X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    This topic by Bbmom1989 has been deleted by Bbmom1989
    I think others will post information so I understand it more clearly

Month 4. Trees

I have just started this process and have my 2 houses sewn together and have followed the template to place the iron-on bias tape. When I place the template there is a 1/2” + beyond the template. I know 1/4” is for the seam but wonder it the sky should be cut down. When I lay the leaves up there is either a gap between the branches and leaves or the top of the leaves and the top of the sky. Can you provide some guidance so I do not mess it up for the rest of the quilt Thank you so much for your teaching!

Originally posted by Bbmom1989 View Post
    I have just started this process and have my 2 houses sewn together and have followed the template to place the iron-on bias tape. When I place the template there is a 1/2” + beyond the template. I know 1/4” is for the seam but wonder it the sky should be cut down. When I lay the leaves up there is either a gap between the branches and leaves or the top of the leaves and the top of the sky. Can you provide some guidance so I do not mess it up for the rest of the quilt Thank you so much for your teaching!
    it appears the Layout Guide doesn’t include the seam allowances. The houses should be about 11” tall. I am sorry I don’t understand the rest of your question—can you post a photo?

BARBARA BLACK
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 114 users online. 3 members and 111 guests.

Most users ever online was 459 at 10:22 PM on 04-13-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,670   Posts: 145,038   Members: 16757   Active Members: 6,767  
      Welcome to our newest member, Jean Gillette-jirishg.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
      X