenW

Comment

I think this is a fun quilt….makes me happy to look at it. My blue and yellow block with a sunflower…remembering Ukraine
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Happy Memorial Day! I just finished month 5. I rearranged things a bit because I wanted to balance background, color, and vase shape. The diagonal backgrounds are the same fabric, although in this picture the bottom left looks darker…
        Last edited by Jo Anne; 05-30-2022, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Peg commented
          Editing a comment
          love the color choices. Looks very Victorian :)))

Appliqué complete! Off to join the rows and prep for Month 6
        -dena

Comment

Month 5 completed. Added a little embroidery embellishment once again.

Comment

I was away 6 weeks, but got caught up by May 31, just in time for Month 6! I've tentatively chosen vase colors (using my own fabric, mostly Tula Pink) so you see swatches pinned on my design wall (made with 60" wide fleece batting from JoAnn's stapled to top of my 7' bookcases, can be rolled up out of the way when not in use- a Must-Have for this project!!

Comment

• Connie H. commented
              Editing a comment
              Love your fabrics!

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Peg, Mc Gyver would be proud of a quilter with your ingenious way of making a design wall. Your quilt is looking great.
              HelenW

Month 5 applique done!

Comment

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                62Shannon, I have been watching your Garden Grow. I like the way you are using the scrappy look, but pull a little cohesion
                into the mix with all blue colors of vases. Looking Good. HelenW

[QUOTE=HelenW;n893417]Here are my 2 May blocks for what I am calling Garden Party in North Idaho. Hummingbird block is a work in progress, but got the
              Cedar Waxwing block done. Having so much fun. HelenW[/QUOTE]

Stunning! Especially like the bold colors of the flowers in the hummingbird block.

Comment

Finally getting around to posting last month’s blocks.

Comment

Finished month 5 blocks and added them to the center piece. Wish I had the foresight to consider which background fabrics would be next to each other. I do not like the gray dot backgrounds next to each other and the gray cross background next to the dots. Also, I should have thought about the colors I used for my vases. I ended up with 2 strong blue vases on the same row. Oh well, next time.....

Comment

I followed Irene's guidance and enlivened the simple shapes with colorful Kaffe Fassett and Tula Pink fabrics.

Comment

One down
                      Susan Skeel
                      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

Last one for month 5
                        Susan Skeel
                        Des Moines Iowa

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1535 users online. 1122 members and 413 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,972   Posts: 150,545   Members: 21237   Active Members: 2,066  
                        Welcome to our newest member, Michelle Altherr-mrtjaltherr.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X