Collapse

Our Sponsors

MONTH 4 — Show Your PROGRESS Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather use a large-scale print for the vase but chose this one for clear color. And this forced me to use fabrics read as solid for red and orange petals.

Comment

Comment

My month 4 is the daffodil block. Progress so far. Sure having fun building a garden party. HelenW

Comment

I got a little crazy with the berries LOL

Comment

Another great block!
            Linda H
            Happy Quilting 

Comment

Month 4, decided to make a nine patch as center pieced block for a little less fussy. The Dresden center seemed to be bossy on my quilt. I’ll decide later if I will not use the Dresden’s. I do like the happy surprise of the white four petal flowering look on the alternate blocks. So exciting to see everyone’s progress.

Comment

• Janet E. commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow! I LOVE your interpretation of the quilt design and the colors are just so soothing! Are you using Japanese taupes?

• Pamela commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, Japanese wovens for most of the fabrics

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Pamela, Maybe you think your Dresden is bossy because it is all of the dark gray colors ( reads more solid looking) You could
                audition a lighter color version, or a variety of values of color in it, or maybe the colors you used for
                the flowers in the the vases to bring those colors to the pieced blocks. I always audition a bunch of
                color combo's and often find the one I least expect to like, is the one that looks best when viewed
                with the rest of the quilt. Whatever you do will be beautiful, you have a real talent for combining
                fabrics. Looking for to seeing you finished quilt. It will be a real winner!!! HelenW

I just finished my filler block. I decided to do the block without the dresden plate in the center..

Comment

• Connie H. commented
                Editing a comment
                Your colors are absolutely stunning Karen!
                Last edited by Connie H.; 04-28-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Jill, Love the butterfly!!!! HelenW

Here’s my latest progress

Comment

Oops! Here’s month 4 photo

Comment

Love working on these blocks.
                  Last edited by Patricia M.; 04-20-2022, 07:07 PM.
                  Patricia F McLaughlin

Comment

Decided to change it up a bit but still use my West African fabrics. 2 approaches. Will gift them as smaller pieces. Still enjoying this process

Comment

Month Four

Comment

• Marge P. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Beautiful block!

Month4 done.

Comment

Comment

• AmericanQuilter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I really liked using the ribbon for the tiny stems! Great idea!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1304 users online. 929 members and 375 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,985   Posts: 150,765   Members: 21454   Active Members: 1,878  
                      Welcome to our newest member, Leann Abraham-LeannAbraham85.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Month 10 Vases
                        No, the ombré fabrics and Kaffe have nothing to do with the 2023 BOM. But I have started that, eager to show it off, s...
                      • The Handmade Quilt - Progress Pictures
                        Dee and TQS: thank you for offering this skill-building project. I plan a combo approach, some hand piecing, some machine...
                      • Month 10 Vases
                        Barbara, It had been 2 weeks since I looked at your blog. Can't tell you how much I love the ties quilt and the wool quilt...
                      • Month 10 Vases
                        My blog today gives you a look ahead at Month 10 vases. The patterns will be available in a few days.

htt...
                      • The Handmade Quilt - Discussion
                        Hi Dee, on this week's live, someone asked about the book
                        I always watch it delayed due to time difference. ...
                        Share Pictures of your Handmade Quilt work in progress here. We can't wait to see!...
                      • The Handmade Quilt - Discussion
                        Post your questions, comments, etc. about The Handmade Quilt project here.
                      • Basket Rendezvous - question
                        I received my Basket Rendezvous kits - both the warm and cool kits - and they are wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that...
                      • Improv Class
                        This small project inspired me and being able to use my left over fabrics from "Color My World" was a perfect...
                      • Improv Class
                      • MONTH 9 — Show Your Progress Here
                      • MONTH 9 — Show Your Progress Here
                        All your blocks are lovely but that Month 9 urn is super!
                      • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

• Month 10 Vases
                        My blog today gives you a look ahead at Month 10 vases. The patterns will be available in a few days.

htt...
                      • No more items.
                      Working...
                      X