Our Sponsors

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
    Suzanne, What a masterpiece of stitching. Just Love It!!! I love the chain on the long section.
    Yes, if you put some stitching in each oval I think it will just look even better. Your stitches are so perfect and the combinations are stunning. Great Job! HelenW
    Thanks, Helen. Chain stitch it is! I have to decide what to put in the middle. Will post.

Comment

Got my circle sampler back from the framer today. Never would have thought to do this on a silk background if it wasn’t for Alex. Thank you! This pushed me to learn 20+ new stitches using Sue Spargo’s Creative Stitching book. The sky is the limit!
      Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Carole B. The framing was a great idea. Here I thought you knew all the stitches in the book before this. I am so glad they
        have the zoom feature so I can see the details. How is your Sue Spargo block BOM coming along? Are you learning a lot
        of new stitches there too, or is it mostly ones you already know. Hope Alex features you today in her Live. I am sure a lot
        of people would love to check it out for inspiration. You do amazing stitching. HelenW

• Noella D. commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks gorgeous, and even prettier framed! “You go girl” you are a Sue Spargo mini me, lol!

Carole B. The framing was a great idea. Here I thought you knew all the stitches in the book before this. I am so glad they
      have the zoom feature so I can see the details. How is your Sue Spargo block BOM coming along? Are you learning a lot
      of new stitches there too, or is it mostly ones you already know. Hope Alex features you today in her Live. I am sure a lot
      of people would love to check it out for inspiration. You do amazing stitching. HelenW
      Thanks Helen! I'm still plugging away to finish my 2021 TQS BOM before I move back to the Sue Spargo BOM and other projects. Finishing up stitching down the vine on the last side of the border. Then on to 100 leaves and oodles of pennies!
      Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

An update on my embroidery project - Wendy Williams Around The Garden (reduced about 35%). Rather that a new project using silk (which I don't have any) I decided to work on a pattern I already had using fabric and thread I already had but totally inspired to get started by Alex's Class. The circle around the garden if still a work in progress and the tree is close to being finished. Embroidery is so much more relaxing than piecing a quilt. While working on this, I also completed the final blocks of my 2014 A to Z for You and Me quilt.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Sandy F, It is so fun to see other projects inspired from the concept of what a class is teaching.
          Your tree bark is fabulous and I love the ring of flowers. Sure glad this forum lets you zoom the photos to see the details. I have not started my Round The Garden. I have been doing my own
          version of this years BOM Garden Party Down Under. Have you been watching on the photos
          for this years BOM? I am sure it will make you want to put it on your list. I even tried the center
          block as hand embroidery. Not for the quilt I am making just to see what it would look like. It is all
          so fun. HelenW

• Sandy F. commented
          Editing a comment
          Helen W. I am following this years BOM and I have added it to my list. I love how you have made it you own. I hope to complete the 2014 BOM this year; I still have the borders to complete and plan on hand quilting it in sections.

• Jennifer G. commented
          Editing a comment
          A good idea to mix piecing with embroidery!

I have finished my Make It Your Own Embroidery! I kept staring at it and wondered what it looked like… and finally decided it looked like a field of flowers. So I added the blue linen on the left, the 3 Queen Anne’s lace stems and flowers, plus the bird to further that idea. Also added the background grid quilting and linen binding. I’m going to use it as a small wallhanging.

Comment

Oh very slow - but I think this is nearly done - the art is knowing when to stop. I'm not quite sure how to finish this but have really enjoyed the project.

Comment

I am finally getting around to posting my finished MIYO Embroidery, though I am still contemplating a border. I plan to have it framed, so not sure the border is necessary. Loved the process! (Be Patient...I think the photo size is a bit large.)

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Suzanne, They don't get any better than yours. Everything about works so well together. Love the variegated threads,
              Love the stitches you put together. What a masterpiece. You might be the next Sue Spargo!!! HelenW

Suzanne, They don't get any better than yours. Everything about works so well together. Love the variegated threads,
            Love the stitches you put together. What a masterpiece. You might be the next Sue Spargo!!! HelenW
            LOL, Helen! You are so gracious! I did some crewel & cross-stitch years ago, but this hand embroidery is a first for me and I think I am hooked!
            It turns out Sue Spargo's store is only about 45 min. from me in Ohio. I am anxious to go there this summer.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Suzanne, Take your embroidery piece when you go to the Sue Spargo shop. I am sure they will be impressed.
              Lucky you to have her store so close. HelenW

Suzanne, Take your embroidery piece when you go to the Sue Spargo shop. I am sure they will be impressed.
            Lucky you to have her store so close. HelenW
            Good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by lorihquilts View Post
              Why are some of the photos blacked out? I didn't do anything to black these out. I enjoy looking at the beautiful work, creative ways to use the stitches. It's inspiring.
              There is a known problem on the site, it is being fixed, hopefully soon.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL
              https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 953 users online. 635 members and 318 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,957   Posts: 150,389   Members: 20949   Active Members: 1,700  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
              X