Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    I don't need to start any more projects but I am loving this rooster. I need to retire.
  • antique map wall hanging
    I have no idea about what type of binding is acceptable for a quilt show but it sounds like an awesome project. I thought...
  • antique map wall hanging
    I am working on a wall hanging that is a map of Westeros. This is intended to eventually end up in a quilt show (if I ever...
  • MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here
    Stunning! Love it!
  • Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    Dee, Where do you find these fabulous artists??? When I saw the newsletter this morning I thought that stained
    glass...
  • Month 3 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE
    I don't know if this is too late to help anyone. It is August and I am just working on Month 3 (also 4, & 5 at the...
    Month 8
  • Collage with Cori Dantani fabric
    I am looking for the show where an artist was using a Cori Dantini fabric in a collage technique. Thanks!
    Loved the vase this month. Can't believe we can see then end!
    Pamela, Love the bag hanging on the door knob too. Great color palette. Like Barbara says lovely and soothing. HelenW
  • Help
    1807 Katie Fowler
  • Color my world — your finish here
    It’s most likely a seam allowance problem. There are many and they have to be accurate. You may also find it helpful to...
  • Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS
    This is my block 3 replacing pieced 4 patch. For keeping her style here, I incorporated Irene's other designs. And this...
  • Help
    I watched a show where the quilter cut up finished quilts would anyone have any knowledge of who...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Color my world fit problem. The last section of tall buildings is about 2” bigger than the inner section. How do I fix...
    Pamela, this is such a beautiful quilt. I love so much about it. Just lovely, soothing, really speaks to me. Great job!
    I saw Barbara’s bom under My Sample, I am so inspired by the jewel tones. I especially like Barbara’s July & August...
    Your vase fabric is great with the jug's shape - gives it a real feeling of "round-ness" -- and the leaf colors...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow moving. The detail in the triangle was fun to create

Comment

I did more work on my initial 'C'. If you click on the photo, it turns right side.
      I am thankful for this project at this time of year. Just my husband and me, no kids. One gathering on Christmas day with hubby's nephew & sister, 8 total. Thank you Alex
      Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Linda L. commented
        Editing a comment
        That is lovely!

• Suzanne L. commented
        Editing a comment
        Carol this is beautiful!! Did you have previous embroidery classes using letters? I would love to try this on mine.

And the stitching continues

Comment

Ok, finally got my background pieced yesterday and started a little stitching today. I am really enjoying getting back to hand stitching / embroidery…Especially with the beautiful fabric and thread in the kits. Thanks Alex

Comment

Suzanne I embroidered a lot in my twenties, always using a pattern. Then crounted cross stictch years later, and used a lot of letters then. How I came up with this letter was just googling hand embroidery stitches & clicked images. I don't do pinterest, but I'm sure there's a lot there too.
          Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I’m really enjoying this project. It’s such a challenge to work with a neutral only palette- but that’s my favorite part! I think I have all the circles I need, either started or drawn, so now it’s time to learn new stitches.

Comment

This reply by HelenW has been deleted by HelenW

Butterfly stitches...Ready for some more Alex. Thank you for all the fun I am having. HelenW from North Idaho.

Butterfly with stitches. Ready for some new stitches Alex. Thank you for all the fun I am having. HelenW from Idaho

Comment

• Paula S. commented
                Editing a comment
                The teal, lime green and orange are really bringing this to life

• Karen commented
                Editing a comment
                This is so amazing, Helen. Spring in winter!

My housework and quilting is suffering but I just can't put this down!

Comment

• Linda L. commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree…very easy to get immersed. Your stitching is beautiful

I make a jacket from my Grandmother Hayes' hankies & did two dolls embroidering the face, hair, arms, etc. I also did a butterfly. I used her butons as the band on the dresses & a big button for the face of the butterfly. She was 106 yrs. old when she passed away. Everyone can't believe I did this.I used straigh stitches, slip stitches & satin stitches for the flower centers. Thought you would love to see it.

Comment

From Show 2408...Heidi showed what I thought was a great way to mount her piece on a regular canvas frame like
                you buy at Michaels or any big box store. Just thought you might like to see it. HelenW

Comment

Carole B. Thanks for the compliment on the you tube class today, Monday.I am having fun, but my skills leave a lot to be desired. I don't do social media like facebook, subscribing on you tube etc, so I can't write comments there. HelenW

Comment

I
                    I am really enjoying this project! I went digging in my old cross stitch and embroidery supplies and got really excited to be stitching again. I had some perle cotton and bought some (okay- a lot more!). I found a fat quarter of black woven fabric in my Stacy and decided to use that. This is what I have so far.

Comment

• Carol G. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Donna - I just LOVE this! Filling up the spaces between the shapes is a great idea.

• Donna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Carol, I looked at lots of embroidery projects on Pinterest and I saw several that filled in with little patterns.

I’m so obsessed with this. Have enjoyed all of your classes over the last year

Comment

I am finally able to get started! My background is made, and two circles started.I love working with the silk so far!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1143 users online. 832 members and 311 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,972   Posts: 150,545   Members: 21236   Active Members: 2,055  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X