Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done
    Suzanne Chickite

Comment

Taking a break from edge stitching Month 1 center block. Thinking ahead to Month 2. Going to make my border wider so I can
      do flowers and bird houses. This is the start of the first border. Will need to compensate the number of dog tooth triangles by
      what I get after making one border. Then I will do the math. I just kind of roll with what I like the looks of. HelenW

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
        Editing a comment
        Helen, it’s coming along so beautifully. I’m amazed by how you get so much done and still find time to dedicate to everyone on the forum! (And shovel snow!)

• Julie E. commented
        Editing a comment
        Are your triangles stitched? I like how they overlap each other. I love the watering can idea.

It’s official- my first block is finished! Yay! I am excited to go on! I used Riley Blake’s black pinstripe for the corners as I am using the black pinstripe for my outside borders and thought it would be appropriate to connect the beginning to the end.

Comment

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Tere D, Your fabric color combination is wonderful. Love the dog tooth border background fabric.
          It is a perfect bouquet for a Garden Party. HelenW

• Marge P. commented
          Editing a comment
          Your block is beautiful!

Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Suzanne C, Such cute little bees on the block. I also like the hand embroidery stitches. I too want to add some to mine.
          But right now I am still just getting the edge stitching done. HelenW

• Marge P. commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely details!

My Garden done in Japanese woven, next trim and add dog tooth edge.

Comment

• Pamela commented
          Editing a comment
          The fabrics are listed as Japanese yarn dyes on Etsy. The circles are made using cardboard from cereal boxes, I cut fabric were it almost touches when you fold the sides together. Run gathering stitch, use double strand of thread to get your pull to cinch up and press, slightly loosening gathering and remove template, use your thread and cinch back up, ready to stitch. The extra fabric gathered up makes the circles look padded. The templates can be used many times.

• Donna B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

• Eula M. commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

[[email protected];n891246]My Garden done in Japanese woven, next trim and add dog tooth edge.[/QUOTE]

Might be my favorite version so far. Love those fabrics!
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

My first section finished. I learned a lot.
          JET

Comment

• Pamela commented
            Editing a comment
            Really like the bird on the branch, nice addition.

Comment

• Pamela F. commented
            Editing a comment
            My first appliqué and paper piecing project! I’m thrilled with all that I learned and while I see areas that I can improve on with future blocks, my friends and family are thrilled with how this turned out.

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            I love those tiny embroidered stems! Beautiful block.

[QUOTE=Lynnanne;n891266]Helen, it’s coming along so beautifully. I’m amazed by how you get so much done and still find time to dedicate to everyone on the forum! (And shovel snow!)[/QUOTE]

Lynnanne, Thanks for the compliment. It is so much fun just to play "ADD ON" and see what happens. I am one of those quilters
          that use small amounts of time to my advantage. I am not one who can quilt for hours on end. I can do my best work if I kept it
          to less than an hour at a time. I am a creature of habits. I exercise every day, next to no exceptions and I quilt almost every day.
          It doesn't have to be a lot of time, and it all adds up. And don't think that shoveling snow is a chore. My mind is coming up
          with great quilt ideas as I work and since I work out every morning anyway, I don't get sore or injured from the weight . And as far as the helping out or complimenting other quilters, I have never met a quilter I did not
          like. And I know they don't ask the question without hoping someone will answer it. It you like something, say something. If you
          can help out, give your free advice. Hope you get a chance to make a bunch of beautiful quilts this year. HelenW

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re so right. Now more than ever people want to feel part of a community. You are doing a great job and I admire how you organize your life so well.

I finally finished. Needle turned appliqué is tuff, but I am determined.

Comment

Hi Ladies, as normal, I'm just getting started. I'm always the last in line. I'm starting to choose colors now. I'm at the ranch, so my big stash of fabrics are in town. So instead of waiting for another trip to town, I'm starting with what's here. Only Kaffe fab. But my fav anyway. So here's my start. It will be colorful.

Comment

• Rebecca C. commented
              Editing a comment
              you're not the last to start... I bought the fabric kit, but I am not home and haven't been for most of January. I will have to start when I get back there. I did print out the first pattern pieces. But that's as far as I've gotten so far. Fun to see everyone's work.

So happy to be done!

Comment

• Ellen L. commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks great! I love the orange centers on the blue flowers. They look so happy. And your stripes on the stem for the berries looks fantastic. I got home yesterday and started seriously working on mine. Hope to have it finished by Monday.

My first block is finished. I used turned edge machine applique. I used Karen K. Buckley’s method. I really enjoyed putting this block together and can not wait until our next month’s block

Comment

Finished with Month 1, but might go back in later and do some embroidery embellishment. Starting my version of Month 2.
              I have invited McKenna Ryans bird houses to my Garden Party this month. Having sew much fun!!! HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 651 users online. 294 members and 357 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,952   Posts: 150,325   Members: 20913   Active Members: 1,579  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
              X