Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Mariners Compass

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "missellie54" post=153935
    Wow, that looks amazing with all the colors and tree.
    Missellie54 Do you have any interests or things you would like to have in the center. Like wildlife, a bird, a boat, etc? HelenW

Comment

Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! And what a great idea to use cut outs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by "heidimunk" post=153953
        Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! And what a great idea to use cut outs as well.
        Heidimunk, If you like cut outs, you might like this tip I learned a long time ago and totally forgot about. You can take a piece of your fabric and lay it on the printer bed and make a color copy of your fabric and it looks just like the real thing. Then you can cut it the shape you audition for. Lets say the points on the mariner compass, and see what it would
        look like without cutting into your real fabric. Great way for people to audition background fabrics behind houses etc. HelenW

Comment

I'm a wee bit confused. I'm downloading patterns by the month. But where do I download all the patterns before we change websites. Some are working on the Mariner's Compass but I haven't been able to find it or ALL of the downloads

Comment

Originally posted by "BleuRose" post=154016
            I'm a wee bit confused. I'm downloading patterns by the month. But where do I download all the patterns before we change websites. Some are working on the Mariner's Compass but I haven't been able to find it or ALL of the downloads
            No one has the Mariner's compass pattern yet. The one you see here is a small one the person is playing with for color ideas--it is NOT the Month 2 pattern.

Good news--I was just told the Month 2 Mariner's Compass will be released this coming week so everyone can have it before the website goes into transition. I will announce it again when the date is set.

My blog for the Mariner's Compass will also be released early, the same day as the pattern, and I prepared a detailed 14 minute video with all the important steps to the Mariner's Compass. It will be in the Instructional Videos the same day the pattern is released.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=154018

Good news--I was just told the Month 2 Mariner's Compass will be released this coming week so everyone can have it before the website goes into transition. I will announce it again when the date is set.
              Yippee! Doing a happy dance!
              Carole Berry

Comment

Dear Barbara,

I just saw that the template for the Mariners compass as well as the video is already available at the BOM Page !1 (25. January, 17:00 German time)
                So I downloaded and watched your video, thank you so much! I am really looking forward to sewing it! I will go for a rainbow color approach.

BUT, as the quilt will be quite big and I plan to quilt it on my Elna I had thought to follow Georgia Bonesteels advice and to create 4 quadrants (like in lap-quilting) and join them after quilting. If I break the whole quilt into 4 pieces I guess I should be able to manage it on my home machine when it comes to quilting.
                Do you think that is feasible, or would you suggest to let go of that idea? (I am not afraid of covering the inner spot with a nice cute round "cover-up" to hide a mismachted point, I do this for fun and as best as I can)
                (And please all of you excuse language mistakes, I try my best with English)
                Liebe Grüße, Katja

Comment

Help i can't find the video on the blog! I found the directions on the quilt show site but i can't find the video

Comment

Katja. the quilt does not fall into quadrants--there are Little Houses in the City at N, S, E and W. The Inner and Outer Roads do not fall at exact place on the Mariner's compass and Small Houses ring. So, this is not a good project for dividing into pieces for quilting.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    North Alabama, USA
                    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "missellie54" post=153911
                      Anyone planning something different in the middle instead of mariners compass? Looking for ideas. Thinking tree might be nice or flying geese in a circle.

Thanks
                      I plan on jazzing up my compass in keeping with my scrappy approach to the houses and buildings. I recently finished piecing Enchanting Stars (it’s my forum profile picture), so I’m thinking of modifying the compass to use the color arrangement of the largest star in that quilt. But, It will still be an 8 point compass, just more colorful.
                      Beth Bell Lavoie

Comment

Okay, well understood. Thank you for the clarifications. Quilting will be a challenge.

Comment

It's a bit old fashioned but I think I will do a Dresden plate.

Comment

Re Printing the PDF Block 2 Mariners Compass - When I printed the template, The bottom right size of Template 1 did not print completely on my 8.5 x 11 paper so I added a little extra length of 1/2 inch to my freezer paper to make it longer (which I am cutting from the large tear-away roll). The same problem occurred again when I printed even though the paper was long enough. In order to correct the error, I edited my Canon Printer Paper Size Settings to select Paper Size A4. The full template printed using this method on my printer -
                            1. Cutting the Freezer Longer and
                            2. Selecting A4 Paper Size in the Print Box. Hope this helps!

Comment

I just finished my center block and will have to return to my other projects. I appreciate the early upload in view

of the changes coming to the web site.

Comment

i don’t know why you can’t put the size of the mariners compass here, so we can all know for sure. I searched your blog and I believe it’s 14 inches round.. So the compass i sewed is in the trash, as it measured 13 inches. Now I need to figure out what I did wrong before I decide of i will continue this project and redo the compass. I have a laser jet printer and printing on the freezer paper with the hints I read here did not work well for the first set of houses. Then for the 2nd set I decided to do the old style and printed on my paper piecing foundation paper. My square measured an inch. For the mariners compass I also did foundation paper piecing. Any suggestions, I’m totally frustrated with this project.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2356 users online. 184 members and 2172 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X