Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy to finally have this finished. Now to find somewhere to hang it.

Comment

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post

Thank you for the kind words, Helen. I did learn a lot—and are still learning! I’m honored to say that Wendy has also been following my progress along the way from my posts on Instagram. I recently emailed her asking permission in case I end up showing this in a quilt show at some point. Hummm. Need to follow up on that. I’m now working on a small wall hanging for my great niece for her high school graduation. Thinking of trying hand quilting this when it’s done. Here are a few blocks. It’s a Sue Spargo design. My niece loves birds and these are adorable!
      Carole B, Like your niece I too love birds. And your birds are so, so cute. She will love it. It is a size that would be great for
      hand quilting. You stitching can't be beat. HelenW

Comment

• Carole B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Helen--Just heard back from Wendy giving me permission to show my quilt. She told me I should enter it in lots of shows.

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Carole B, So happy for you. Start entering those shows and be sure to get back to us with pics
        if you win any ribbons. I think is Blue Ribbon caliber. Go for it. Just shows what a beginning quilter can do. HelenW

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
      Helen--Just heard back from Wendy giving me permission to show my quilt. She told me I should enter it in lots of shows.

Carole, you will have to read each show's rules carefully with all the embroidery on your quilt. Finding the proper category can be a challenge and it probably won't be eligible for every show. If in doubt, ask the show director before you enter.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post

Carole, you will have to read each show's rules carefully with all the embroidery on your quilt. Finding the proper category can be a challenge and it probably won't be eligible for every show. If in doubt, ask the show director before you enter.
        Thank you, Barbara, for the great advice!
        Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

I'm enjoying looking at all of the finished quilts and the quilts in progress. My world has gotten so busy that I don't have near enough time to sew lately but I did get the first round of houses done and used a panel for the center and background, actually pieces of several panels. It needs another border, maybe a piano key or log cabin style. Not sure when or if that will happen. I'm thinking I will have plenty of projects for the next generation to finish! I did make a compass using my first fabric choices and a single house to see what the quilt might have looked like if I actually found time to make it. For now I have numerous ideas for quilts and am having to prioritize. Plus I'm trying to get a few of my rulers finished with instructions before the local quilt show this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ajclapp View Post
            I'm enjoying looking at all of the finished quilts and the quilts in progress. My world has gotten so busy that I don't have near enough time to sew lately but I did get the first round of houses done and used a panel for the center and background, actually pieces of several panels. It needs another border, maybe a piano key or log cabin style. Not sure when or if that will happen. I'm thinking I will have plenty of projects for the next generation to finish! I did make a compass using my first fabric choices and a single house to see what the quilt might have looked like if I actually found time to make it. For now I have numerous ideas for quilts and am having to prioritize. Plus I'm trying to get a few of my rulers finished with instructions before the local quilt show this fall.
            Annis, as always, your work delights and amazes. Spectacular design with the wonderful panel used as background. I will look forward to seeing what comes next.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

I know it is late, but I finally finished my top. I just love this project. Now I am getting the backing fabric ready. It will probably be a while until I finish it all, but I am excited to see the top done finally.
              Beth Palluzi

Comment

Originally posted by bpalluzi View Post
                I know it is late, but I finally finished my top. I just love this project. Now I am getting the backing fabric ready. It will probably be a while until I finish it all, but I am excited to see the top done finally.
                Great accomplishment! I know you are glad the top is done.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

I'm so excited. I won the Past Presidents Award for my "Color My World " at the Omaha Quilt Show. this year (2022). I loved making this quilt .The freezer paper piecing was new to me, but I love it now and have used it in other patterns. I used Fairy Dust by Tula Pink for my background and my stash for the houses and trees. So many people commented on the quilt and said they had seen the patten, but had not made the quilt. I think several more members will be making it now.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiltRN View Post
                    I'm so excited. I won the Past Presidents Award for my "Color My World " at the Omaha Quilt Show. this year (2022). I loved making this quilt .The freezer paper piecing was new to me, but I love it now and have used it in other patterns. I used Fairy Dust by Tula Pink for my background and my stash for the houses and trees. So many people commented on the quilt and said they had seen the patten, but had not made the quilt. I think several more members will be making it now.
                    Congratulations! Your quilt is beautiful. Quite a few of these are being entered into shows and winning awards. It was a challenging project but worth the time and effort.
                    Barbara Black
                    Huntsville AL

Comment

After looking at this for the last 7 months since I finished the piecing and working up the nerve to quilt it, I finally finished my quilt. I call it Color My World with Sunshine and Blue Skies. The sun being the middle medallion and the blue skies the background. I’m so pleased I took this journey last year and have a wonderful gem to enjoy. Thanks to Barbara for all that you put into these BOMs. I could not have done this without you and your encouragement. The photo isn’t as good as I would like it. The quilt really isn’t wavy but just the way it is hanging on my mantle and the camera angle. The fabrics used in this quilt were almost exclusively Ricky Tims hand dyed scraps that I had. I did use a few of his hand dyed from my yardage for variety of color and of course the background was not one of his fabrics. The quilting took about 30 hours and I used 30 different threads. I did mostly outlining and quilt in the ditch quilting doing more details in the center medallion, trees and roofs. The quilting in the blue background was meandering to represent the clouds in the sky.
                      Last edited by Christy G.; 07-21-2022, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by christy View Post
                        After looking at this for the last 7 months since I finished the piecing and working up the nerve to quilt it, I finally finished my quilt. I call it Color My World with Sunshine and Blue Skies. The sun being the middle medallion and the blue skies the background. I’m so pleased I took this journey last year and have a wonderful gem to enjoy. Thanks to Barbara for all that you put into these BOMs. I could not have done this without you and your encouragement. The photo isn’t as good as I would like it. The quilt really isn’t wavy but just the way it is hanging on my mantle and the camera angle. The fabrics used in this quilt were almost exclusively Ricky Tims hand dyed scraps that I had. I did use a few of his hand dyed from my yardage for variety of color and of course the background was not one of his fabrics. The quilting took about 30 hours and I used 30 different threads. I did mostly outlining and quilt in the ditch quilting doing more details in the center medallion, trees and roofs. The quilting in the blue background was meandering to represent the clouds in the sky.
                        Thank you, Christy, your comment means a lot to me.

Your quilt is wonderful, I especially like your trees, great quilting. I tried several shapes on the trees before I was satisfied, yours are perfect!
                        Barbara Black
                        Huntsville AL

Comment

I finally finished Color My World and entered it in the New Braunfels Quilt Fest. I received an Honorable Mention ribbon for my work. I'm thrilled. This was a delightful adventure! Thank you Barbara Black and Wendy Williams

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It is great seeing so many of our Block of the Month quilts entered in shows and earning awards. Great job--congratulations!

My Colour My World quilt was entered into our guild's Exhibition 2 weeks ago and I was thrilled to have won a Judges Commendation and also Best quilt label.
                          I also got to meet Wendy Williams and showed her a photo of my quilt. She took a photo which I was honoured by.

Fantastic quilt to make. Thank you Barbara Black for your guidance.

Now back to Garden Party Down Under.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Congratulations—that’s great!

Thanks Wendy and Barbara for designing and showing how to make such a beautiful quilt. Goal of State Fair Blue ribbon achieved. Plus they added a Purple. self quilted on my long arm.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Congratulations! Well done.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1251 users online. 244 members and 1007 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X