X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Cindy P. commented
      Editing a comment
      Great corner with Golden Gate Bridge!!!

Decided to make my Color My World larger so it fits on a queen size bed. I replaced the roads with paper piecing designs.

Comment

• alma c. commented
      Editing a comment
      absolutely breathtaking !

It's finished! Completely quilted and bound. In a moment of madness, I decided to enter it in the state fair, and it has to be turned in next Thursday. And I'm leaving for Colorado on Tuesday, so a friend is going to deliver the quilt and paperwork for me. If you happen to be going to the Florida State Fair in February, look for it. I don't have a longarm, so it was all quilted on my Janome 6600. When it comes home from the fair, I'm hanging it in my bedroom.
    Ellen Lindow
    Plant City, FL

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job, Ellen. Good luck with the fair.

• Treza commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck.

I have both inner and outer circles pinned together. Do i sew these together with the larger building/skyscraper section on top? Iam eagerly awaiting to here from you. Thanks
    Robin Hessefort
    Waunakee,Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by kram20 View Post
      I have both inner and outer circles pinned together. Do i sew these together with the larger building/skyscraper section on top? Iam eagerly awaiting to here from you. Thanks
      Yes, the circle is on the bottom—that is the center with the upper road.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Was finally able to get the top finished - took a while to get the skyscrapers finished as I had to finish some projects for Christmas so couldn't work on this in December. I am very proud of the final product. Still have to quilt it, but happy to get to this point. This will be a gift for my sister.

Comment

I feel like I've just completed a "masterpiece" (though it was Wendy's masterpiece}. I love it & learned a lot by doing it. Even added free-motion feathers! Thank you for all your guidance Barbara . Unortunately, cannot figure out how to resize & post photo. Will try again later.

Comment

Trying to send photo

Comment

Well…. It’s done. 12 months plus of work. I customized a lot of it to be Los Angeles centric with vignettes of the LA City Hall, Watts Towers, Bullocks Wilshire, the Fox Theater in Westwood, UCLA Royce Hall, the Griffith Observatory, the Hollywood sign and our own home in Westwood Hills. Mostly Cherrywood solid fabric and the background is a Riley Blake map design. Waiting for an order for backing fabric to arrive before getting down to quilting. Heaving a great sigh of relief, but it was fun and a challenge. Thank you Barbara Black for the excellent instruction!
              Sally Gould Wright

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Sally, Love your finished results. It shows how much personal work you put into it. Love your background fabric. I would be tempted to put a dark brown or black outline stitch around the left
                top and bottom towers. It might just be the photo, but them seem to blend into the background
                fabric, a little more contrast might make them more evenly colored to the rest of the buildings.
                Just an idea. I think you did an incredible job. HelenW

I finished my top today. I changed up the Australian tower to the Calgary tower to make it a little more personal. I added a black zinger around the center before add into the borders.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Eva, Your black zinger was a great idea for finishing it off. HelenW

Finally, I have finished my quilt top! It's been a fun and challenging ride. I know my quilting skills won't do this project justice. So I need to be patient until April, when my longarm quilter will work her magic.

Many thanks to Barbara for your excellent teaching during these past 12 months!!

Comment

Comment

• susanrfuller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My top is finally finished. I used my own hand dyes for the houses, etc. The landmarks are all from the (San Francisco) East Bay Area: Golden Gate Bridge, UC Berkeley Campanile, Bay Bridge, Claremont Hotel.

My Color My World top is finally finished. I needed be able to make do with the fabric scraps I had because the stores were often closing due to the pandemic so by taking someone’s suggestion on the forum and with helpful instructions from Helen I was able to reduce the pattern to 60%. Working with the tiny pieces was tedious! I changed two of the skyscapers to make the Mole Antonelliana which is symbol of the city of Torino, Italy where I live and, since I grew up in Littleton, Colorado, I made my own Capitol of Colorado building. Reading and looking at everyone’s work on the forum helps tremendously and Barbara Black with her enthusiasm has been so inspiring!

Comment

Thanbk you for this BOM 2021 pattern. I loved them!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnanne View Post
                    My Color My World top is finally finished. I needed be able to make do with the fabric scraps I had because the stores were often closing due to the pandemic so by taking someone’s suggestion on the forum and with helpful instructions from Helen I was able to reduce the pattern to 60%. Working with the tiny pieces was tedious! I changed two of the skyscapers to make the Mole Antonelliana which is symbol of the city of Torino, Italy where I live and, since I grew up in Littleton, Colorado, I made my own Capitol of Colorado building. Reading and looking at everyone’s work on the forum helps tremendously and Barbara Black with her enthusiasm has been so inspiring!
                    Lynnanne, Congratulations of a fabulous finish to your Color My World at 60%. It is quite amazing to think that a bunch of little
                    scraps of fabric can turn into such a wonderful looking wall hanging. It is a small world. I have a friend that moved from Idaho
                    to Castle Rock Colorado. And she just bought a top of the line Babylock Array 6 thread embroidery machine at a shop in Littleton Colorado. Your personalize sky scraper buildings turned out great. Like me, you probably learned a lot from this BOM.
                    I will be a Wendy Williams fan for life. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 871 users online. 351 members and 520 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,938   Posts: 150,117   Members: 20767   Active Members: 1,598  
                    Welcome to our newest member, Jeanne Mcgill-Stampin322.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• Printing for paper piecing question
                      For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
                    • Color my world — your finish here
                      Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
                    • No more items.
                    Working...
                    X