MONTH 11 — The Skyscrapers, Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi Barbara,
    YOU ARE AWESOME!! Thank you so much for all of your instructions. I have been one of your “Silent” followers. I just joined The Quilt Show in August 2021. I started and finished Ricky Tims Kaleidoscope class, all the time looking at this years BOM. I really liked it, but thought it would be impossible to complete. I started watching your videos and wondering if I could do it. So, I jumped in and decided to give it a try. You are such a wonderful, encouraging instructor, I can’t thank you enough. I didn’t try to create any blocks other than the ones in the pattern. I did use my own fabric, because I was a bit late in purchasing the kit. So, here is my progress. Do I understand correctly that you will be the one teaching the BOM for 2022? I certainly hope so.
    Thanks again,
    Linda
    Linda, you just made my week! Posts like yours make all the hours worthwhile. My goal is to share what I have learned over many years to all those who want to learn. And, YES! I am going to lead you all through the 2022 BOM—big reveal is coming SOON!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

5 sections ironed together, then 5 vertical stripes sewn. Horizontal bars positioned using freezer paper as a guide then background sewn on. Even easier than appliquing on and much quicker than doing each section separately. The cross bars are only attached at the ends at the moment. Will either sew the edges now or most likely wait until the quilt is assembled and quilt them then. I used a small piece of freezer paper the right size and folded the edges over then glued each bar in position (after removing FP)
      before sewing the side seams. Thanks for the suggestion Barbara.
      Last edited by jilly54; 11-13-2021, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Only 2 more to go, notice the lighthouse!!!
      Last edited by Susan L.; 11-13-2021, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Here is a close up of the lighthouse

Comment

I've finished all the buildings! Yay! This has been so much fun. Next week I'll put them in the outer row and get the quilt assembled.
        Ellen Lindow
        Plant City, FL

Comment

Here are my Skyscrapers. Almost there. Next job assembly. I went with three from the pattern, Big Ben, Eiffel Tower and the Sydney Tower. I needed another tower from the Southern Hemisphere so the fourth is the Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. All towers have some meaning.
          Queensland Australia

Comment

I have done the first corner, now I need a sit down and rest before the next one!

Comment

The end is near!
              Attached Files

Comment

My skyscrapers mostly reflect family locations. Sanibel Lighthouse, Redwood Tree, Seattle Space Needle and the Washington Monument. Would love to replace the Washington Monument with the Statue of Liberty but I'm a newbie and that seems to be above my skill level. I love being able to personalize this fabulous pattern. The small houses in the city represent our daughter's houses, out house and a family house on Sanibel Island FL.
                Ann

Comment

Barbara, I thoroughly commend you for all your videos and hard work during this year. I am disappointed that the very last month with the hardest blocks, there is no video. I’m holding my breath!

Comment

Originally posted by sharongail View Post
                    Barbara, I thoroughly commend you for all your videos and hard work during this year. I am disappointed that the very last month with the hardest blocks, there is no video. I’m holding my breath!
                    The two LIVE broadcasts are the videos available for the end of this project. And my blogs, 3 in November, provide a lot of information.
                    Barbara Black
                    Huntsville AL
                    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

4 Skyscrapers done - Building construction is complete! Now to put it all together. My buildings are the Hancock Building in Chicago, Big Ben, Eiffel Tower and Seattle Space Needle.
                      ~Nancy

Comment

• Robin H. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Would you be interested in sharing your John Hancock building & Seattle Space Needle Pattern?

One more corner to go, I am going to attempt one World Trade Center for my last corner
                      Susan Skeel
                      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Ann W. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Love your Statue of Liberty. Would you be willing to sell your pattern? Thanks so much.

Here are my skyscrapers. The Seattle Space Needle and the Atkinson Point Lighthouse are my creations.
                      Maureen Wood

Comment

so where can we find the videos for block 11 and 12?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1920 users online. 888 members and 1032 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 06:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,882   Posts: 149,608   Members: 19917   Active Members: 3,555  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                        X