Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up

I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided that I would print them out in preparation for getting back at it (I got stumped on Month 6.) Anyway, I went to open Month 8 and ran into an issue. It would not let me open the file. I deleted the download, re-downloaded it and I'm off and running (printing) so to speak.

This is just a Heads Up that you might want to open the file and maybe even print it prior to the end of the year, just to be sure you have copies of the instructions and pattern.

Marti

Great reminder, Marti. Every year there are a few who think the patterns are free forever. Only until December 31, 2021. After that, all rights return to the designer so she can sell her pattern.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Kate C. commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Barbara, I’ve just joined TQS as a star member and am really keen to make Color my World, which I have downloaded. I haven’t done any FPP before so am a bit confused by the freezer paper method? I understand some of it but thought having a basic understanding of FPP might be helpful too? Can you recommend any resources to me? Thanks so much, Katie x

Will the videos be available after the first of the year? I have the patterns all printed but I know I will have some questions as I try to make this in 2022 and iw will sure help if all the videos are still available. Thanks!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the videos and my blogs will remain indefinitely.

• Julie B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Where is the downloads for the current BOM. For the last 48 hrs I have searched everywhere and have not been able to download colour my world as a straight forward download! However I did watch one of Barbara's video's and then got the download. Is this the way it works. There is no actual information regarding how it works. If its in a video then please can someone direct me. I'd appreciate it greatly if someone could help me out. I do not want to miss this pattern. Thank you Julie.

I feel like I am losing it! I have not had a problem in the past finding your monthly video but I cannot for the life of me find the video on the quilt show site for Block 12 or for finishing the quilt. I found Block 11 as someone else asked and you provided a link. I have had no luck on you tube or facebook either. Can you tell me Barbara where the videos are located on the quilt show web site? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BethCameron View Post
      I feel like I am losing it! I have not had a problem in the past finding your monthly video but I cannot for the life of me find the video on the quilt show site for Block 12 or for finishing the quilt. I found Block 11 as someone else asked and you provided a link. I have had no luck on you tube or facebook either. Can you tell me Barbara where the videos are located on the quilt show web site? Thanks.
      All the Facebook LIVE broadcasts are found on the 2021 BOM page. Here is the complete list:

https://thequiltshow.com/learn/categ...k-youtube-live
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

Where do I find the link to download the patterns?

Comment

I have downloaded all the patterns but would like to know if the videos will still be available after the end of the year. Thanks

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, the videos and my blogs will remain available indefinitely.

I have a question regarding the Eiffel Tower. In the picture I see a horizonal line on the top and bottom of pattern piece 5, but
        I don't see the bias guideline for the horizonal part on the pattern. I see the 1/4" line but not a bias line guide. Should I just put a bias
        tape across the top and bottom of the 3 lines? Hope I'm not missing a pattern piece. The last couple of questions I have sent in
        I then find the answer right after that, hope that happens again. I have never done a BOM and really enjoying this, praying that
        it all fits together in the end. Thanks, Jane

Comment

Originally posted by munsell View Post
          I have a question regarding the Eiffel Tower. In the picture I see a horizonal line on the top and bottom of pattern piece 5, but
          I don't see the bias guideline for the horizonal part on the pattern. I see the 1/4" line but not a bias line guide. Should I just put a bias
          tape across the top and bottom of the 3 lines? Hope I'm not missing a pattern piece. The last couple of questions I have sent in
          I then find the answer right after that, hope that happens again. I have never done a BOM and really enjoying this, praying that
          it all fits together in the end. Thanks, Jane
          The step-by-step instructions explain those pieces of bias are added after the building is assembled.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Where is the downloads for the current BOM. For the last 48 hrs I have searched everywhere and have not been able to download colour my world as a straight forward download! However I did watch one of Barbara's video's and then got the download. Is this the way it works. There is no actual information regarding how it works. If its in a video then please can someone direct me. I'd appreciate it greatly if someone could help me out. I do not want to miss this pattern. Thank you Julie.
            Go to LEARN
            Select 2021 BOM
            go to each month at a time, click on the Documents tab, to the right of the Videos tab
            download the first month’s pattern
            Repeat for all the remaining months—each pattern is under the Documents tab

My blogs will remain and you can easily Search on them, use Color My World to Search the blog, there is at least one post a month to help you:

Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

I know Alex and Barbara have stated the Color My World pattern is free to TQS members. I joined in November 2021, can I download the pattern?

Comment

how do i download pattern and instructions?
                thankyou!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I answered someone below on how to find and download all the BOM patterns.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                I know Alex and Barbara have stated the Color My World pattern is free to TQS members. I joined in November 2021, can I download the pattern?
                Yes, you have full access to every thing on the website. I answered someone below on exactly where to find them.

My Best Advice for new Star Members: take a few minutes to look at each tab to see what is available. WATCH, LEARN, FORUM, etc.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by pokitos View Post
                  Hi Barbara, I’ve just joined TQS as a star member and am really keen to make Color my World, which I have downloaded. I haven’t done any FPP before so am a bit confused by the freezer paper method? I understand some of it but thought having a basic understanding of FPP might be helpful too? Can you recommend any resources to me? Thanks so much, Katie x
                  I wrote a Tutorial for Freezer Paper Foundation Piecing. Find it on my blog: bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com under Tutorials.

Be sure you watch the show from January 1, 2021--Show 2801. I demo the process there.

And you will want to use the Search the Forum box for the past year's worth of discussion about this quilt. Search Freezer Paper and see many questions/answers about this.
                  Last edited by Barbara B.; 12-17-2021, 04:55 PM.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

I'm a star member but I can no longer get to the patterns. I realized today in putting all the blocks in a binder that I printed the first three blocks the wrong size and now I cannot get to them. I just need to be able to print the templates for blocks 1-3 at actual size. Any help in doing this would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get it done before the end of the year.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are you looking in the patterns/documents tab?

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1255 users online. 249 members and 1006 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X