Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Choosing colors for the mariner's compass
    I've just gotten started on this project and have finished the first set of small buildings from stash, primarily Alison...
  • small building 2
    The background on small building 2 is going the opposite direction from small building 1. Did I do something incorrectly...
  • Foot is sticking to freezer paper
    I am using the #10C foot (Bernina) and it has started sticking to the freezer paper and causing my fabric to pucker. Are...
  • Tall buildings--show your progress here
    Please use THIS TOPIC to show off your Tall Buildings as you get them made

There is another Topic for ASKING...
  • MONTH 6--TALL BUILDING #1--Ask Questions Here
    A day early--get your Tall Buildings #1 pattern! Be sure to watch the VIDEO as well as reading the directions.
  • Photos Fixed, Fingers Crossed
    The web folks have been working to fix the photos. Let’s see if you can see all 3 of these photos, as large as you like....
  • Color My World Block 1, LATE!
    Late to the party and new to the site! I saw someone's CMW post on FB, and it inspired me to join TQS to begin this project....
  • Inset circles: The upper road and the center circle.
    I feel the frustration a few of the TQS quilters are having with the roads. I googled tips for inserting circles and found...
  • Round 5
    I finished and assembled round 5 today. Here it is. I will have to quilt heavily to make it flat. My road line makers were...
  • Out of Round
    This may have been asked before, but my small houses do not lie flat. How do I figure out if the problem is the top of...
  • Sharing our ideas...
    It is always so fun so see all the different ways that quilters go about making the quilts personal to them.
    I was...
  • Washed fabric out of alignment.
    When I washed my fabric, some of the smaller pieces were out of "alignment" by about 3 inches to the right and...
  • Trimming solid pieces for roadway
    I understand that you use the road template to trim up the pieced,black and white unit but what about the solid one? Do...
  • Bom 2021 1-5
    Greetings from Switzerland
  • My Small House Ring is 3d :(
    I sewed all the small houses together with what I thought were very accurate seam allowances! My ring is more like a squished...
  • Very confusing as to where to Post each mth
    Hi Barb, I posted my completed Mth 1-5 under what was titled "Official Month 5" Now that doesn't exist anymore....
  • My alternative way to attach the roads
    I am piecing the each piece of road to 2 houses, then sewing them together to get 4 houses. So they are pie shaped. The...
  • BOM wrinkled fabric
    Washed my fabric and it is now a wrinkled mess. I have tried using steam, wetting and Easy Press. Wrinkles are so bad it...
  • No more items.

Our Sponsors

Your Center—Post Your Photos Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Center—Post Your Photos Here

Please use this topic to show your complete center circle with both Inner and Upper Roads. Do not start a new topic. Thanks!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I just finished my mariners compass and the inner road. I am working from the inside out, circle by circle. I want this quilt to be a coulor wheel of the world, so I do every quarter section individual. On the photo you can see, that I have only sewn the mariners compas together partially. That was easier to add the inner road quarters.

Comment

I did it ! And it lies flat ! Yeah !

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Brigitte, It looks beautiful Great job. HelenW

I was a coward, I made the roads with classic foundation paper piecing. It is quilt flat and my road painter was a little boozy while working

Comment

• Jackie M. commented
        Editing a comment
        Whatever gets the job done. LOL

Hi All, I did mine a little differently. I hadn't sewn my house pairs into a ring yet, so I was able to sew the upper road (grassy path, in my case) pieces to the top of a pair, then sew two pairs together, then sew the lower road piece onto that. I connected all of those into a big ring, then I only had to sew the mariner's compass center in. I found that much easier. Now I can go back to embellishing my trees.

Comment

My center circle is done, and I'm relieved that it all came together without a hitch. Barbara was right -- it paid off to take my time and use LOTS of pins.

Comment

I have finished the May roads and piecing the circles together. The last one was the hardest. I wanted to keep the road on top to sew it and pinned it carefully, easing it in as I worked. I stay stitched around the bottom of the houses and that helped. It measures 43" vertical and horizontal. I am using Kona solids except for the backgrounds. I love the pattern. Thank you.

Comment

• Terri S. commented
            Editing a comment
            Karen,
            Great Mariners Compass! I like your night sky, too.

• Pat commented
            Editing a comment
            Love your night sky and lit up windows!

• Jackie M. commented
            Editing a comment
            I love your background and center compass!!!

My center houses and roads - I am really enjoying this process.

