Collapse

Our Sponsors

MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my plan is ready… fabrics chosen for block 1 and some pieces pressed onto freezer paper. I embroidered they berry vine. I love the batik fabric for the vase! For appliqué, I am using the freezer paper/starch technique. For my Rosa’s tools, I use a fondue fork and a flat head screwdriver!

Comment

• Georgia B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Jo Anne, I love your fabric selection! Can you share information on the dark background fabric? Name, etc. Thank you.
      Last edited by Georgia B.; 01-08-2022, 07:59 PM.

• Jo Anne commented
      Editing a comment
      Georgia, thank you! This background is from Northcott Fabrics called Simply Neutral Black Lines. Thank you, Barbara and Redshoes24 for your kind comments.

• Georgia B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Jo Anne!

Dog Tooth border. Went with the applique method. Really like it!!! Going with square in a square corners instead of the circle
    in a circle corners. HelenW

Comment

This reply by Meegwat has been deleted by Meegwat

Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful, Marina, great job. Love the vase fabric.

• debwinia commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful! Very joyful!

I found a short cut to making berries while watching TV….. I cut out my circles and did the running stitch and left a thread tail. I then will insert the disc pull the thread. I’m using Acorn fabric spray ( because I own it), press, remove the disc and press again. There are 30 of one fabric and 11 of another. Glad that’s done!
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Janet H. commented
        Editing a comment
        Elizabeth, I like your suggestion in making the circles in one sitting. I actually was dreading them being so small! However, no problem. 30 circles plus finished and turned out great! Did not use the spray, too late to go and pick some up. On to the next step.

Getting there
      Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Suzanne, Your color combination looks great. Love the background fabric too. All your shapes are beautifully smooth. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 01-19-2022, 07:01 AM.

Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

[QUOTE=sewskeel;n890924][/QUOTE]

Turn your Dogtooth borders around.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Joyce, You should be really happy with the way your center area turned out. Beautiful vase fabric. The white leaves seem to me to not have enough contrast in color to the background. You could do an outline stitch in a green colored thread or do some
            color crayon in a green color lightly on the fabrics and heat set with an iron to make it permanent. If you do that put a piece
            of parchment paper or teflon pressing sheet on the colored area so the crayon does not get on the iron. If you have not heard
            of using color crayons to color fabric, check out Crabapple Hill Studio for some free videos on the technique. HelenW

• Joyce B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Helen. I had questioned my choice there and I think you're right.

• Donna B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Really love your colors!

Not all stitched down yet. Had trouble picking my greens. Believe it or not my stash and the fabric store didn’t have what I wanted. I did find some cute little bees on one of my fabric. Check them out.
          Last edited by Suzanne C.; 01-09-2022, 03:49 PM.
          Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Linda R. commented
            Editing a comment
            This is so pretty. Love your colors.

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Suzanne C. Your block is beautiful. Thanks for the you tube video you put up on how to do your stems with embroidery sticky paper. HelenW
          This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":891010}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":891011}[/ATTACH] I didn't get as much done this weekend, as I hoped, but I did get started. I only have to baste down the 1/8" stems, then I'll move on to leaves. The dark background was hard to work with. I probably won't use a dark background for any other blocks.

Barbara, I'm in Prattville. We are neighbors.
          Attached Files

I didn't get as much done this weekend, as I hoped, but I did get started. I only have to baste down the 1/8" stems, then I'll move on to leaves. The dark background was hard to work with. I probably won't use a dark background for any other blocks. Barbara, I'm in Prattville. We are neighbors.

Comment

Finished the center. Needle turned.

Comment

• Peg commented
              Editing a comment
              I really like the background!

• Margaret B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Love your flowers. They look perfecto.

• Donna B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Like the colors!

Well that was fun! All needle turn appliqué. Loved the perfect circle templates! I decided on darker gray background for sawtooth and will do that again on next set. I am using lighter grays as backgrounds, except center has a very pale blue wave. Now I have several weeks to admire it.
            Linda H
            Happy Quilting 

Comment

• Paula S. commented
              Editing a comment
              I am so not inspired by my choices on background fabrics.. you just opened so many more ideas... Thank you for sharing this. I am amazed that I your colors are working so well on both light and dark fabrics

My first applique block is finished. Now to do the borders!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 815 users online. 390 members and 425 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,937   Posts: 150,114   Members: 20764   Active Members: 1,602  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Color my world — your finish here
              Thank you, Barbara, for the great advice!...
            • Month 5 -- show your progress here
              My progress so far. Ready for next month....
            • Month 5 -- show your progress here
              My progress so far. Ready for next month. ...
            • Month 5 -- ask questions here
              Thank you Barbara and Helen, you’ve given me a lot to consider and research. The suggested sections make sense. My appliqué...
              While it is possible, it will take some careful planning. If you quilt Months 1-5 as a section, you could later quilt the...
              Carole, you will have to read each show's rules carefully with all the embroidery on your quilt. Finding the proper category...
              Carole B, So happy for you. Start entering those shows and be sure to get back to us with pics
              if you win any ribbons....
              Suzanne, I have a book called Machine Quilting In Sections by Marti Michelle. I would think you could quilt it in sections...
              Barbara, do you think it would be possible to “quilt as you go” on this quilt? I think the first five months of blocks...
              On the first Document, the Introduction, it says “Approximately 74” square”.
              I'm late to the party, life, chemo etc etc but still working on the quilt. I know already that I'm going to add an extra...
              Helen--Just heard back from Wendy giving me permission to show my quilt. She told me I should enter it in lots of shows....
              Carole B, Like your niece I too love birds. And your birds are so, so cute. She will love it. It is a size that would be...
            • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
            X