Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "AnnieLu" post=133210
    When sending me your info please put Row Robin in subject line and use my yahoo email.
    We are about to start a Row by Row Robin. We will be sending a single row out each month, not adding to an existing group of rows. This will save on postage and customs issues.

Very few rules and guidelines.

Rows are to be 6 1/2" by 36 1/2". These will finish at 6" by 36". A nice size that can have borders added if someone wants their finished quilt to be larger. These are to reflect the recipients requests AND the makers personality. We will each mail our blocks out by the end of the month they are for. If they go sooner, we'll get more eye candy throughout the month!!
    If time issues arise, send a strip of fabric rather than drop out, please
    After I have rec'd everyone's physical address, theme, color preferences, etc, I will send each participant their individual list of whom they are sewing for on each specific month.

And this goes without saying, but I think it should be stated:
    If you get behind, just let us know.
    And if life gets too complicated for you to continue, let me know as quickly as you can. I know no one joins this to stop midway thru, but I'm aware that 'life issues' can change our available time.

The next step is to decide on your theme, colors, techniques, type of blocks you like, or anything else you want to share.
    Make a list of these. Send it to me, along with your physical address, to my private email, NOT the msg area on this site. I have to be able to cut and paste from it and my iPad doesn't interface here.

Send that info to
    [email protected]

Thanks,
    Luann

Rosemary- leaves, not all maple! PLEASE see her posts # 133355 and 133406, to be aware of what she might be up to!! I like the idea,,
    Geneva- Flavor of You, batiks preferred, 6" or less by 36"
    Lotti- The World Is Bright & Beautiful, enjoy yourself, have fun
    Terrie- Home Is Where The Heart Is, COMMENT about blue taken out per Terrie's request.
    Luann- my favorite color is 'Rainbow' at least that's what my best friend says,,, Show Me You! Vertical Or horizontal, if making the strip out of blocks, you can send them without joining them, I would be able to use them in the finished design process for corners, etc
    Cathy- bright, cheerful, perhaps symbolic to your area of the world, she's easy to please
    Andrée- At the Beach, any cheerful colors, please no obviously black backgrounds
    Wendy- Flavour of You, would enjoy it to reflect something you've shared with the group, Chinese Whisperer inspired?
    Jennifer- trees, or a part there of, or a critter in the tree, be inspired. Not a big fan of civil war or 1920s fabrics
    Heather- beach/ocean colors, any style block or row
    Brenda- sun, sand, saltwater
    Kathy- flavor of you
    Barb- flavor of you

And,,,,I will need further info from the following if you decide to join in.
    Idaho ?
    Lois?
    Dawn?

That's where we stand at present
    Please check over the information above and let me know if anything is incorrect. Otherwise, I'm figuring we are good-to-go, except to be adding others that may want to join in.

And now to do the laundry and pack my bags for vacation.
    May The Holy Spirit keep all of you close to God's plan for your life,
    Luann
    Geneva

Comment

I'd like different widths of rows, 6 1/2, 4 1/2, 3 1/2, 2 1/2... whatever works for whatever blocks or design everyone wants to make. All rows should be 36 1/2" in length.

Thanks! I'm so excited!

geneva
      Geneva

Comment

I'm agree with Geneva. I'd like rows of various widths.

It's hard for me to say what 'colours, but I like spring colours, clear colours, warm colours, happy colours and serene, elegant and classic colours. I also like folkartsy stuff. I also love batiks. How do you put that into a word or two? Something that reflects the warms of a hearth and home?.

PS: "I'm agree" is a phrase frequently used by my students when learning English - They mean " I agree" I love it! (but I don't tell them that!)
        Geneva

Comment

You don't want much then Terrie :dry: :S :side: :silly:

Different width rows sounds great

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I really don't want much, Wendy, just don't know how to say it, or how to say what I don't want. It's vocabulary I lack.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I'll happily accept any width as well. I will not be disappointed if they are smaller or larger than 6 inches as long as you are happy with it too!

Comment

You guys are awesome! It looks like most everyone just wants to swap with the others. That's a great attitude to have.
                I will post one more info on the retreat thread, and then I may be silent for several days. Know that I'm anxious to get started, but not keen on going into winter months any too fast.
                I've been busy, as you'll see on the retreat thread,
                May The Holy Spirit keep every one of you close to God's plan for your life,
                Luann

Comment

I've been reading all of the comments about the different widths (keeping the length at 36") and totally agree! I have also been on Pinterest and looked at all of the row quilts there. I like the variety of widths, and the fact that some quilts mix vertical and horizontal rows. I think they hold more interest. And, I was super glad to see Luann address the "life happens" issues. (Right, Marilyn?) My "life happens" scenarios would probably be when I am up against a deadline, like working on my Hoffman Challenge. Rather than send just a strip of fabric (thanks for that Lotti) I'd rather send something more personal, maybe a month or two late. Is that objectionable to anyone? And, I wouldn't mind getting someone's row a month or two late! After all, we probably won't be sewing these together for at least a year or more, after collected everyone's rows. If this is all cool with everyone, then count me in! Right now, I'm kind of thinking of a winter theme. I love snowmen, snowflakes, ice crystals, ice skates, pine trees, mountains, etc. Or, what winter means to you in your country. I'll send an email to Luann in a couple of days. I hope she is having a wonderful vacation! Like someone said, she does more in a week than I do in a year!

Dawn

Comment

I love your theme, Dawn. I think I can begin right now.

I think by knowing what people's theme's are way ahead of time, we can get ideas, and IF time and LIFE permit, we can even begin their rows now. That way, (maybe) we can send out 4-3 or 4 rows January 2nd! :silly:

oh-oh, I hope Luann doesn't find us to have been naughty when she gets back. :unsure:

Comment

Originally posted by "crocus999" post=133690
                      I love your theme, Dawn. I think I can begin right now.

I think by knowing what people's theme's are way ahead of time, we can get ideas, and IF time and LIFE permit, we can even begin their rows now. That way, (maybe) we can send out 4-3 or 4 rows January 2nd! :silly:

oh-oh, I hope Luann doesn't find us to have been naughty when she gets back. :unsure:
                      Terrie,
                      I sure can't think you're naughty. I'm already planning what I will be sewing for some of you, as soon as I get home!!
                      Luann

Comment

I'm having a blast with the family!

Please remember to send information to my yahoo email address. That's the place where I can get the info from in a reasonable manner. When I get back I'll update things, adding names and themes. I'm going to get a preliminary schedule together and will send it out shortly after. Things can always change but I think we'd all like to have an idea of what person we are sewing for each month.

Here's what I've been busy doing while away

I'll check in again in a few days
                        Luann

Comment

Dawn - I think that sounds just fine! I won't mind if my row comes a little later than expected since I won't even attempt to put things together until I get all of the rows!
                          Terrie - I'm with you...I think I'm going to get started as soon as inspiration strikes and I have free time - that way I might be ahead of the game for once!

~ Jen

Comment

LUANN!! You're supposed to be on holidays and I never thought you'd be lurking while you were gone!!

PS - I'm sending you an (OTHER) update on my theme
                            Yes, I am silly! :silly:

Comment

Late would not bother me at all!

Comment

Nor me either. Sometimes life happens to disrupt our plans.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2358 users online. 310 members and 2048 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25590   Active Members: 1,295  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X