Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color my world — your finish here

Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone has made.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I have finished my quilt top. I love it. I used mostly Ricky Tims’ hand-dyes in this quilt. Of course not for the background, nor the roads. I used scraps that I had on hand but occasionally had to break into my precious “Ricky stash”. I am going to take my time deciding how I want to quilt it and probably won’t start the quilting until the new year. Thank you Barbara for all you have done to lead us thru the making of this quilt. I have been a star member since the beginning and this is the first “The Quilt Show” BOM that I have made. This one immediately spoke to me. I didn’t think I could do it when I first saw the quilt but because of Barbara’s encouragement I gave it a try. What a great journey it has been. I have really enjoyed the process and seeing the progress month to month. The photo doesn’t do it justice but it is the best I could do.

Comment

• Dorothy P. commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful colors and workmanship

• sosallap commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice Job! I love your choice of fabrics especially the golds in the middle star and the darker shades of the background.

• Kristy S. commented
      Editing a comment
      Quite striking!

Originally posted by christy View Post
    I have finished my quilt top. I love it. I used mostly Ricky Tims’ hand-dyes in this quilt. Of course not for the background, nor the roads. I used scraps that I had on hand but occasionally had to break into my precious “Ricky stash”. I am going to take my time deciding how I want to quilt it and probably won’t start the quilting until the new year. Thank you Barbara for all you have done to lead us thru the making of this quilt. I have been a star member since the beginning and this is the first “The Quilt Show” BOM that I have made. This one immediately spoke to me. I didn’t think I could do it when I first saw the quilt but because of Barbara’s encouragement I gave it a try. What a great journey it has been. I have really enjoyed the process and seeing the progress month to month. The photo doesn’t do it justice but it is the best I could do.
    Great job! So glad you kept with it. Now you have a great quilt and new skills.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL

Comment

I have already posted this picture but since this is the place to put finished, but not quilted I am posting it again.
      I made it 60% size, flannel, and made it country not city. Had a lot of fun, and really enjoyed all Barbara's videos
      and advice on the forum. Loved all the fabulous pictures of progress everyone posted.Learned a lot from other
      peoples mistakes too. HelenW

Comment

• Janine B. commented
        Editing a comment
        I love this trip in the country! Great ideas! Good job!

• carolgag commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, Love the creativity!

• Marilyn M. commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! Very nice work. I really like the idea of the mountains in the back. I haven't started mine yet but have rough plans in the works to only do up to the trees but am going to have lots of flowers but I may add the mountains as a tribute to my dear friend that just passed away. She loved the mountains. Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea. Mine will be a tablecloth.

I am finished! I started in June, paper pieced the entire thing, and have a small clock face to glue to Big Ben after it is quilted. My husband will quilt it, probably after the first of the year. It was a FABULOUS project and I am proud to have completed it. Love Wendy Williams, and Barb, the videos were so helpful. Thank you Quilt Show!
      PS- I LOVE seeing the other quilts posted. Folks are so original and imaginative! I did the quilt with a kit and didn't veer "off court" too very much, except for my bright red border....I need to branch out more!
      Last edited by Twila I.; 11-11-2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Your bright red border is fabulous! Super job.

My Top ist finished too, just Needs another Good press. I am just thinking about adding a boarder or not.
      Greetings from germany

Comment

Got all my pieces finished, made Big Ben to look like our Parliament Building in Ottawa. Designed my own CN TOWER and made two skyscrapers. Added a CANADIAN flag to clock face very pleased, I’m going to attempt assembly today!

Comment

• jenny s. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love this I'm doing mine with light background for the outer ring and dark for the inner ring, but haven't worked out how much i need to do that. Roughly how much fabric did you use for the background for the inner house ring if you don't mine?

• Maigrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Your CN tower also looks a lot like the Skylon Tower and revolving restaurant in Niagara Falls, On. Cool! I really want to make this but no time or energy at the moment. Congrats!

Oh and my Cavapoo Willow approves

Comment

I've made this as a wall hanging for my daughter's new home. The Fire Island lighthouse replaces the Centerpoint building. My children spent much of their summers on Fire Island, a barrier island off of Long Island, NY. The lighthouse is a beacon reminder of her childhood here in NY.

Comment

I added St Louis Arch and a Cardinal baseball in upper left corner. Also I embroidered towns where my sons and family live on the houses in the N S E W . Now onto the quilting!
            Elizabeth Anderson
            Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• BarbaraByron commented
              Editing a comment
              I am also doing the Gateway Arch- and some Bridges.... will have it all together this week.... hopefully!!

I can't believe I finished Color My World! I used fabric from my stash except for the background. I can't wait to see the BOM for 2022! I'm already looking forward to making it!

Comment

Did anyone else find that their outer circle is to big? A lot bigger then inner circle? Any tips on how it should fit? My inner circles assembled perfectly the tips to match road seams helped.

Comment

Well except for borders - top is completed. I am thinking about making it longer, instead of square, by adding a park, or forest on the top and bottom, hummmmmmm.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great idea to make it rectangle shape. You could even tie the park in to the center by having a row of trees like the center tree semi circles.

Pushing the topic a tad with this post. I finished my outer circle of buildings, houses in the city and skyscrapers over the weekend. Today I started attaching these to my wholecloth linen background and adding the finishing embellishing. First up was city hall in the town I was born and have lived in my entire life. Clock face shows time I was born. Only 31 more to attach! Thank you all for the encouragement you have provided over the past 10 1/2 month! I have learned so much and have made so many amazing quilting friends. You are all the best!

ETA: Last Thursday night I took a virtual class with the fabulous Wendy Williams. During the 3+ hour class she gave me a shout out, explaining how I was doing her quilt in wool and even shared a photo. So humbled to be recognized by someone I truly admire.
                Last edited by Carole B.; 11-16-2021, 04:50 PM.
                Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• SusanWade commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just love your version..beautiful!

• Kristy S. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely stunning and truly beyond words!

• Marilyn M. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes I did take your idea of the flowers in the 'street' circles but I was also going to attempt flowers in the center as seen in another quilt. Your work is so lovely I can only dream that mine will turn out ok. I am practicing on another wall hanging so that I don't mess up. Once again thanks so much for sharing so much of your work with all of us.

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
                Pushing the topic a tad with this post. I finished my outer circle of buildings, houses in the city and skyscrapers over the weekend. Today I started attaching these to my wholecloth linen background and adding the finishing embellishing. First up was city hall in the town I was born and have lived in my entire life. Clock face shows time I was born. Only 31 more to attach! Thank you all for the encouragement you have provided over the past 10 1/2 month! I have learned so much and have made so many amazing quilting friends. You are all the best!

ETA: Last Thursday night I took a virtual class with the fabulous Wendy Williams. During the 3+ hour class she gave me a shout out, explaining how I was doing her quilt in wool and even shared a photo. So humbled to be recognized by someone I truly admire.
                Carole, you deserve all the recognition for your beautiful work. You took a great design and adapted it in a way few of us could or would. I encourage you to enter the finished quilt in a variety of judged shows so many more will see it.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

• Carole B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Barbara and Helen!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1083 users online. 185 members and 898 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X