Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

    I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Would love to finish this, but alas . . . .
    I am trying to complete this top and have run into a big problem - my edges are curved! I don’t know how this happened,...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

    https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

    Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • Loading...
  • No more items.

Our Sponsors

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
    This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]

    My finished Color My World Quilt. I'm entering it in my Quilt Guild's Quilt Show in October. I learned a lot making this.
    Attached Files
    Ruth Wilson

    Finished my Color My World. Will be entering it in my guilds Quilt Show in October. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5522.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	894089
    Ruth Wilson

    Comment


    • Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Your photo is most likely too large, resize smaller and try again

    (Very) late to the party, but thrilled to share a photo taken by my custom quilter who just finished working her magic on my quilt. You may recall that I went rogue on this amazing design using wool felt on wholecloth linen. I learned so much from stitching my first small house, the one I grew up in, to the vine border. The buildings in the outer circle I designed to represent places that have meaning to me and my family. The four houses in the city at NSEW are the four homes my husband and I have lived in over the past 40 years. The corner buildings are places my husband and I have worked in, where we were married and where our son went to school. Clock towers have times when we were born. I truly enjoyed every stitch during this journey. Can’t wait to get this back so I can add the binding and hang this in my living room-my first ever quilt!
    Thank you to Alex and TQS for making this beautiful Wendy Williams design available. I’m thrilled to have had the opportunity to actually speak to Wendy along the way! Barbara Black’s encouragement throughout the process has meant so much to me as I made this my own. And lastly, thank you HelenW for being my #1 cheerleader as I dove into the deep end. ❤️
    Last edited by Carole B.; 10-23-2022, 08:54 AM.
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

    Comment


    • Lori commented
      Editing a comment
      Stunning! It really looks quite amazing.

    • Lisa K. commented
      Editing a comment
      Your quilt is fabulous!

    • Beth B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Carol,
      Wow! Stunning beauty! I hope you have plans to enter this beauty in a national quilt show, it deserves to be seen and admired by the masses. I would love to see it in person, so if you ever show it in New Hampshire, or New England, please let us know! I'll be there if at all possible!

      Beth B.

      PS, I'm in the same boat... finally got my top completed, and I'm waiting to get it back from my LAQ. Can't wait to see it again and thrilled that I may actually get it completely finished in 2022!

    Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
    (Very) late to the party, but thrilled to share a photo taken by my custom quilter who just finished working her magic on my quilt. You may recall that I went rogue on this amazing design using wool felt on wholecloth linen. I learned so much from stitching my first small house, the one I grew up in, to the vine border. The buildings in the outer circle I designed to represent places that have meaning to me and my family. The four houses in the city at NSEW are the four homes my husband and I have lived in over the past 40 years. The corner buildings are places my husband and I have worked in, where we were married and where our son went to school. Clock towers have times when we were born. I truly enjoyed every stitch during this journey. Can’t wait to get this back so I can add the binding and hang this in my living room-my first ever quilt!
    Thank you to Alex and TQS for making this beautiful Wendy Williams design available. I’m thrilled to have had the opportunity to actually speak to Wendy along the way! Barbara Black’s encouragement throughout the process has meant so much to me as I made this my own. And lastly, thank you HelenW for being my #1 cheerleader as I dove into the deep end. ❤️
    Carole, you know how fantastic I think this is. I shared this photo with Alex Anderson who had to study it. She could not believe it was your first quilt.

    Thank you for sharing it here and telling your story about it. You are off and running!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

    Comment


      Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post

      Carole, you know how fantastic I think this is. I shared this photo with Alex Anderson who had to study it. She could not believe it was your first quilt.

      Thank you for sharing it here and telling your story about it. You are off and running!
      Thank you Barbara for all your encouragement over the past year+. My quilt arrived back home today in New Hampshire and is more stunning than I could ever imagine. I’m now auditioning fabrics for the binding and hope to have it hung in my living room in time for the holidays. ❤️
      Carole B. aka nhbaskets

      Comment


        My First foundation Quilt. “Color where I live in Belgium”

        Comment


          I mostly machine quilted mine and put the binding on in September, but finally finished the hand quilting details I wanted to add yesterday.
          Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

          Comment


            Fully one year late, but it's finally quilted and, on the way, back to me from my fabulous Long Arm Quilter, Louise Klare of K7 Quilting. She hid some surprises for me, so it's going to be a lot of fun to find the quilted "Easter Eggs" when I get the quilt home to bind and label.

