Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Donna commented
      Editing a comment
      My January block is finished! I am using a fat quarter bundle called Folk Friends that i bought from TQS and then adding from my stash. I am doing needle turned hand appliqué. So much fun!

[QUOTE=Sophie123;n891388]My January block is finished! I am using a fat quarter bundle called Folk Friends that i bought from TQS and then adding from my stash. I am doing needle turned hand appliqué. So much fun![/QUOTE]

Great job. Love your vase.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I was inspired by Iren's comment about the lush gardens of Kenya and have decided to make mine with the west African fabrics I have here in Niger. Cutting some flower motifs from the fabric as well.

Comment

• Ellen L. commented
        Editing a comment
        Brilliant idea! This looks lovely. The vase looks like a woven basket.

Updated - I will make my fence as if it is the rays of the sun as we live in sub-Sahara Niger where we don't have many lush gardens but we have lots of sun. This is my first time doing needle turn so some of this will be done with that technique and some raw edged applique. Hope to attach the flowers and stems this week. I do not have access to all the supplies here so using what I have to make the stems and apply the leaves and flowers.

Comment

• Joan H. commented
        Editing a comment
        That basket is phenomenal

• Lynnanne commented
        Editing a comment
        This is going to be a cool quilt. Amazing how creative you can be with limited supplies!

• soniasimone commented
        Editing a comment
        This is so great! I love this take on the project.

Ready to start sewing the pieces on.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed making block one, the directions were terrific
        [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-tempid":"temp_3296_1643058691489_848"}[/ATTACH][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/thequiltshow.com\/forum\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

Comment

• PatLustig commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely - love your flower color choices - that's what I've chosen so far. I like your saw tooth border in all green tones. The original scrappy quilt is stunning, but it overwhelms my sensory system and focus. I'm thinking of even using one color and pattern so the saw tooths frame the center not compete with it. Thank you!

• Teresa B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful quilt block Marge. Love the green triangles, nice accent.

• Dena_Limpede commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your updates to the layout. I did the same by adding berries and a few minor flower changes. I really like your Green border and black vase.

This is my quilt so far.

Comment

• PatLustig commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm with you. Still looking for a few more fabrics. I enjoy seeing the diversity which stimulates creativity and personal choices.

• Donna B. commented
          Editing a comment
          I was easily overwhelmed too because I'm working from my stash. But I progressed in this order focusing on one section at a time: stems (one fabric), vase, flowers and leaves at upper right, lower right flowers and leaves, berries, center flowers, left hanging fushia and the big flower upper left last. Everything is turned under using apliquik method and now I'm machine stitching everything down. I'm waiting to pick out border fabrics after the center is done. This is the first applique project I have done in 15 years! Yikes. I won't post a photo until the very end.
          GOOD LUCK!

• lindy789 commented
          Editing a comment
          In solidarity with you Michelle

[QUOTE=michy11;n891430]This is my quilt so far. [/QUOTE]

Michelle, Looks like you have everything you need, time to get going.What are you using for the background fabric? Should be blooming before you know it.
        Time to Party in the Garden. HelenW

Comment

Went with whimsical, fun and something that makes me smile. I used back basting and needle turn but I think I will try something different for next month..shake it up a little :)

Comment

I have finished January's instructions. I have altered some of the pattern of the berries on the left bottom vines due to using 1/4 inch rather than 1/8 inch bias strips. I also have added some fabrics out of my stash that complement the kit fabrics. Very happy with the results, and the paper pieced triangles borders went on perfectly. Not a single point cut off.

Comment

Here is my finish for Month 1. My corner points on the flying geese were a bit of a challenge, Using fabrics from my stash. I'm doing needle turn applique.
              Last edited by Patricia M.; 01-25-2022, 05:12 PM.
                Patricia McLaughlin

Comment

[QUOTE=fruitwood;n891444]Are your triangles stitched? I like how they overlap each other. I love the watering can idea.[/QUOTE]

Julie, Thanks for the compliment. On the triangles being stitched, it would depend on which photo you are looking at.
                They are slightly overlapped. Most of the overlap is in the seam allowance area. I decided to try the applique triangles instead
                of foundation paper piecing.I did machine stitching with thread matching the fabric using a 1.0 by 1.0 zig zag stitch. I decided to go with a country garden party theme, rather than vases. So I will be having critters,
                garden tools, birds and birdhouses in place of the vases. Having fun just thinking about what to do next. HelenW
                Last edited by Helen W.; 01-26-2022, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Julie E. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So far what you have going on looks awesome. I'm not sure if I am going to do this quilt. I'm still working on the last one. I need to do the tall buildings yet. Plus, other unfinished projects. It will be fun to see yours finished.

Very happy about the finished project. Used small zigzag on most of the appliqués,

Comment

I finished Month 1. I used my scraps, but purchased four fabrics for the backgrounds. I'm looking forward to Month 2.

Comment

• KAREN M. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lovely color balance!

Month 1 down. Bring on Month 2. Center is Needleturn appliqué. Borders are FPP.
                  -dena

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1261 users online. 250 members and 1011 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X