Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished today. I really enjoyed this BOM. For the skyscrapers I did the Seattle Space Needle and the Point Atkinson Lighthouse. Houses and building are Kaffe Collective fabrics and background is sunflower grunge. Off to the quilter later this week.
    Maureen Wood

Comment

• Landa R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Maworchid AWESOME quilt... Would you be willing to share your Space Needle and Light House?
      My email is [email protected]. Thanks

• Cindy P. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your choice in background fabric! Marvelous job!

Yea, I did it! Ha. Am still in shock it came out flat and square. I really doubted myself on this one.ha. Now to quilt it…..

Comment

Quilt top now finished! Colours are much brighter than in the ‘photo, it is a dark winter’s day here! Thank you for this lovely opportunity & wonderful instructions.
      Cathy UK.
      Forgot to mention that I included The Leaning Tower of Pisa as one of my skyscrapers.
      Last edited by Laure N.; 12-07-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Rosie M. commented
        Editing a comment
        A beautiful quilt - and I love your leaning tower ! Rosie

• commented
        Editing a comment
        Brilliant and unique take on the compass star and subtle way the colors are presented to tie the quilt together! Wish the photo would enlarge more to show me a closer view. So many elements to admire on your quilt. The Leaning Tower you created is instantly recognizable and the Eiffel tower is a standout in your fabric choices!

Comment

• Brenda Niebuhr. commented
        Editing a comment
        I love your dark background. Everything really pops!

Other than adding a face to Big Ben, I have finished my Color My World quilt top. It feels great to have accomplished that before I get distracted by Garden Party Down Under! Thank you TQS, Barbara Black and Wendy Williams for brightening my year and building my confidence as a quilter.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Kate, your top is beautiful I particularly like the colors of your Mariners Compass. Great job.

• commented
        Editing a comment
        Lovely! Gorgeous quilting too! Agree that your Mariners Compass colors and execution are very impressive.
        Last edited by ; 09-04-2022, 05:09 PM. Reason: Just had to come back and say more about this impressive quilt.

I’ve finished the quilting and extremely happy with the finished quilt, used 24 colors and matched bobbin with top thread. My backing is more a teal cotton shot than it appears in the photo. I substituted one of the building with a building on The Ohio State campus and embroidered the names of the 4 “corners” in a thread to match my background
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally ready to quilt it. I have been trying hard to get this finished before the end of the year. I was worried that it wouldn’t fit together without major corrections, but it went together much easier than I thought. Thank you Barbara for all your tips throughout this BOM. I’m happy with the results.

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice! Such an impressive accomplishment.

Top just needs the final border for floating the design!

Comment

Barbara, I am missing the videos for month 11 and 12. did something change? I Have all the other videos but page 2 the videos are missing? Please advise where I can find the videos for those 2 months. thanks Pat

Comment

• Kathleen K. commented
            Editing a comment
            I had the same issue! Apparently there are videos but they’re not posted in The Quilt Show the same as all other months. I truly enjoyed doing the BOM until the end my out edge is way to big so I’m assuming I’ve done something wrong, I’ve spent a lot of time and money so I’m going to do my best to finish alone.

This is my first BOM and it was a blast (well, maybe some months more than others...fitting the roads/buildings together was more nerve-wrecking than fun). Just need to give Big Ben a clockface and then I'll be ready to start quilting. The quilting should only take a couple of months...hopefully. As Cindy Needham says..."stitch every stinking seam"...and there are a LOT of seams! BTW...this was done on my first sewing machine, a 1976 Bernina Nova...worked like a charm.

Comment

• commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice Nice! Laughing about your comment on how long it may take to quilt and wondering if you were correct?

I finished my quilt top. Now just need to quilt it. Very happy with how this project came out. I made a Seattle Space Needle and a NW Coastal Totem Pole for 2 of my tall corner blocks. Thanks for a great BOM and all the work to make this successful for the quilters.

Comment

• Debbie U. commented
            Editing a comment
            I found it at my local quilt shop. Made by Westfield Laser and is the Mini Totem. It is laser cut with adhesive on the back. It worked out pretty well for the space.

• commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job and of course also love the totem pole! You have sparked all sorts of possibilities for those who have yet to make this quilt. ideas now regarding structures to further extend the World theme of this quilt. What an accomplishment!

• Coral commented
            Editing a comment
            The totem is inspired, thanks. I am done except for wanting to personalize the final corner—- I am now thinking a Tiki would be good for Florida and surfing —Hmmmm

Originally posted by PBell View Post
          Barbara, I am missing the videos for month 11 and 12. did something change? I Have all the other videos but page 2 the videos are missing? Please advise where I can find the videos for those 2 months. thanks Pat
          The videos for Months 11 and 12 are the LIVE broadcasts done in November and December. Find them on the first page of the Color My World patterns under Facebook Live.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL
          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by KathKelly1963 View Post
            I had the same issue! Apparently there are videos but they’re not posted in The Quilt Show the same as all other months. I truly enjoyed doing the BOM until the end my out edge is way to big so I’m assuming I’ve done something wrong, I’ve spent a lot of time and money so I’m going to do my best to finish alone.
            The videos are under the Facebook Lives, found on the first page of the 2021 BOM patterns.

Did you read the blogs I wrote to provide lots of instruction on Months 11 and 12? That is where I can explain things best and with the most detail.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL
            https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Comment

• Becky M. commented
                Editing a comment
                I substituted Chicago’s Sears Tower (now Willis) since I’m in Illinois. Planning to add some thread sketching to darken it a bit—Also added some thread sketching to the 4 small houses to match our last 4 homes we lived in. Added some ballerinas in the inner house doors & windows. Love this BOM & can’t wait for 2022! Thanks Barbara for great teaching
                That helped me actually complete this in the year it was intended!!!

• commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea creating your own former homes in the small houses!

i finished my top! What an accomplishment! it is flat and square!
              Carolyn Owens

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1041 users online. 217 members and 824 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X