Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 1 -- Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I’m struggling with flower D and H. I’ve watched all the videos, read the blog and been following the forum. I’m a bit behind most as I’ve only done about half the appliqué for month one. I found the individual leaves and petals manageable and am pleased with results but D and H are causing me problems. Any advice gratefully received.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ktmosedale;n891766]Yes I’m struggling with flower D and H. I’ve watched all the videos, read the blog and been following the forum. I’m a bit behind most as I’ve only done about half the appliqué for month one. I found the individual leaves and petals manageable and am pleased with results but D and H are causing me problems. Any advice gratefully received. [/QUOTE]

For help with V's, those deep places on flowers D and H, go watch show 806 with Verna Mosquera. Starting at about 32 minutes she shows how to hand applique those V's. The process would be similar for machine applique--you would turn the edges under for that just like they are turned under for hand applique.

Our site has almost 400 shows and the search box is very helpful. I searched for hand applique and it didn't take me long to find this show.

Take a look--then let us know if it helped.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Good morning,
        I'm very late in starting, but here I go. I made the vase and I'm very happy with how it turned out. I made the sawtooth boarder and I realized that I'm just a bit too small. I don't know how to adjust the size on my printer, so I'm going to draft out the sawtooth boarder. Please tell me the width that I'll need to make this. I believe it's 18.5 x 2.75.
        Thanks, now I need to find some more coffee.
        Anne

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Anne, I hope you printed the Optional Alternative Instructions I wrote to supplement the pattern. The paper pieced borders are fully explained in it. The first paper pieced dogtooth border FINISHES at 18" x 2.5". Draw that size rectangle and then add 1/4" seam allowance all around it. The UNFINISHED size of the 4 borders are 18.5" x 3". After you paper pieced them, be sure you trim each border to 18.5" x 3" so they fit the center block accurately. There are four 3" corner squares that are added to the top and bottom borders.

I was looking through the patterns I have downloaded and for some reason I cannot find the four PDF files for Month 2. Is there anyway I can get these four pattern download files for Month 2? PRETTY PLEASE???

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          We no longer have any legal access to the 2022 BOM. All rights returned to Irene Blanck after 2022. Contact her to see about buying what you need. No one here can give them to you now, that is copyright infringement and is illegal.

I know GPDU is over and I do have everything saved but could you tell me how much yardage was needed for all the bias stems?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          One yard will do it

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1234 users online. 240 members and 994 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X