No announcement yet.

Our Sponsors

Ring of small houses—show yours here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching my ring and trees. The trees do add so much, I feel, to unify the circle. Everyone's work is just beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by qwilltr View Post
    I finished my small houses circle but I feel like it's too big. It feels very too large on the inside edge. I have been quilting a long time and did this as carefully as possible. Is it just me? How will this lay flat? Right now I feel as though it needs 3 large tucks to lay flat. My seams are pressed open. They are 1/4", the entire center is a17.5".
    your measurement is right on target. The Mariners Compass is 14” finished, the Roads are 2” finished, they will fill the center space.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by BonitaBlanchard View Post
      Hello ladies and gentlemen! I'm wondering if you sew the circle of houses together before you add the trees???
      Month 3 tells you to join the Small Houses into pairs and that those pairs will become a full circle “AFTER THE TREES ARE ADDED” . This is also shown and discussed in both Month 4 videos and the Month 4 Blog.

Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

Sharing my circle of houses (and trees) thus far. I'm finishing up on the four trees that are in the NSEW positions. Rather than using wool felt as I have done with my other trees and houses, I've decided to totally embroider these special trees. Spring tree is an ode to the flowering crab apple tree that stood in the front yard of the house I grew up in (gray house #9). I'm currently working on the summer tree, doing single chain stitches for the leaves.
        Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

• michele commented
          Editing a comment
          Carole B... just amazing.. Love this!

• jptousley commented
          Editing a comment
          Fantastic!

I am still waiting for my tree trunks to arrive, but I am LOVING this project and seeing everyone's individuality in the process.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	884127
          Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
          Sharing my circle of houses (and trees) thus far. I'm finishing up on the four trees that are in the NSEW positions. Rather than using wool felt as I have done with my other trees and houses, I've decided to totally embroider these special trees. Spring tree is an ode to the flowering crab apple tree that stood in the front yard of the house I grew up in (gray house #9). I'm currently working on the summer tree, doing single chain stitches for the leaves.
          Beautiful Work Carole B... Sometimes I get a little frustrated with this new forum. I can't click on your pictures and make them
          bigger. I love looking at your exquisite detail. Can't see the crab apples. Maybe tomorrow the enlargement feature will work
          again. Right now I took time out to work on my Hook, Line and Sinker quilt. If you are familiar with Crabapple Hill website
          the pattern is there. One of my friends is doing it in hand embroidery, the way it was designed, I am making the pattern into
          applique and changing some of the block to represent we I live. HelenW
          Last edited by Helen W.; 04-20-2021, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Carole B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Helen! I know what you mean about the site. It's been rather wonky over the past week or so. I put in one ticket and will submit others. On my iphone, I can't get to your comment, but can on my laptop. That is an adorable quilt!

• Lynnanne commented
            Editing a comment
            Helen, your quilt is going to be great! Thanks for showing it....it looks like fun

Comment

I think I posted this in the wrong spot. Unfortunately, i am having a terrible time navigating the new website.

Comment

I have completed all the housed. I used two colours for housed 1 and two. Then I realized that I could use more colours for houses three and four. Will that make a difference when I join them or should I mix them up a little and join 2 to 4 and 1 to 3. Ron

Comment

My trees are finished. I decided to make my own fusible bias tape from a dark brown fabric for the tree trunks.

Comment

Originally posted by NitafromNY View Post
                  I think I posted this in the wrong spot. Unfortunately, i am having a terrible time navigating the new website.
                  This is exactly the right spot to post your ring of small houses! What are your questions about the new Forum?
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                    I have completed all the housed. I used two colours for housed 1 and two. Then I realized that I could use more colours for houses three and four. Will that make a difference when I join them or should I mix them up a little and join 2 to 4 and 1 to 3. Ron
                    Arrange your houses in any way that pleases you. Most are using LOTS of colors.

Barbara Black
                    Huntsville AL

Comment

My inner edge is a little wonky. I think I will wait to see how the roads fit and then adjust it a bit. Outer edge perfect.

Comment

I tried (to no avail) to post a picture of my ring of houses with treetops. I am trying again and keeping fingers crossed that I have figured out how to post photos on new website.

Comment

So much fun making these houses, I have used all fabrics from my stash. Ive added a couple of chimneys. Loving seeing how creative everyone is with their projects.

Comment

• What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 138 users online. 11 members and 127 guests.

Most users ever online was 778 at 06:40 AM on 04-16-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,700   Posts: 145,235   Members: 16838   Active Members: 4,480  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                            X