Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my finished top. I personalised the small houses and put in the Auckland Sky Tower instead of the centre point tower as Auckland is home for me. I am looking forward to quilting it and having it finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie4759 View Post
      I finished my quilt top. Now just need to quilt it. Very happy with how this project came out. I made a Seattle Space Needle and a NW Coastal Totem Pole for 2 of my tall corner blocks. Thanks for a great BOM and all the work to make this successful for the quilters.
      Debbie, I love the totem pole. Wish I would have thought of that. It definitely would have made it into my country version of
      Color My World in Flannel. HelenW

Comment

Whew! Done and done! Can't believe I finished this in time to give it away for Christmas! The only major change I did was to put in parks in place of the city houses. We all need more green spaces in our lives! Cheers!!!!!

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Parks! Another positive idea!

So happy to be (almost) finished with my quilt top, using my stash of shot cottons and personalizing to include my "near and dear" cities and places. Looking forward to trying some embroidery to add some touches. I really enjoyed working on this unique pattern and love seeing so many beautiful photos on the Forum. Barbara's videos were a real highlight during this frustrating pandemic year, and I learned a lot.

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Love how creative you were with scale as well and elements in your quilt! Impressive command of ability to make this pattern your own!

Two opposite corners feature my toronto CN Tower, and the Lighthouse at Peggy's Cove, N.S. The little houses in the city - I tried to give them a seasonal vibe - spring, summer fall and winter. Now to figure out the quilting. I will have a few puckers to quilt out I am sure! Thank you Babara so very much for all your guidance throughout this year.

Comment

• Susan G. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your personal corners. Any chance you'd share your patterns? I'm no artist. I was born in Toronto so would love the CN Tower and I enjoyed Peggy's Cove. [email protected]

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful use of black and grey and that special background! Set such a designer touch in this quilt!

My first BOM and so happy to get my design wall back. All my hand dyes except 2 tiny pieces of fabric, one is windows in my childhood home that is fabric from my grandmother and the big ben clock face star burst.
        Laceflower

Time you enjoy wasting is not a waste of time.

Comment

• Josephine G. commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonderful. I can't imagine all the work in you hand dyes.

• commented
          Editing a comment
          And once again your iconic buildings are so special! What talent!

Just finished quilting - it was a beast to manipulate on my small domestic machine, but overall a very satisfying project. The colors are actually much brighter than this photo. The upper right skyscraper is the California tower in Balboa Park, San Diego - my home town.

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your bicycle fabric! Very nice design for the California tower. Does justice to the Balboa Park location!

Thank you for the fun BOM, I looked forward to receiving the instructions every month.

Comment

• jptousley commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your happy, festive world! The trees are great!

• Peggy K. commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi. I’m new here and am just starting to plan my Color My World. I’m wondering what you used for your background. Thanks.

• Elenaquilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Inspired choice of striped fabrics in your Mariner’s Compass!

I am ready! It looks great and it was such a fun to make this quilt! Thanks to Barbara for all the good tips.
        I had a bad surprise this morning. I made the winding towert of my hometown. It costs me one day and I was quiete satisfied with it. Yesterday evening I used water to erase the markings and the red batic fabric bleeded into the backround. So I had to made another corner, I made the castle tower of my hometown instead, was faster because easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
          Hallelujah it is done. Going to quilter next. It actually went together smoother than I was fearing. Barbara: Thanks for all your help and guidance.
          How did you do your Statue of Liberty? Did you print it on the text fabric?

Comment

quilted and gifted to my Granddaughter for her 13th birthday. she loves it

Comment

• jptousley commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful! And, what a memorable 13th birthday gift from one’s grandmother!

Comment

• commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! Your version of Color My World is amazing! So professional with the lovely batiks, all the design modifications and changes, adding new trees, using patterned fabric for the trunks of the trees, your house designs, substituting your own 'Compass Star' and on and on! Are those personalized welcome mats at the front doors? Unbelievable use of an already great design!

• Coral commented
              Editing a comment
              Wonderful- I like the different Mariners Star— it truly shines

• Elenaquilts commented
              Editing a comment
              I voted for your quilt for the Viewer’s Choice Award at the Asheville Quilt Show! I’m so glad you won that award. This photo doesn’t do it justice. The quilting and special personalization of the door mats was truly special!

Alleluia! Finished in time to gift it to my son for Christmas. Thank you Barbara for all your instructions and everyone who shared their photos and wisdom on the forum. Happy Holidays!! ~Nancy
            ~Nancy

Comment

• commented
              Editing a comment
              This is such a treasure you have given your son.

Semi finish….. ran out of black binding… long story… mis calculated. I think I’ll finish with a strip of the background. It’s at the bottom. Where I plan on hanging … it may not be too obvious
            Also. I enjoyed this experience so much and admire the quilts that we all did… now onto the ‘The Garden Party’!
            Elizabeth Anderson
            Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              I doubt you will notice the small amount of binding at the bottom. Congratulations on being done before the years end! Quite an accomplishment.

I hope you can see this….I decided to put my ‘label’ on the front… I couldn’t get my picture of my name and year to upload
            Elizabeth Anderson
            Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1147 users online. 220 members and 927 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X