Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

LIVE Broadcast January 7 — What to Show?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVE Broadcast January 7 — What to Show?

Planning for the LIVE coming up Friday January 7, noon central. What would you like me to show/discuss?

1. Demo the tiny knot at the eye of the needle with dark thread over a light background

GO…
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I need to see a detailed demo of tracing with Apliquick.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890659]I need to see a detailed demo of tracing with Apliquick. [/QUOTE]

Apliquick tools are for turning under the edges to prep for stitching. What tracing are you asking about?
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

• Eileen K. commented
        Editing a comment
        I contacted Kathy McNeil and she answered my question. If you're tracing on the Apliquick paper, you do it on the shiny side and you don't have to reverse any of your patterns.

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890659]I need to see a detailed demo of tracing with Apliquick. [/QUOTE]

Eileen, If you are talking about using Appliquick fusible stabilizer, check out these
      two you tubes. I can't embed them in a post just type them in your search on google. Also If you have not watched show 1912 the inventor or Appliquick products does an excellent demo. HelenW

Comment

I'm guessing you should mention the 1" block thing. :)
        Hand piecer, big-stitch quilter, pattern tweaker 

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I will explain that applique patterns don't usually have a scale box. And paper pieced patterns do. Thanks for that.

Rosa Rojas who developed Apliquick products was the guest on Show 1912, watch it for more info. She is also featured in the Appliqué Masterclass part 2–a great resource for this project.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890714]I contacted Kathy McNeil and she answered my question. If you're tracing on the Apliquick paper, you do it on the shiny side and you don't have to reverse any of your patterns.[/QUOTE]

Just be sure to check that the marker you are using won’t bleed on the fabric OR be sure to cut away all of the markings on the shape as you cut it out.

i discussed this option on the Optional Alternative Instructions available in Month 1 documents. I was talking about printer ink but the same applies to any marker that will be used as you fuse the shapes to fabric.
          Last edited by Barbara B.; 01-04-2022, 09:01 AM.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

Barbara, Could you give us a monthly run down of what part of the quilt we will be doing each month. Like January was Center block and dog tooth border. I really like have a outline of what we will be working on. No major details about what each month entails. HelenW

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I can do that. It is a good breakdown of amount of work each month.

• soniasimone commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be great to have!

Barbara, I had my first challenges in picking my fabrics to start because without those latest detailed pictures I couldn't work out where I might be able to use much smaller pieces than fat 1/4s especially on backgrounds. So thank you for the closer details I can get going. This is my no fabric purchase quilt for the year.
            Also I've noted your comments on 1/8" bias, I just fold my 1/4" in half and press again, I don't usually find them too thick. Lol.

Comment

I would like to see a demo of machine stitching down a leaf with a pointy end, how to get a sharp point. How do I tuck in those cute little tails?

Comment

[QUOTE=woodsies;n890741]I would like to see a demo of machine stitching down a leaf with a pointy end, how to get a sharp point. How do I tuck in those cute little tails?[/QUOTE]

Judy, If you go to Suzanne Marshall's show number 203, Ribbon Winning Applique, she shows you that exact thing. How to get perfect points on leaves. Be sure to watch the whole show they is a wealth of information and inspiration in it. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 812 users online. 387 members and 425 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,937   Posts: 150,114   Members: 20764   Active Members: 1,602  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Color my world — your finish here
                  Thank you, Barbara, for the great advice!...
                • Month 5 -- show your progress here
                  My progress so far. Ready for next month....
                • Month 5 -- show your progress here
                  My progress so far. Ready for next month. ...
                • Month 5 -- ask questions here
                  Thank you Barbara and Helen, you’ve given me a lot to consider and research. The suggested sections make sense. My appliqué...
                  While it is possible, it will take some careful planning. If you quilt Months 1-5 as a section, you could later quilt the...
                  Carole, you will have to read each show's rules carefully with all the embroidery on your quilt. Finding the proper category...
                  Carole B, So happy for you. Start entering those shows and be sure to get back to us with pics
                  if you win any ribbons....
                  Suzanne, I have a book called Machine Quilting In Sections by Marti Michelle. I would think you could quilt it in sections...
                  Barbara, do you think it would be possible to “quilt as you go” on this quilt? I think the first five months of blocks...
                  On the first Document, the Introduction, it says “Approximately 74” square”.
                  I'm late to the party, life, chemo etc etc but still working on the quilt. I know already that I'm going to add an extra...
                  Helen--Just heard back from Wendy giving me permission to show my quilt. She told me I should enter it in lots of shows....
                  Carole B, Like your niece I too love birds. And your birds are so, so cute. She will love it. It is a size that would be...
                • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                X