Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
    Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
  • Month 6 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS HERE
  • Quilting color my world
    Hi there
    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
  • Reclamation
    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
  • Flanged bindings
    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
  • Reclamation
    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
  • Flanged bindings
    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
  • Flanged bindings
    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
    Love what you did with the vase.
    I am enjoying making this quilt.
  • NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here
    Alex stated that you cut out the points of petals from the back of the sashing flowers. What about the border flowers? Once...
    Robin, I just love dark backgrounds, and you fabulous looking quilt just confirms it. Love the muted
    colors in combination...
  • Gelli Prints class
    Hi Dee, enjoyed your class for the Gelli Prints. I had previously heard of, but not seen it in use. Some day when I get...
    Robin, this is spectacular!
    I can’t believe I am all caught up since I decided to start this over Memorial Day weekend. I opted out of doing the pieced...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have finished January's instructions. I have altered some of the pattern of the berries on the left bottom vines due to using 1/4 inch rather than 1/8 inch bias strips. I also have added some fabrics out of my stash that complement the kit fabrics. Very happy with the results, and the paper pieced triangles borders went on perfectly. Not a single point cut off.

Comment

Here is my finish for Month 1. My corner points on the flying geese were a bit of a challenge, Using fabrics from my stash. I'm doing needle turn applique.
      Last edited by Patricia M.; 01-25-2022, 05:12 PM.
      Patricia F McLaughlin

Comment

[QUOTE=fruitwood;n891444]Are your triangles stitched? I like how they overlap each other. I love the watering can idea.[/QUOTE]

Julie, Thanks for the compliment. On the triangles being stitched, it would depend on which photo you are looking at.
        They are slightly overlapped. Most of the overlap is in the seam allowance area. I decided to try the applique triangles instead
        of foundation paper piecing.I did machine stitching with thread matching the fabric using a 1.0 by 1.0 zig zag stitch. I decided to go with a country garden party theme, rather than vases. So I will be having critters,
        garden tools, birds and birdhouses in place of the vases. Having fun just thinking about what to do next. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 01-26-2022, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Julie E. commented
          Editing a comment
          So far what you have going on looks awesome. I'm not sure if I am going to do this quilt. I'm still working on the last one. I need to do the tall buildings yet. Plus, other unfinished projects. It will be fun to see yours finished.

Very happy about the finished project. Used small zigzag on most of the appliqués,

Comment

I finished Month 1. I used my scraps, but purchased four fabrics for the backgrounds. I'm looking forward to Month 2.

Comment

• KAREN M. commented
            Editing a comment
            lovely color balance!

Month 1 down. Bring on Month 2. Center is Needleturn appliqué. Borders are FPP.
          -dena

Comment

[QUOTE=Barbara Black;n890384]Please use THIS TOPIC to post photos of your progress with Month 1 of GPDU.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Comment

• Donna B. commented
                Editing a comment
                This is beautiful!

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Kilee, Love the diagonal striped background. Your personal selection of flowers looks great. HelenW

• Shannon M. commented
                Editing a comment
                Love the colors and the changes you made. Very inspiring .

How do I post a picture from my phone? It cuts off half the picture when I try.

Comment

Month 1 block finished and waiting avidly for Month 2.

Comment

[QUOTE=MSHendel;n891096]First month is done. Some take aways: use less glue (just ordered better applicator),, try hand buttonhole stitch around some flower centers. Check contrasts of overlapping bits (blue flower on vase doesn't show up as much as I'd like), preference is to use Perfect Circles rather than doing small circles with Appliquick - don't like the heavy feel of the Print and Piece in such a small element, fun to fussy cut the circles for flower centers, I made each branch of stems and leaves in same fabric to cut down on busy-ness,
                  I used 80 wt off-white thread for most of the appliqué but switched to 50 wt Aurafil colored thread for the flowers. I've ordered the TQS bobbin set for future blocks as I like to match the thread to the fabric.
                  and finally- I survived making 30 1/2" grapes !!!!.
                  Using mostly Tula Pink fabric with some stash fillers. The background triangles in the border are varied prints of white tone on tone.
                  Overall, I'm very pleased and looking forward to Month 2. I love doing turned appliqué.
                  I [/QUOTE]

Beautiful!!!!

Comment

Finished up today, watched Alex & Sue Spargo had to add a little zing on flower centers. Excited for block two.

Comment

• Ellen L. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Love the flower centers, and your vase is terrific!

• Marilyn M. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pamela, your centre block is just beautiful.....so subtle and serene. I think you are using Japanese yarn dyed fabrics and I have wondered how those fabrics would lend themselves to this pattern. Spectacular result, as is your innovative vase. Congratulations!

• Carol L. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just beautiful...not only your fabric selection, but also your touch of Sue Spargo!

I was able to finish my center block today. The appliqué is very challanging for me but I am determined to charge ahead. I only hope that I can keep up. Thank you Barbra for making the optional Saw Tooth Border pattern. That was so much help. I printed it out on Freezer Paper and used that method for piecing it together. Without your help, I'm sure I would have fallen behind.

Comment

I paper pieced the border and made a few other changes. So far so good.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jeanne C. The black, white and gray border is striking. And I love your hexagons in the center. I thought about that too, but went
                        to a square on point. Good Job, Feb. will be here before you know it. HelenW

Finished month 1. Hand appliqué, used appliquick method and perfect circles templates. Also changed a few flower designs because I already had the templates. All from stash,
                      Monique 
                      Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 733 users online. 388 members and 345 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,956   Posts: 150,345   Members: 20929   Active Members: 1,679  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
                      • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
                        Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
                        Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
                      • Quilting color my world
                        Hi there
                        I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
                      • Reclamation
                        Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
                      • Flanged bindings
                        Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
                      • Reclamation
                        Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
                      • Flanged bindings
                        I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
                        Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
                      • Flanged bindings
                        I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
                        Love what you did with the vase.
                        I am enjoying making this quilt.
                      • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                      X