            This was an especially wonderful quilt to make, even though it took me 2 years instead of one! I got all the way to the outer row in the first 6 months, then became a little overwhelmed trying to pick colors for each house as I sewed. I took almost a whole year off, to work on other projects and clear my mind. Finally last June, I just wanted to put on my big girl panties and get her done! So I went to my stash and decided to pin the main color for each building and start sewing. It was the push I needed, even though I probably changed my mind about those initial fabric choices at least 30% of the time, I was able to steadily keep sewing and finish the project. think I probably have a over 300 different Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics in this quilt. Feeling Very Accomplished!
            Beth Bell Lavoie

            Comment


            • Elaine K. commented
              Editing a comment
              Lovely finish! Can’t use the “like” button this morning, says I’m not authorized, even though I am signed in

            Originally posted by BethBellLavoie View Post
            Carol,
            Wow! Stunning beauty! I hope you have plans to enter this beauty in a national quilt show, it deserves to be seen and admired by the masses. I would love to see it in person, so if you ever show it in New Hampshire, or New England, please let us know! I'll be there if at all possible!

            Beth B.

            PS, I'm in the same boat... finally got my top completed, and I'm waiting to get it back from my LAQ. Can't wait to see it again and thrilled that I may actually get it completely finished in 2022!
            Thank you, Beth! I am planning to show it, just need to determine where and when. Definitely in my local quilt guild’s show in Rochester next October. In the meantime, it’s hanging in my living room.
            Carole B. aka nhbaskets

            Comment


              Finally got it all quilted and finished - and in time to start the 2023 BOM

              Comment


                Not the best photo but my goal was to have it done by the end of 2022, which it now is. Pieced, quilted and binding on. My only comment to myself are my roads are wonky. But living in California, so are our roads so it fits. This was a big challenge and I’m happy I completed it. Finished the quilt top in 2021 and the quilting in 2022. Trying to figure out how to quilt it so I ended up doing a lot of ruler work.
                thank you TQS, Barbara Black, Alex for the inspiration and everyone who posted to keep us all going.

                Comment


                • Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Debbie, my motto is usually "Finished is better than perfect".

                Thanks very much for this beautiful BOM!
                I am very late but have finally finished the top The Oriental Pearl TV Tower in Shanghai/China is used in one of the corners.
                Huimin Gong

                Comment


                  A whole year late, but finally finished! This was a fabulous BOM, and I really enjoyed all the beautiful quilts that were posted by everyone who participated, and the wonderful videos and tips from Barbara. I was keeping up really well through the inner circle, but got a bit kerflauffled picking out colors for my outer circle of large buildings, so I stepped away to work on other projects and give my mind a rest. Well, one year latter, I decided I really needed to get going, so I pinned swatches to my design wall representing the main building color and got sewing. Along the way, I probably changed my fabric choice at least 30% of the time, and plenty of the finished blocks found their way to new locations as they were all sewn together, but I finally finished the outer circle in 2 months. Then it took time to get into the LAQ queue, but it was totally worth the wait! Louise Klare of K7 Quilting did an amazing job, and even quilted several Easter eggs in my houses for me to discover. My binding caused another small delay as I waited for the Kaffe Fassett 85 and Fabulous collection to be released and arrive at my LQS.. I think it was worth all the delays to be able to pick the perfect binding. LOVED this adventure!

                  the vibrant colors in this quilt just don’t show up in my picture. Probably over 300 different Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics were used in this project. Totally validates the reason for a stash!
                  Beth Bell Lavoie

                  Comment


                  • Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Spectacular, Beth. Lots to love here but I think my favorite is your Compass center!

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 1629 users online. 891 members and 738 guests.

                Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

                Forum Stats

                Collapse

                Topics: 8,050   Posts: 151,641   Members: 22593   Active Members: 2,784  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                Trending

                Collapse

                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                Working...
                X