Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    I don't need to start any more projects but I am loving this rooster. I need to retire.
  • antique map wall hanging
    I have no idea about what type of binding is acceptable for a quilt show but it sounds like an awesome project. I thought...
  • antique map wall hanging
    I am working on a wall hanging that is a map of Westeros. This is intended to eventually end up in a quilt show (if I ever...
  • MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here
    Stunning! Love it!
  • Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    Dee, Where do you find these fabulous artists??? When I saw the newsletter this morning I thought that stained
    glass...
  • Month 3 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE
    I don't know if this is too late to help anyone. It is August and I am just working on Month 3 (also 4, & 5 at the...
    Month 8
  • Collage with Cori Dantani fabric
    I am looking for the show where an artist was using a Cori Dantini fabric in a collage technique. Thanks!
    Loved the vase this month. Can't believe we can see then end!
    Pamela, Love the bag hanging on the door knob too. Great color palette. Like Barbara says lovely and soothing. HelenW
  • Help
    1807 Katie Fowler
  • Color my world — your finish here
    It’s most likely a seam allowance problem. There are many and they have to be accurate. You may also find it helpful to...
  • Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS
    This is my block 3 replacing pieced 4 patch. For keeping her style here, I incorporated Irene's other designs. And this...
  • Help
    I watched a show where the quilter cut up finished quilts would anyone have any knowledge of who...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Color my world fit problem. The last section of tall buildings is about 2” bigger than the inner section. How do I fix...
    Pamela, this is such a beautiful quilt. I love so much about it. Just lovely, soothing, really speaks to me. Great job!
    I saw Barbara’s bom under My Sample, I am so inspired by the jewel tones. I especially like Barbara’s July & August...
    Your vase fabric is great with the jug's shape - gives it a real feeling of "round-ness" -- and the leaf colors...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Novella, I LOVE your batik fabrics! Your quilt is beautiful.

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Christy G. I have now finished the quilt top and have cut the batting to size. Waiting for delivery of backing fabric so I can get a move n the quilting!

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Noella, When I saw your quilt on Alex Live, I thought, That is so fabulous, love it, love it, love it!!! I am like you and just use
    the pattern or concept to be a spring board for what I make. I usually pull my favorite bits and pieces into what ever I make.
    Like on the TQS BOM I am using stuff from old patterns like McKenna Ryan, birds and birdhouses, P3 Baltimore album blocks
    and some of the original Garden Party down under pieced blocks and borders. It is all so much fun. HelenW

• Profile Image
    replied
    Shadow Blooms;

The journey to make this quilt came from an over abundance of eagerness to make something of the large pile of neutral batiks in my stash that aimed more to the dark side, than the light. So my journey in the shadows began. Many thanks to Helen W. for suggesting the idea to go dark, and so my “Shadow Blooms” raised their heads. (I used Kaffe Fassett shell fabric for my flowers.) The stem going around also goes from light to dark as do some of the leaves. The darkest grey as borders are ‘Starry Grunge’ fabric.

Well I got out of making the 240 petals. I used raw edge appliqué instead.

My hubby walked into my studio and suggested that the long neutral coloured colums looked like parts of a fence, so if I put the light triangles at the top that would be great to sharpen those fence railings but also to let the blooms at the top be full instead of on a side view. I added leaves for a more organic feel to the quilt, and for even more interest the one inch yellow circles that remind me of the full moon!

I had a lot of fun and am really happy about how my quilt top turned out.

Noella from Quebec

P.S: ( I love ‘ running with scissors’, taking a pattern and making it my own. Of using my vision and talents to make what the fabrics tell me how they want to be used)

On to the next challenge!
    Last edited by Noella D.; 07-01-2022, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Thank you Helen for your kind words. I used Alex’s quilt to provide most of the inspiration for the quilting but did change it up some. I am glad to be finished and now I am enjoying it as it hangs from my fireplace mantel before I decide what I am going to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    You are doing a fantastic job. Before you know it you will be done.

• Profile Image
    replied
    I am in the process of making the border flowers. I love this quilt and plan to hang it in my living room.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Christy, Your Neutrals quilt turned out beautiful. I love the quilting designs you selected for the different sections. Really adds
    a lot of interest. HelenW

• Profile Image
    replied
    WooHoo!! I finished my Neutral Blooms today. I am pretty happy with the results but I am ready to move on to something brighter. Next project is to quilt my Color My World quilt top that I completed over 6 months ago. That should help me with my need to work with bright colors. Thanks Alex for continuing to push many of us out of our comfort zone. My quilting game has grown tremendously in the last 2 years thanks to you. Looking forward to the next project.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    A bit late getting started but coming along. decided to go predominately grey. the white and grey are dry brush. happy with it so far

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Your Neutral Blooms quilt top turned out lovely Christy. Congratulations!!! Looking forward to the day mine will be complete

• Profile Image
    replied
    Thanks Helen. I had to keep powering thru on this one so that I can start working on something with more color and variety … piecing the neutrals quilt wore me out! Mostly because of the process of making the 240 petals, turning them into flowers and then appliquéing them down. But now it is done and hanging from my mantle so that I can look at it and decide how in the heck I am going to quilt it. Just got back from a couple of days being out of town for a granddaughter’s high school graduation so I will be relaxing over the next few days. Happy Memorial Day to all in the United States.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Christy, Beautiful quilt, and you finished so fast. HelenW

• Profile Image
    replied
    Finally finished the neutrals quilt top on Wednesday afternoon. Whew … now to decide how to quilt it. I won’t want to do any finished edge appliqué with invisible thread for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    This is the most challenging quilt I’ve made ,the vines were a challenge for me
    Last edited by ; 05-18-2022, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1182 users online. 864 members and 318 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,972   Posts: 150,545   Members: 21236   Active Members: 2,055  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X