Collapse

Our Sponsors

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got my top finished. Thank you Barbara for the wonderful teaching and thank you to everyone else, the encouragement and hints has kept me going. I've started with SITD already and spotted my (deliberate) mistake. Ah well they always have at least one.

Comment

Comment

460 days in the making and my wool appliqué on wholecloth linen quilt top is done! Onto the backing and then shipping off for quilting. I’ve learned so much over the past year. So glad TQS came across my Facebook feed on New Year’s Eve 2020!
        Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• michele commented
          Editing a comment
          Gorgeous!!

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
        460 days in the making and my wool appliqué on wholecloth linen quilt top is done! Onto the backing and then shipping off for quilting. I’ve learned so much over the past year. So glad TQS came across my Facebook feed on New Year’s Eve 2020!
        Beautiful, Carole! So glad you joined us.

Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I’m late to the party but it’s now a top, will add a 2” border. My corners are US & Texas flags, Statue of Liberty, UTexas clock tower (for my Austin daughter) & windmill (for my rancher daughter) Thank you to all & Barbara for great tips & encouragement

Comment

Originally posted by midnight33 View Post
            I’m late to the party but it’s now a top, will add a 2” border. My corners are US & Texas flags, Statue of Liberty, UTexas clock tower (for my Austin daughter) & windmill (for my rancher daughter) Thank you to all & Barbara for great tips & encouragement
            Love how you personalized the skyscrapers. Great job!
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

Well I’m almost there. Just need to add my borders now. Added the following tall buildings of my own design: The Liver Building, Liverpool, UK, Burj Khalifa, Dubai, UAE and from my home town of Shrewsbury in UK, The Lord Hill’s Column. Also personalised one of the small houses to represent my home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmosedale View Post
                Well I’m almost there. Just need to add my borders now. Added the following tall buildings of my own design: The Liver Building, Liverpool, UK, Burj Khalifa, Dubai, UAE and from my home town of Shrewsbury in UK, The Lord Hill’s Column. Also personalised one of the small houses to represent my home.
                Katy, Great job on your Color My World quilt. I really like your personalized corner designs and the way you combined your
                solid colors looks great. Are you doing Garden Party Down Under? HelenW

Comment

Carole B, I don't know how I missed this post. I think you made the Worlds Best first time quilt. I can't express how much I love,
                  love, love it. Every detail is so well thought out. Who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks. I try to learn a new trick or two
                  with every quilt.You certainly learned a lot last year. Thanks for documenting the whole process you went thru. I so enjoy the posts. HelenW
                  PS Did you send a picture to Wendy Williams? She will think she created a Rock Star.
                  Last edited by Helen W.; 05-17-2022, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Carole B, I don't know how I missed this post. I think you made the Worlds Best first time quilt. I can't express how much I love,
                    love, love it. Every detail is so well thought out. Who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks. I try to learn a new trick or two
                    with every quilt.You certainly learned a lot last year. Thanks for documenting the whole process you went thru. I so enjoy the posts. HelenW
                    PS Did you send a picture to Wendy Williams? She will think she created a Rock Star.
                    Thank you for the kind words, Helen. I did learn a lot—and are still learning! I’m honored to say that Wendy has also been following my progress along the way from my posts on Instagram. I recently emailed her asking permission in case I end up showing this in a quilt show at some point. Hummm. Need to follow up on that. I’m now working on a small wall hanging for my great niece for her high school graduation. Thinking of trying hand quilting this when it’s done. Here are a few blocks. It’s a Sue Spargo design. My niece loves birds and these are adorable!
                    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

So happy to finally have this finished. Now to find somewhere to hang it.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, Helen. I did learn a lot—and are still learning! I’m honored to say that Wendy has also been following my progress along the way from my posts on Instagram. I recently emailed her asking permission in case I end up showing this in a quilt show at some point. Hummm. Need to follow up on that. I’m now working on a small wall hanging for my great niece for her high school graduation. Thinking of trying hand quilting this when it’s done. Here are a few blocks. It’s a Sue Spargo design. My niece loves birds and these are adorable!
                        Carole B, Like your niece I too love birds. And your birds are so, so cute. She will love it. It is a size that would be great for
                        hand quilting. You stitching can't be beat. HelenW

Comment

• Carole B. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Helen--Just heard back from Wendy giving me permission to show my quilt. She told me I should enter it in lots of shows.

• Helen W. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Carole B, So happy for you. Start entering those shows and be sure to get back to us with pics
                          if you win any ribbons. I think is Blue Ribbon caliber. Go for it. Just shows what a beginning quilter can do. HelenW

Helen--Just heard back from Wendy giving me permission to show my quilt. She told me I should enter it in lots of shows.

Carole, you will have to read each show's rules carefully with all the embroidery on your quilt. Finding the proper category can be a challenge and it probably won't be eligible for every show. If in doubt, ask the show director before you enter.
                        Barbara Black
                        Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post

Carole, you will have to read each show's rules carefully with all the embroidery on your quilt. Finding the proper category can be a challenge and it probably won't be eligible for every show. If in doubt, ask the show director before you enter.
                          Thank you, Barbara, for the great advice!
                          Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

I'm enjoying looking at all of the finished quilts and the quilts in progress. My world has gotten so busy that I don't have near enough time to sew lately but I did get the first round of houses done and used a panel for the center and background, actually pieces of several panels. It needs another border, maybe a piano key or log cabin style. Not sure when or if that will happen. I'm thinking I will have plenty of projects for the next generation to finish! I did make a compass using my first fabric choices and a single house to see what the quilt might have looked like if I actually found time to make it. For now I have numerous ideas for quilts and am having to prioritize. Plus I'm trying to get a few of my rulers finished with instructions before the local quilt show this fall.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 668 users online. 375 members and 293 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,957   Posts: 150,388   Members: 20944   Active Members: 1,676  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• Color my world — your finish here
                              Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
                            • No more items.
                            Working...
                            X