Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lois--The critters are not my own design--I don't have those drawing skills unless I am looking at a picture. I went online and searched for coloring book animals. Searched and saved the ones I thought would be easy enough to quilt--the lizard was the first that I found. Then I had to convert them to a size that would fit inside the sized blocks I had. Then it was just a matter of printing them on vellum and sewing them on to the quilts. There are twelve animals on each quilt.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by "AnnieLu" post=131415
      Posy P,
      I have some hand dyed fabric with your name on it!!
      Thanks for your comments on my blog
      Www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com
      Please send your proper name and mailing address
      [email protected]
      And, if you view the posts that followed the first giveaway post, you can let me know if you have a fabric preference. I'll see if I still have some of it available.

Looking forward to sending you a package
      Luann
      Wow I wasn't expecting to win hmy: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Comment

Rosemary, congrats on winning some lovely hand dyed fabric.

Beautiful quilts as usual, Ritzy. I love all of the critters.

Lotti, your photos are amazing!

My DBIL's quilt is pieced. It finished at about 78" x 94". No borders, just fussy cut wildlife alternating with scrappy hourglass blocks, mostly a stash quilt. I purchased a light fabric and the backing. The main fabrics were from an estate sale a few years ago. I didn't make much of a dent in my stash. There's enough of these fabrics left to make another quilt!

And I found a few fabrics so far for the king size quilt. Will have to shop out of town for the rest.

For now I'm packing most of the rest of my quilting stuff and moving it to my country home. I'm hoping to start packing the bookkeeping stuff next week. It's time to get moved after living in 2 homes for 2 years. There's no guarantee that some of the stuff might boomerang back and forth for awhile as our house isn't on the market yet, but I'm hoping to spend most of my time in the country soon. And I have a lot of shopping to do for the retreat center so won't be doing much sewing when I'm in town. There's always night time though so will keep a couple projects handy.

Comment

Congratulations. Rosemary
          So good Luann

Annis, your DBIL will love his quilt!
          And I love that fabric - will be great!

Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Lotti, thanks for the reminder about that youtube tutorial on wrist exercises. I had forgotten about it. I just hope the other one doesn't make anybody too trigger happy! hmy: More beautiful quilts from everybody. Margarita, so glad you are getting better. Now will you please get on with that Dear Jane quilt, I have been very patiently waiting for you to finish it so that I can see it! :lol: I spent the afternoon with a friend working on catching up with the TQS BOM - didn't quite catch up but got some of the last couple of months' work done. I have such a craving for chocolate after reading the last two pages of this thread but there's none in the house and all the shops are closed here now. Pass me a few M&Ms Geneva will you please? I prefer the peanut ones!

Comment

Rita, you are not the only one that wants my Dear Jane finished, I still have to wait a while to get back to it, since it is heavy to move around. I do not think that anybody wants me to finish it as much as I wish it was done.

Margarita

Comment

Good for you Rosemary!
                I haven't been doing much sewing but I am trying to get a couple matching sun suits made for the two grands to wear on vacation. In the meantime I'll just sit here at the retreat and do my wrist exercises.
                Rita and Geneva you might want to sit by me as you may remember I am the self proclaimed M and M Grandma! I always have a bowl full here.
                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Karen, Your post made me remember all the fun blogs you wrote about your wonderful family vacations. And now there would be babies in matching sunsuits if only we had blogs. I think a Vertural Retreat is the perfect place for a Grandma to show off her beautiful family in matching attire and babies in sunsuits. Have a wonderful time.

Comment

Hurray - We've made it to Bend, OR. Off to Sisters tomorrow to take a look around then back to Sisters on Saturday to see the show.
                    Barb :-)

Comment

Oh that will be so much fun Barb! I can't wait to hear all about Sisters.

Comment

I'm sitting here..... excuse me, let me swallow this mouth full of m&ms, (here Rita, let me pass you the peanut m&ms. Thanks to Karen we have plenty.)

