Collapse

Our Sponsors

MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My quilt is all machine embroidery designs digitized on my home computer.

Comment

Trying to repost a right side up photo. Margaret

Comment

[QUOTE=mamcangert;n892594]Trying to repost a right side up photo. Margaret [/QUOTE]

Click on it to see it right side up.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Whoa, I am loving all the Month One GPDU. I finally finished mine, but feel so behind. Oh well, I will try and simply enjoy the process, however long it takes me. And it has been fun.

Comment

Now to start sewing.

Comment

Got the first block done. Though I'm thinking about redoing the one flower. I'm not in love with it. (The orange striped one near the red berries.) Decided to embroider the small stems and use buttons for the red berries. This may be the only one I do.

Comment

• soniasimone commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the striped flower! I think the whole block looks great.

Progress - shew! I started the first week of January with needle-turn applique and HATED my results. Not my first try but I was NOT happy with what I was doing. I put it away for a couple of months and finally just decided to do raw edge. I'm LOVING it now and have caught up. It was quite uplifting to throw all those pieces away that I hated! Someday I will tackle that needle-turn but this is fun and that is what i'm loving right now!

Comment

I know it is April but I choose to do finished edge applique. I am sure the rest will be faster. Or not.

Comment

Month 1 is finally done. WooHoo!! I made an oopsie and had to get friendly with my seam ripper. It took me awhile to see my mistake. lol

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Shannon, Love the hexie flowers for corner stones. I thought about that, but you actually did it. I love it.
                    Great looking place of design in the vase. Looking good!!! HelenW

• Molly A. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love it, especially the vase fabric!

I finished Block One. I just need to add the border. I'm prepping month 2 applique borders for a weekend trip.

Comment

I finally got the first part of block one finished.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lovely! The bright vase really sings.

I wasn’t going to do this BOM-not really my style-but when I saw the neutrals fabrics that were being used for the current quilt in Alex’s classroom, I decided to use those to do GPDU. I’ve just finished Month 1 and I am having a great time. Between Alex’s neutrals, scraps from my stash and a few new fabrics thrown in, I think I’ve been able to give this a look I really like. I will be making some changes to future blocks as I would rather continue my fused raw-edge applique than do pieced blocks. I may repeat some of the floral blocks or design my own.

Comment

I finished another part of Block 1. Hope my colors look good. Some triangles are white with small blue flowers but maybe you can see them. My husband says it is so pretty. Welcome advice or suggestions. I may just add some borders.

Comment

Finally, step 1 of Month 1 done. Lots of personal trials since Feb 22 that needed to come first. However this is first time I have ever done a needle turn project and now I am enjoying it. Not perfect but learning and enjoying the process is what sewing is all about Now on to dogtooth border

Comment

I finished block one & decided not to do any more.. Will back & quilt.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Linda R. You did a nice job of finishing with borders of your own. Love the flying geese. It makes a
                            great wall hanging. HelenW

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 686 users online. 357 members and 329 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,957   Posts: 150,371   Members: 20942   Active Members: 1,686  
                        Welcome to our newest member, t[email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                        X