Collapse

Our Sponsors

MONTH 11 — THE SKYSCRAPERS Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a problem when assembling my tall buildings. The skyscrapers were all too short, each by more than an inch! I went back and checked against the freezer paper, and everything matched up. I tried making the seam allowances smaller, but still couldn't gain enough height. I had absolutely no problems with width, and the outer circle went on to the inner part of the quilt with no issues. I considered just cutting the rest of the tall buildings down to match the skyscrapers, but I didn't have an inch and a half of play in the other buildings. So I built up the sky with two inch strips, sewing them onto either side of the top, then following the side seam up further. I just thought I'd share in case someone else had that problem. Here's the top of my Eiffel Tower before, showing nearly an inch in height needed, and the back side of it after I added the extra sky.
    Ellen Lindow
    Plant City, FL

Comment

Hi. I am struggling with Center Point Tower. Are we supposed to tape together pieces #3, #4 and # 5 before we sew the fabrics on? The pieces do not fit. In Your video they were all together. Hope this makes sense. Thanks, Marie

Comment

Originally posted by msunds21 View Post
        Hi. I am struggling with Center Point Tower. Are we supposed to tape together pieces #3, #4 and # 5 before we sew the fabrics on? The pieces do not fit. In Your video they were all together. Hope this makes sense. Thanks, Marie
        No, 3 and 4 are made separately, then sewn together. Sections 5 are added to either side of 3/4. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the pattern to join all the parts. The video shows how the various parts go together.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• msunds21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

I am trying to locate the approximate measurements for skyscrapers.I thought I saw it somewhere. Ha, 3 of mine are same size.my eifffel tower appears longer..

Comment

Originally posted by sharongail View Post
          I am trying to locate the approximate measurements for skyscrapers.I thought I saw it somewhere. Ha, 3 of mine are same size.my eifffel tower appears longer..
          Here is the blog about the skyscrapers:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...r-designs.html
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

I am having a little problem with my world block. I am trying to find the video for constructing the block . Not sure if my side are right. They don't seem to match. This is the first block I had any issue with. Thanks Caroline.

Comment

Originally posted by ohiotall View Post
              I am having a little problem with my world block. I am trying to find the video for constructing the block . Not sure if my side are right. They don't seem to match. This is the first block I had any issue with. Thanks Caroline.
              The Videos for Months 11 and 12 are in the Facebook LIVE section. LEARN, BOM 2021, the very first link shows all the LIVES done for Color My World. Month 11 shows One World--the lines on the 3 sections are not intended to line up.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

• Melanie A. commented
                Editing a comment
                I have posted a couple of times asking for help with making the Statue of Liberty for one of my corners. Unfortunately, I have had no responses. Do you have any suggestions about how I might make a pattern for this?
                Thank you

Originally posted by casciamom View Post
              I have posted a couple of times asking for help with making the Statue of Liberty for one of my corners. Unfortunately, I have had no responses. Do you have any suggestions about how I might make a pattern for this?
              Thank you
              Someone used an image they found online and printed the Statue of Liberty directly on fabric. You have to manipulate the image to be sure it would be the size you need.

Or Google for images of the Statue and use that to draw a pattern you can piece or appliqué.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

I'm having trouble sewing the binding strips on to my fabric for the Eiffel Tower. I think the problem is that all the crossing strips add a lot of thickness. Did anyone else struggle with this? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comment

I'm having trouble sewing the bias on the Eiffel Tower. All the overlapping of the bias is making it really thick. Did anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Comment

Centrepoint Tower and bias tape. Followed pattern centering bias tape on guidelines. Oops! Structure represented by bias supports background not building. Note that the picture on the first page of the PDF does NOT match the pattern.
                    If someone knows how to remove heat set bias from fabric, please let me know. Otherwise I need to make a new “bottom” for Centrepoint Tower.
                    Pictures show: printed pattern (parts of seam allowance showing); my unpressed seam connecting the two pieces; detail of picture on the PDF.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1991 users online. 917 members and 1074 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 06:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,882   Posts: 149,608   Members: 19917   Active Members: 3,555  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                    X