Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it, I was hoping to finish by the end of the year (except for quilting it, may take me all of 2022). This was a huge task and a big challenge to keep it going. Not perfect but the top is done. Like others have said, needs a good pressing and what home doesn’t have a few wrinkles. Thank you Barbara for your great instructions and tips and also the Quilt Show for giving us the shows and This BOM. This was my first one. Still wondering how many pieces this quilt has, maybe my project will be to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DebbiePryor View Post
      I did it, I was hoping to finish by the end of the year (except for quilting it, may take me all of 2022). This was a huge task and a big challenge to keep it going. Not perfect but the top is done. Like others have said, needs a good pressing and what home doesn’t have a few wrinkles. Thank you Barbara for your great instructions and tips and also the Quilt Show for giving us the shows and This BOM. This was my first one. Still wondering how many pieces this quilt has, maybe my project will be to figure it out.
      Great challenge. Debbie--let us know what total number of pieces you come up with. Anyone who disagrees can provide their spreadsheet! Congratulations on finishing.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Debbie P. commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, my personal tally on this quilt for pieces, I've come up with 1,882 pieces which excludes the black bias tape and my borders. I decided since people did different things with the bias tape I decided not to include those but with those, we are close to 2,000 pieces. Like my quilt, it may not be a perfect number but it's close and now done.

Finished my top - it certainly has been a learning experience. Now to the quilting.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful--the blue background is lovely.

Finished the binding of my BOM 2021 today, couldn't get it ready yesterday

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Great skyscrapers. Congratulations on being finished.

I have enjoyed seeing all of the wonderful quilts. I am not an advanced quilter but wanted to give it a try. So I made the first round of houses and appliquéd the road and trees. I love how it turned out, maybe in the future I will try to make the whole quilt. It was a great stash buster.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Melinda, what a great way to give it a go! Your scalloped edge is the perfect treatment, nicely done.

• Melinda B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I really enjoyed working on this. You are a very good teacher. You gave very clear and precise instructions. I am looking forward to this years BOM.

Comment

I loved making this quilt. Have admired Wendy Williams quilts since seeing her and her quilts at our guild AGM.
        Thanks so much Barbara for your very helpful video each month. It was great to get your guidance.
        Last edited by Wendy H.; 01-24-2022, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6869.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	890858 I still need to add the borders. I attempted to make the Golden Gate Bridge and a redwood tree. The bridge is very amateurish, but my new year's resolution is to embrace imperfection so I am using it. Alex's embroidery lesson was very timely! Thank you, Barbara, for the amazing teaching and your infinite patience. Thank you everyone for the inspiration of your photos and progress. You kept me going on my first block of the month quilt. Wishing you all the best in 2022. Karen
          Oops, I need to resize the photo. Will try again. I cannot get it to show up even after reading Barbara's blog. Oh well.
          Last edited by Karen; 01-07-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Comment

• Cindy P. commented
              Editing a comment
              Great corner with Golden Gate Bridge!!!

• commented
              Editing a comment
              Great quilt - beautiful. Golden gate bridge and redwood tree are wonderful. I would love to buy your design if you are willing. pattiwilcox1 at gee mail dot com.

Decided to make my Color My World larger so it fits on a queen size bed. I replaced the roads with paper piecing designs.

Comment

• commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely amazing design changes! Gorgeous. From the roads to the borders!

• Elenaquilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Dramatic flying geese road! I love it.

• Pamela F. commented
              Editing a comment
              Darlene, I’m a year or two behind on this project, but I liked it so much I downloaded the pattern a couple years ago. I’m wondering if you could share your red boarder width and the size of your HST for the boarder?

It's finished! Completely quilted and bound. In a moment of madness, I decided to enter it in the state fair, and it has to be turned in next Thursday. And I'm leaving for Colorado on Tuesday, so a friend is going to deliver the quilt and paperwork for me. If you happen to be going to the Florida State Fair in February, look for it. I don't have a longarm, so it was all quilted on my Janome 6600. When it comes home from the fair, I'm hanging it in my bedroom.
            Ellen Lindow
            Plant City, FL

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Great job, Ellen. Good luck with the fair.

• Treza commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck.

I have both inner and outer circles pinned together. Do i sew these together with the larger building/skyscraper section on top? Iam eagerly awaiting to here from you. Thanks
            Robin Hessefort
            Waunakee,Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by kram20 View Post
              I have both inner and outer circles pinned together. Do i sew these together with the larger building/skyscraper section on top? Iam eagerly awaiting to here from you. Thanks
              Yes, the circle is on the bottom—that is the center with the upper road.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL
              https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Was finally able to get the top finished - took a while to get the skyscrapers finished as I had to finish some projects for Christmas so couldn't work on this in December. I am very proud of the final product. Still have to quilt it, but happy to get to this point. This will be a gift for my sister.

Comment

I feel like I've just completed a "masterpiece" (though it was Wendy's masterpiece}. I love it & learned a lot by doing it. Even added free-motion feathers! Thank you for all your guidance Barbara . Unortunately, cannot figure out how to resize & post photo. Will try again later.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1037 users online. 220 members and 817 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X