Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Assembly of color my world -- important tips

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assembly of color my world -- important tips

The latest blog has my tips for helping you assemble the top of Color My World. Please read before you begin:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...quilt-top.html

There will be one more blog in December with quilting suggestions. Then it will be time for the 2022 BOM!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I am just about done with the first skyscraper and need a small bit of fabric of fabric to finish the small side of One World. Does anyone have enough of the medium blue they can sell or donate to me? I would be ever so grateful. The thoughts of starting all over is overwhelming at this point. Nearing the end is a good feeling too. Thanks all. Eileen

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I am just about done with the first skyscraper and need a small bit of fabric of fabric to finish the small side of One World. Does anyone have enough of the medium blue they can sell or donate to me? I would be ever so grateful. The thoughts of starting all over is overwhelming at this point. Nearing the end is a good feeling too. Thanks all. Eileen
      Which blue and how much do you need? I can provide a bit. Email me with your address—my contact info is on my blog.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

Eileen is looking for a bit of Color #2 to finish One World. I thought I had some but have none. My kit was only 1/4 yard cuts and that wasn't enough so I upped the kit cuts to 1/3 yards.

If you can help Eileen, please post here and email her: minnie84@verizon dot net

Thanks!
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

• Eileen O. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks to Barbara supplying the fabric numbers, I found the fabric at a shop in NY, (I am in NJ), so it should be here hopefully in another day. Yay! Thank you Barbara! Progress is great!

Are there any videos for month 11 and 12? I find blog posts which I will go thru but wanted to ck for videos first.

Comment

Originally posted by leeannas View Post
          Are there any videos for month 11 and 12? I find blog posts which I will go thru but wanted to ck for videos first.
          Here is the LIVE broadcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW4IAf6sdoI

There will be another one November 19
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

• Kathleen K. commented
            Editing a comment
            I watched this video can’t find the ones after that? Why were the videos not posted in the same way as all the others? I feel like the final two months were just given out with no videos, very disappointed with the end of this BOM don’t like that the format for information was changed. I’m now struggling to try and fit together my quilt.

Hi there, I think there is an error with the cutting size of piece m in block 12, the Centrepoint Tower. Instructions say cut 2 pieces @ 4.5 x 4.5...each piece itself is 5.25 inches tall on the print out. I've checked my 1 inch block guide on my print out and it is correct. Has the pattern been amended or am I wrong and just can't figure it out? TIA

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            That size fits the pattern. Cut them larger if you prefer.

Originally posted by KathKelly1963 View Post
          I watched this video can’t find the ones after that? Why were the videos not posted in the same way as all the others? I feel like the final two months were just given out with no videos, very disappointed with the end of this BOM don’t like that the format for information was changed. I’m now struggling to try and fit together my quilt.
          A video would only be valuable if it showed something. I am not making a second one of these just to show assembly. No one else had their quilt ready for assembly by late November when a video would have had to be created.

The detailed blog on Assembly provides a lot of information. Perhaps you missed that:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...quilt-top.html

The LIVE from November 19 is available where all the LIVEs are, on the first page of the 2021 BOM patterns under LEARN.
          Last edited by Barbara B.; 12-01-2021, 09:52 PM.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

I need some advise. I had my inner circle set on the floor while I was stay-stitching my outer circle. My washing machine sprung a leak and flooded the floor with my circle under 1/2 inch of water before I discovered it. When all is over, some of the dye has run. Should I try to see if it will come out now, or wait till it is quilted and I wash entire quilt?
            thanks for your help! Click image for larger version

Name:	DAB5CA72-C409-4C93-BC01-82713436CE1C.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	499.8 KB
ID:	889485

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	904.0 KB
ID:	889490

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1008 users online. 147 members and 861 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X