Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

[QUOTE=Lynnanne;n892872][/QUOTE]

Lynnanne, Thank you for posting your double wedding ring quilt. Looks like the fabric colors would work perfectly for Alex's Neutrals quilt. I often like bedquilts that are not art oriented.. Perfect for a more tranquil setting when going to bed. Did
      you quilt it it yourself? Nice work. And you have months 1 and 2 done for Garden Party Down Under. I like that your are
      putting some of your own ideas into it. I like the shape of your vines and the vase shapes in the corners. I always take
      peoples ideas and say where would I go with it. I think I would add an applique to the vase surface. Maybe a flower in one
      of the colors used in the center block. I like the half circle borders. I might add some hand embroidery or decorative stitch
      around the edge to give them a little more contrast to the background fabric. Did you learn any of Alex's hand embroidery
      when she was doing her Live Classes the past few months? You could do a different color embroidery floss stitch on each
      half circle. Maybe in a blanket stitch.Pull the colors already used in the blocks into the borders. For me, that would be fun. Just throwing things out there. It looks great just the way
      it is. Seems lately I have been getting into more embellishment. HelenW

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
        Editing a comment
        Helen thanks so much for your ideas. I did learn to embroider from Alex’s class and will use it on this quilt! The vases need some appliqué and embroidery as well. I like the neutrals quilt idea and will also make the quilt with the leftover fabric. By the way, my daughter loves your Garden Party quilt!

Lynneanne, I know this picture of your quilt and Alex' s Neutral Blooms does not belong in this topic, but I figured you would see it
      here since you are doing the BOM. Look at the flowers on the outside border of Alex's quilt, if your son's girl friend likes flowers,
      appliquéing a few of them in the center of some of your wedding rings, might just look wonderful. Just more ideas that popped
      into my head. HelenW

Comment

Since I didn’t have the pattern for the Dresden block I used embroidery.

Comment

• jptousley commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea using embroidery in lieu of the Dresden block!

Month 1-3 done. Handwork gets better with each block. thanks for all the tips Barbara.
        Dotti F
        North Port FL/West Warwick RI

Comment

[QUOTE=AmericanQuilter;n892880]Since I didn’t have the pattern for the Dresden block I used embroidery. [/QUOTE]
          Great idea! Good job!

Comment

Love this so!

Comment

• jptousley commented
              Editing a comment
              Great fabrics! Very happy blocks!

Worked an 'Old Windmill' center for the pieced block. Enjoyed the fun flowers on Month 3. Onward we go for #4! Thanks Barbara and all who share!

Comment

My blocks for Month3. The flowers are Wattle and the patchwork block, from a 1986 book by Deborah Brearley, is Corymbia ficifolia

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Fibreweb, What a beautiful block. So interesting. Love it. HelenW

Block 3 done with hand applique, machine piecing. I am getting used to mixing all styles of fabric in my blocks. And, best of all, the Quilt Police are not knocking on my sewing room door.
              Susanne

Comment

This is my block 3 replacing pieced 4 patch. For keeping her style here, I incorporated Irene's other designs. And this quilt was designed for the Quilt Show, I added its logo.

Comment

My Month 3 Applique and pieced block. The is more vibrance in the colors in preson.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1033 users online. 480 members and 553 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,010   Posts: 151,033   Members: 21927   Active Members: 2,157  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                  X