Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• msunds21 commented
      Editing a comment
      This was so much fun!! Can't wait to start Block 2.

Here is my finished block 1. On the corners, I used black striped fabric that I plan to use for the borders.

Comment

After finishing my block 1, I decided I would make it a bed quilt as well as a quilt to hang over our loft railing. For the bed, I thought I needed pillow shams too… so I made my own pattern similar to block 1 and made 2 shams. This is one that I finished today.

Comment

Comment

Love the quilt! I'm a new member and enjoying using my Tula Pink scraps and other brights from my stash. Hand appliqued - back-basted except for stems -with paper-pieced border.

Comment

• karonray commented
            Editing a comment
            Your vase is awesome.

Comment

This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]

Finally making progress!
            This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]

Comment

[[email protected];n891713]Finished Month 1. My African Garden Party.[/QUOTE]

So great! Your fabrics really take it in a cool new direction.
              Hand piecer, big-stitch quilter, pattern tweaker 

Comment

• Connie H. commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Getting this far was challenging, but I am loving it and eager to get the first border on it, so that I can see if it all works.

I did not buy kit fabrics but tried to duplicate range of colors in similar values. I mistakenly used what I intend for the outer border (more of the gray tone) on Month 1's border. It kind of jumps out against the ecru background for the vase. We'll see how Month 2 looks with the proper lighter backgrounds. I still have enough gray for the outer portion so it may be unified by then after all. Eveyrthing is a learning right? Love seeing everyone's creative expressions!

Comment

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Trebuchet MS]here's my block 1 (without borders)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Think mine is going to be a framed one off. Using up some of my dye scraps.

Comment

• Kennye J. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love the stems.

Finally got around to posting month 1. I finished before month month 2 came out. There is a learning curve for me with this applique technique. Wish we could have started with a less prominate block. I thought the berries would never end!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is the most time-consuming block--it all gets easier from here.

• Kennye J. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought the same thing! I felt like I got better at the applique as I went along and I was actually thinking about going back to some of those first leaves and petals to work on them but then I realized how many there were!!! Yours is beautiful.

I have a member of the Quilt Show I think since the very beginning but I have never made any of the BOM's. I am a little behind as I just finished month 1 and starting on the second. I hand stitched the turned edged applique and foundation paper pieced the dogtooth border. Not perfect but I am happy with the results.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 978 users online. 596 members and 382 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,969   Posts: 150,534   Members: 21184   Active Members: 1,873  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS
                    Please use THIS TOPIC to show your Month 3 blocks.

To learn how to post photos, use the SEARCH THE FORUM box—...
                  • MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here
                    Please use this Topic to share your photos up to Month 8.
                  • No more items.
                  Working...
                  X