Comment

I am so pleased to see these centers start to appear. They are looking great! I can still remember my sense of relief when my center was complete and flat.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

Very frustrated that I have not been able to register likes on comments and pictures and make comments. I have turned in a problem ticket but I still can't use the forum for many of the functions. Birgit F, I was able to click on your square with a ? and see the little thumbnail in the upper left corner, and after clicking on it, the picture showed up full screen. Love the way you used different colors for the white lines in the road. Amy E, your idea of putting the road sections on the pairs of houses is brilliant.
              I think that would be the way I would have designed it If were designing a similar pattern. All the centers posted so far are beautiful and those having problems just need to be be will to try try again. Hopefully the website will become a little more user friendly as they wack the moles causing the problems. HelenW

Comment

• baerbel.sch commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Helen, if you click the user profile you see the posts and than you can make your comments and likes. It is a little circuitous but works

• Terri S. commented
                Editing a comment
                Helen,
                I am less than enamored with the new forum, Hoping it's "operator error" on my end. I just got a new MacBook, which helped some, but now thinking I need new iPhone (current 6S is an antique according to my 12 year old granddaughter), and if I am still having issues, I will replace in-home router. All in all, I love seeing the shared creativity -- when I can see it, and "Like" when the buttons function. That said, I appreciate your ideas and willingness to share ideas and your work. Thank you!

• Julie Y. commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Helen
                Yes mine was doing that same thing. I had no buttons to do anything. So I logged out and logged back in and all was fine. Good luck

Here is the centre of my quilt. Looking forward to starting the tall buildings next month.

Comment

• fpevle commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful! Love the bright sunny day in your town.

• Lynn K. commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful color choices !

• Terri S. commented
                Editing a comment
                What a "sunny" and happy quilt. Nice!!

Everyones Roads with Houses look beautiful. You all did such a good job. I'm working on attaching my inner road.

Comment

Originally posted by kbelgie View Post
                My center circle is done, and I'm relieved that it all came together without a hitch. Barbara was right -- it paid off to take my time and use LOTS of pins.
                Thanks for this comment. Most of us don't make quilts this challenging, most of the time. So, it helps to take a deep breath, slow down, and just do one little step after another. Next month will seem like a breeze after this month.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

This reply by CJaneAgar has been deleted by CJaneAgar

I have roads Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210505_130616083~2.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	984.4 KB
ID:	884392 Click image for larger version

ID:	884393 Click image for larger version

ID:	884394 Click image for larger version

ID:	884395

Came together perfectly! Took my time and used lots of pins. Videos and tips were greatly appreciated. Helps to work on this in the daylight too...lol...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1229 users online. 233 members and 996 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 05:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,734   Posts: 145,684   Members: 17339   Active Members: 2,409  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tall buildings--show your progress here
                    Hi everyone, sew fun seeing everyone’s progress on the first tall bldgs. I struggled a lot on choosing the background...
                  • Spinning Spools--ASK QUESTIONS HERE
                    LLT, I have done preassembled flowers the way you are describing many times and it works great. I lay a piece of tear away...
                    Leeanna, Sounds like a good plan to me. If you like the look of the overlap of leaves and flowers onto the quilt top, you...
                    Julie, I think that would make for a darling wall hanging for your sewing area. Instead of the vines, maybe you could do...
                    I am thinking about using sewing notions for the applique shapes on the Spinning Spools quilt rather than flowers-I am a...
                    I am thinking of machine appliqué the vines down first then adding the flowers and leaves and applique them down next....
                  • Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE
                    I finally got all my flowers, leaves, and dots done! I had never done finished edge applique, and decided this was the time!!...
                  • Introductions
                    I’m going to jump off the cliff and test the “Blog” feature of the Forum. I have been a member of The Quilt Show from...
                  • Sandy's Quilting Journal
                    Sandy’s Quilting Journal is about how I started quilting, what I’m working on now and what I want to accomplish in the future.
                    Can the flowers be "preassembled" prior to placing them on to the vine? Maybe by stitching the Little Petal to...
                    Geez. I don't know what I was counting when I posted this tally, but if the doubling of the petals big+ a little is done...
                    SueGee, Your got it right. It looks great with just the multicolored narrow border and an outside border that is not wide...
                    So after many starts and rejects, I finally decided on a border. Applique just did not look right with the neck ties. ...
                  • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                  X