Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here
    I'm working on the cone flowers around the outside border and thinking ahead a little. I used Print & Piece Fuse Lite...
  • Design and Quilt Software that is coming out...
    Barbra does design and quilt export QLI or DXF for the grace QCT automated software? Is there a trail download of the software...
  • Quilters’ last I’ll & testament
    Wendy, I just saw this today, more than a year after you posted.

My BLOG has the Post A Quilter's Last Will...
  • How to UPLOAD PHOTOS to the FORUM
    Last year I wrote step-by-step instructions for how to upload photos and how to resize your photo if it is too large....
  • Month 6 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE
    No.
    Light Background squares for HST--four 5" squares = 16 Light Fabric squares. Four BLOCKS = 16 5" squares...
  • Month 6 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE
    Do I have these numbers correct for making the 4 shoo fly blocks?
    cut 8 -5” squares
    cut 32 - 2 1/2 colored...
  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    July's Shoo Fly block is done ahead of time. HelenW
  • MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
    Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
  • MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
  • Month 6 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS HERE
  • Quilting color my world
    Hi there
    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
  • Reclamation
    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
  • Flanged bindings
    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
  • Reclamation
    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
  • Flanged bindings
    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
  • Month 6 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS HERE
    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
  • Flanged bindings
    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marion1 View Post
    Helen W.Sorry I can not remember.Dee credited EvaPaige Quilt Designs.This is her You Tube.Eva Shows how to do this method.Sorry Dee,maybe Barbara Knows how to find the show name
    Dee shows the “Accordion Method” for half square triangles in Long Time Gone, lesson 9. Find it in Dee’s Classroom under LEARN.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Barbara, Thank you. HelenW

My top is done but I have lots of fabric so will probably make another neutral quilt.
    JET

Comment

Pictures are not showing, is it me??

Comment

Still no pitures, what is going on??

Comment

This is the most challenging quilt I’ve made ,the vines were a challenge for me
          Last edited by ; 05-18-2022, 05:57 PM.
          Holly R.

Comment

Finally finished the neutrals quilt top on Wednesday afternoon. Whew … now to decide how to quilt it. I won’t want to do any finished edge appliqué with invisible thread for awhile.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Christy, Beautiful quilt, and you finished so fast. HelenW

• commented
              Editing a comment
              Your Neutral Blooms quilt top turned out lovely Christy. Congratulations!!! Looking forward to the day mine will be complete

Thanks Helen. I had to keep powering thru on this one so that I can start working on something with more color and variety … piecing the neutrals quilt wore me out! Mostly because of the process of making the 240 petals, turning them into flowers and then appliquéing them down. But now it is done and hanging from my mantle so that I can look at it and decide how in the heck I am going to quilt it. Just got back from a couple of days being out of town for a granddaughter’s high school graduation so I will be relaxing over the next few days. Happy Memorial Day to all in the United States.

Comment

A bit late getting started but coming along. decided to go predominately grey. the white and grey are dry brush. happy with it so far

Comment

WooHoo!! I finished my Neutral Blooms today. I am pretty happy with the results but I am ready to move on to something brighter. Next project is to quilt my Color My World quilt top that I completed over 6 months ago. That should help me with my need to work with bright colors. Thanks Alex for continuing to push many of us out of our comfort zone. My quilting game has grown tremendously in the last 2 years thanks to you. Looking forward to the next project.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Christy, Your Neutrals quilt turned out beautiful. I love the quilting designs you selected for the different sections. Really adds
                  a lot of interest. HelenW

I am in the process of making the border flowers. I love this quilt and plan to hang it in my living room.

Comment

• Christy G. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are doing a fantastic job. Before you know it you will be done.

Thank you Helen for your kind words. I used Alex’s quilt to provide most of the inspiration for the quilting but did change it up some. I am glad to be finished and now I am enjoying it as it hangs from my fireplace mantel before I decide what I am going to do with it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 712 users online. 425 members and 287 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,957   Posts: 150,353   Members: 20934   Active Members: 1,687  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                X