Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    I don't need to start any more projects but I am loving this rooster. I need to retire.
  • antique map wall hanging
    I have no idea about what type of binding is acceptable for a quilt show but it sounds like an awesome project. I thought...
  • antique map wall hanging
    I am working on a wall hanging that is a map of Westeros. This is intended to eventually end up in a quilt show (if I ever...
  • MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here
    Stunning! Love it!
  • Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    Dee, Where do you find these fabulous artists??? When I saw the newsletter this morning I thought that stained
    glass...
  • Month 3 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE
    I don't know if this is too late to help anyone. It is August and I am just working on Month 3 (also 4, & 5 at the...
    Month 8
  • Collage with Cori Dantani fabric
    I am looking for the show where an artist was using a Cori Dantini fabric in a collage technique. Thanks!
    Loved the vase this month. Can't believe we can see then end!
    Pamela, Love the bag hanging on the door knob too. Great color palette. Like Barbara says lovely and soothing. HelenW
  • Help
    1807 Katie Fowler
  • Color my world — your finish here
    It’s most likely a seam allowance problem. There are many and they have to be accurate. You may also find it helpful to...
  • Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS
    This is my block 3 replacing pieced 4 patch. For keeping her style here, I incorporated Irene's other designs. And this...
  • Help
    I watched a show where the quilter cut up finished quilts would anyone have any knowledge of who...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Color my world fit problem. The last section of tall buildings is about 2” bigger than the inner section. How do I fix...
    Pamela, this is such a beautiful quilt. I love so much about it. Just lovely, soothing, really speaks to me. Great job!
    I saw Barbara’s bom under My Sample, I am so inspired by the jewel tones. I especially like Barbara’s July & August...
    Your vase fabric is great with the jug's shape - gives it a real feeling of "round-ness" -- and the leaf colors...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Printing for paper piecing question

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing for paper piecing question

For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line up the 1/4 inch (broken line) on my ruler and seem to be cutting off the whole solid line,
    am I explaining this correctly?
    if this has previously been answered, I apologize and please send me there.
    sandi

Originally posted by Oaklaurel View Post
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line up the 1/4 inch (broken line) on my ruler and seem to be cutting off the whole solid line,
    am I explaining this correctly?
    if this has previously been answered, I apologize and please send me there.
    sandi
    Sandi C, I would use the sewing line as the important line. If your printer gave you an exact 1 inch square, the lines should be
    accurate for the correct size house. When you align houses to put them together use pins in the sewing line to sewing line even
    if your seam allowance does not seem exact.If the sewing lines are stacked on top of each other and you sew on it, it should give you the correct size house. That is what I would do. You might get a different idea from Barbara. HelenW

Sandi, Have you already removed the paper from your houses? Can you post a picture of the back of what you
    are having problems with?
    Last edited by Helen W.; 12-30-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I’ll take some pics later…I got a bit busy with fam.

Comment

I have finished piecing the Paper Piecing Sampler. Pieced a back and used the Lantern block as the label.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1586 users online. 1169 members and 417 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,972   Posts: 150,545   Members: 21237   Active Members: 2,066  
        Welcome to our newest member, Michelle Altherr-mrtjaltherr.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X