Collapse

Our Sponsors

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all blocks complete,just have to join corner blocks and my churches ,so much fun, I will applique little churches and eiffel tower

Comment

This was a fun quilt to make. I really enjoyed making this. From choosing fabrics to the assembly. Some of the buildings were very challenging and others were just fun to do.

I'm sorry there is no picture of it. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to post one.

Thank you Barbara for your wonderful videos for each section. They really helped me out. Now if you or someone could post a tutorial on how to post a picture, I would be very grateful.
      Last edited by ; 11-21-2021, 06:33 PM.
      Ruth Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        This was a fun quilt to make. I really enjoyed making this. From choosing fabrics to the assembly. Some of the buildings were very challenging and others were just fun to do.

I'm sorry there is no picture of it. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to post one.

Thank you Barbara for your wonderful videos for each section. They really helped me out. Now if you or someone could post a tutorial on how to post a picture, I would be very grateful.
        I wrote this post in March. Use the Search box on the left to find topics. I searched for posting photos and it came right up:

https://thequiltshow.com/forum/block...s-on-the-forum
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Finally got it. Thank you Barbara for the help.

Now I need to find a cool backing and quilt it.
          Last edited by ; 11-21-2021, 10:46 PM.
          Ruth Wilson

Comment

Loving my Colour My World quilt. All quilted and bound, I change the small houses in the city to icon buildings in Sydney. This was such a great quilt to make. Thanks for the unique and wonderful pattern

Comment

• Carole B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Love what you did, especially the Opera House! Congrats on finishing this amazing quilt!

My finished top. I love this pattern. (Please excuse the wrinkles. I should have pinned it better to my design wall)

Comment

Originally posted by amyrach View Post
              Loving my Colour My World quilt. All quilted and bound, I change the small houses in the city to icon buildings in Sydney. This was such a great quilt to make. Thanks for the unique and wonderful pattern
              Wow, Amy! The first finished quilt. Great job.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL
              https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Instead of thin, tall structures I decided on broad waterfront structures that mean something to me and they became too WIDE for the corners. I have not yet seen that anyone else has enlarged the corners! I have eliminated two of the tall corner buildings at each of the corners-8 tall structures I didn't have to do!! I have one corner, The Gateway Arch, to finish and then can put it all together. Other corners are The Might Mac, Leo Friego; and the Golden Gate Bridges...its been a blast... so far. Hope it will all go together~!!
                Last edited by BarbaraByron; 11-22-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I finished the top today. I used all scraps like so many. It is a big quilt so I opted for a smaller border of material that I had on hand. I wanted to frame the quilt so I used some of the left over bias tape. I hand stitched all my black bias tape on this quilt. I always enjoy some hand work. It is a stunning quilt. I had no problems with the final houses fitting the circle and was so pleased.

I appreciate all the wonderful tips given during this process and the many ideas shared. I am looking forward to the 2022 BOM.
                  Linda H
                  Happy Quilting 

Comment

I have loved this project which I commenced in April I added 2 churches as any city always has old churches. I used all fabrics from my stash which suited me as I like working with brights. I needed to purchase background as I needed quantity
                    my fried, Patricia painted the clock for Big Ben
                    carol from Australia

Comment

I have completed the top. I joined the Quilt Show to do this BOM, and have enjoyed doing it. Some frustrating bits, but I just needed to remember to slow down and be accurate. I did two borders, the first a narrow border using the background fabric and then the second was the same fabric as the background to the mariner's compass. Thank you Wendy Williams for such a great pattern and thank you Barbara Black for all your videos, lives and blogs to help us on our way. Now to quilt it.
                      Queensland Australia

Comment

Loved making this quilt!
                        Ellen Jordan

Comment

Finally finished. Never a fan of foundation paper piecing but I did it. Instead of skyscrapers I added iconic Charleston SC images. Small houses changed to represent our Rainbow Row
                          Lucy

Comment

I have just finished joining circle,So pleased with the outcome now for the bordersI must admit I put little churches in last as I had made them wider to give some fudge space if needed

Comment

All done! I enjoyed working on this very much. I love paper piecing so it was right up my alley. I was intrigued with the theme of the quilt this year. My sister and I traveled extensively as we both loved exploring new places. This quilt was done in her memory. Each corner piece represented a place we visited. Luckily, 2 of the blocks were done for me since we visited Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower. The lighthouse represents Cape Cod and the windmill represents our trip to Holland. Almost all the fabrics I used are Tula Pink. I did the quilting. Mostly ruler work with free motion in the background.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1320 users online. 534 members and 786 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 06:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,829   Posts: 147,977   Members: 18902   Active Members: 2,335  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                              X