Collapse

Our Sponsors

MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month one is finished. I will add buttons to some of the flowers after it is quilted.
    This was a great way to try the technique of using Print and Piece Fuse Lite for the applique motifs. I plan to go back to needle turn as I find it faster and less tedious, only because I have been doing it for years. I will say, however, that Karen Kay Buckley Perfect Circles worked like a charm. I had never used them before and will continue to do so. Quick and easy with great results.
    Bonnie Goodrich
    No matter where I roam,
    Montana is my home.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Bonnie, Get in a habit of clicking on the photos. Most of them get partially cut off, but when you click on them it enlarges the whole picture. I saw the bottom border. Yes, it is there. Good job. Great selection of fabric colors. HelenW

For some reason, the photo was cut off when it uploaded. Trust me, there is a lower sawtooth border.
    Bonnie Goodrich
    No matter where I roam,
    Montana is my home.

Comment

• Ellen L. commented
      Editing a comment
      It's there. Just not on the thumbnail. Looks great!

Just got home from 10 days away. Today was cold and rainy, something Florida girls are not used to. I stuck to my sewing machine and watched Earth vs the Flying Saucers, among other vintage TV.
    Ellen Lindow
    Plant City, FL

Comment

Comment

Just finished block 1. I hope I can continue to keep up.

Comment

month one done!

Comment

• kelly u. commented
            Editing a comment
            if you click on it you can see it right side up

• Eula M. commented
            Editing a comment
            Love your fabrics

Comment

• Donna commented
            Editing a comment
            My January block is finished! I am using a fat quarter bundle called Folk Friends that i bought from TQS and then adding from my stash. I am doing needle turned hand appliqué. So much fun!

[QUOTE=Sophie123;n891388]My January block is finished! I am using a fat quarter bundle called Folk Friends that i bought from TQS and then adding from my stash. I am doing needle turned hand appliqué. So much fun![/QUOTE]

Great job. Love your vase.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL
          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I was inspired by Iren's comment about the lush gardens of Kenya and have decided to make mine with the west African fabrics I have here in Niger. Cutting some flower motifs from the fabric as well.

Comment

• Ellen L. commented
              Editing a comment
              Brilliant idea! This looks lovely. The vase looks like a woven basket.

Updated - I will make my fence as if it is the rays of the sun as we live in sub-Sahara Niger where we don't have many lush gardens but we have lots of sun. This is my first time doing needle turn so some of this will be done with that technique and some raw edged applique. Hope to attach the flowers and stems this week. I do not have access to all the supplies here so using what I have to make the stems and apply the leaves and flowers.

Comment

• Joan H. commented
              Editing a comment
              That basket is phenomenal

• Lynnanne commented
              Editing a comment
              This is going to be a cool quilt. Amazing how creative you can be with limited supplies!

• soniasimone commented
              Editing a comment
              This is so great! I love this take on the project.

Ready to start sewing the pieces on.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed making block one, the directions were terrific
              [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-tempid":"temp_3296_1643058691489_848"}[/ATTACH][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/thequiltshow.com\/forum\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

Comment

• PatLustig commented
                Editing a comment
                Lovely - love your flower color choices - that's what I've chosen so far. I like your saw tooth border in all green tones. The original scrappy quilt is stunning, but it overwhelms my sensory system and focus. I'm thinking of even using one color and pattern so the saw tooths frame the center not compete with it. Thank you!

• Teresa B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful quilt block Marge. Love the green triangles, nice accent.

• Dena_Limpede commented
                Editing a comment
                Love your updates to the layout. I did the same by adding berries and a few minor flower changes. I really like your Green border and black vase.

This is my quilt so far.

Comment

• PatLustig commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with you. Still looking for a few more fabrics. I enjoy seeing the diversity which stimulates creativity and personal choices.

• Donna B. commented
                Editing a comment
                I was easily overwhelmed too because I'm working from my stash. But I progressed in this order focusing on one section at a time: stems (one fabric), vase, flowers and leaves at upper right, lower right flowers and leaves, berries, center flowers, left hanging fushia and the big flower upper left last. Everything is turned under using apliquik method and now I'm machine stitching everything down. I'm waiting to pick out border fabrics after the center is done. This is the first applique project I have done in 15 years! Yikes. I won't post a photo until the very end.
                GOOD LUCK!

• lindy789 commented
                Editing a comment
                In solidarity with you Michelle

[QUOTE=michy11;n891430]This is my quilt so far. [/QUOTE]

Michelle, Looks like you have everything you need, time to get going.What are you using for the background fabric? Should be blooming before you know it.
              Time to Party in the Garden. HelenW

Comment

Went with whimsical, fun and something that makes me smile. I used back basting and needle turn but I think I will try something different for next month..shake it up a little :)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 707 users online. 370 members and 337 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,957   Posts: 150,371   Members: 20942   Active Members: 1,686  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                X