Now where was I? Oh yes.I was telling my sweetie about all my wonderful friends around the world. You guys are awesome. You make me laugh and say "oooh" and try to reach out to give you a hug. Thanks.

Rosemary my package is in the mail. Let's hope the postal clerk at the west Richland post office typed everything in correctly. I'm not sure she knew there was an England. hmy:

Ritzy, love the quilts. They look wonderful. I bet you are getting excited. Your grandson looks like you, handsome devil.

Margarita just do a little a day.

Lotti, you brighten up our retreat with your beautiful pictures. Thanks.

Annis. Your quilt is very nice. Hope your transfer of belongings goes smoothly.

I got the binding done on the art quilt. I'm bored of it now, so will be glad to get it done.

We are going to visit friends this weekend over on the cool side of Washington. I understand wineries and quilt stores are on the agenda. Oh ya!

Barb, I will wave as you drive by!
                        Take care everyone. Geneva
                        Geneva

Comment

Barb I'm so jealous!

Comment

Lotti, what a happy, happy quilt for your cousin's baby girl - a proper I-Spy-Quilt. Breakfast in the hills sounds divine but look out for lightning - 2 people were sadly killed last week-end in the local mountains here when a sudden thunder storm came up! Horrible

Artmomma - I dithered for a long time before deciding to join Pinterest but am so glad I did. It's amazing when you need a jump start
                            Dorothy; just making all the blocks is a huge achievement in my book. Congratulations!

Ritzy! what a gorgeous Critter quilt - that must have been such fun to make. Never made a child's quilt, never thought I wanted to but this one and Lotti's makes me wonder if I should give it a go. I think I should adopt the hippo and use it as my avatar :lol: or maybe the pink elephant????????

Rosemary - don't worry about the cowl neck alterations - I'll go duckduck'ing and see what I come across or go into the attic and dig out my pattern drafting book. Couldn't find it when I read your post so it must be up there. If you don't here from me next week send a rescue team!

Annis - good luck with the move. It is hard to yo-yo between two homes (tried that several times) so I hope you'll now get to spend your time in the country and your town house will sell as soon as you put it on the market. Great quilt btw

Lois et al - what happened to the blogs from the old site - did they end in a black hole or are they so well hidden that a newbie can't find them?

Barb - Wendy is not the only one who is envious!!!!!! :whistle:

Update for end of week - messed up my back-up Husqvarna machine (skipping stitches - again after an expensive repair in late spring when a part was replaced :sick: ) but got the Bernina sewing again after running a silk buttonhole thread through the upper tension several times (always downwards!) and it seem to have sorted it for now the so will continue my quil-ket on that. A funny observation - I use the triple zig-zag stitch and used exactly the same setting for the stitch on the Bernina as I had on the Husqvarna but had to adjust as 5mm was obviously not the same in Switzerland in 2006 as it was in Sweden in 1994 and the length had to be adjusted too in order for the stitches look the same. Now back to quilting the machine cover.
                            Marianne

Comment

Marianne, the report was that the blogs were not lost but needed work to bring them over to the new place. I was assured that if that doesn't happen we would be given a chance to get all our old blogs back. It was so nice to follow people on their blogs and learn about their lives and places they live.

Comment

We're the blogs that you speak of actually links to a person's blog, or were they 'The Quilt Show' based? I never got that far before so I am in the dark on it. I'm hoping that it was some sort of "linky" thing because right now one blog to keep up with is crazy ,,,,
                                Why? Because I just ordered my longarm machine. Decided on one of my two top choices. It was service availability, and computer software that helped make the final decision. I should be the proud mama within 7-10 business days! Excitement is running high in this house. Even my DH is onboard and looking forward to the computer. That part I'm a bit hesitant about. Hope he doesn't think I will share very often!! LOL
                                LUANN

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2204 users online. 280 members and 1924 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X