Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    I don't need to start any more projects but I am loving this rooster. I need to retire.
  • antique map wall hanging
    I have no idea about what type of binding is acceptable for a quilt show but it sounds like an awesome project. I thought...
  • antique map wall hanging
    I am working on a wall hanging that is a map of Westeros. This is intended to eventually end up in a quilt show (if I ever...
  • MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here
    Stunning! Love it!
  • Fiona Schiffl Rooster pattern
    Dee, Where do you find these fabulous artists??? When I saw the newsletter this morning I thought that stained
    glass...
  • Month 3 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE
    I don't know if this is too late to help anyone. It is August and I am just working on Month 3 (also 4, & 5 at the...
    Month 8
  • Collage with Cori Dantani fabric
    I am looking for the show where an artist was using a Cori Dantini fabric in a collage technique. Thanks!
    Loved the vase this month. Can't believe we can see then end!
    Pamela, Love the bag hanging on the door knob too. Great color palette. Like Barbara says lovely and soothing. HelenW
  • Help
    1807 Katie Fowler
  • Color my world — your finish here
    It’s most likely a seam allowance problem. There are many and they have to be accurate. You may also find it helpful to...
  • Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS
    This is my block 3 replacing pieced 4 patch. For keeping her style here, I incorporated Irene's other designs. And this...
  • Help
    I watched a show where the quilter cut up finished quilts would anyone have any knowledge of who...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Color my world fit problem. The last section of tall buildings is about 2” bigger than the inner section. How do I fix...
    Pamela, this is such a beautiful quilt. I love so much about it. Just lovely, soothing, really speaks to me. Great job!
    I saw Barbara’s bom under My Sample, I am so inspired by the jewel tones. I especially like Barbara’s July & August...
    Your vase fabric is great with the jug's shape - gives it a real feeling of "round-ness" -- and the leaf colors...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My small beginning.
    JET

Comment

Irene, Thank you for posting your Brazillian embroidery. You do beautiful work. I love it when skilled
      quilters jump into a project even if it was directed towards beginners. You have so much to offer.When Carole B started her Color My World quilt on linen and done all by hand, I was so impressed that went out and bought Sue Spargo's stitch book. I only learned the back stitch
      and did a couple other stitches a little bit. Here is a picture of my Back Stitch Moose. HelenW

Comment

• Irene A. commented
        Editing a comment
        Your backstitch moose is lovely. I love handwork. Am known for my redwork. Took lessons on Brazilian embroidery in 2002. Have about 15 completed blocks. Also do silk ribbon embroidery and beads which I incorporate into Brazilian and redwork. Brings out my creativity!

Here is my pieced background. Don't know the orientation I am going to use. I am thinking about putting a silhouette scene on
      it and then the stitches will be in bright colors. Won't be able to work on it until the weekend. HelenW

Comment

Here is my background piece for our embroidery fun. I used silks that I have had for probably 20 years… a fellow teacher gave them to me. I have 5 yds. or so of the colors in the picture plus a black one and a white with stenciled black leaves. Some are Jim Thompson Thai Silk and some are T. Shinawatra Thai Silk. And BTW, silk fabric does not smell good! I googled the smelly problem many years ago and found that you’re supposed to put in on a hanger and take it outside to air for a few days… hmmm…

Comment

My design. Marked circles will work on it like a Crazy quilt .

Comment

• Karla W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the crazy quilt idea for your design!

Do you cut and make the background first then put the whole stabilizer on the back or cut each one and put the stabilizer on then sew them together? Thank you

Comment

• Linda L. commented
            Editing a comment
            Stabilizer on first, then cut and piece
          This reply by UMTERP76 has been deleted by UMTERP76

Using all Moda Grunge cotton for my background. I have been using Moda Grunge for embroidery background for several months and it's like stitching through linen. It comes in many colors! I trace with a Frixion Pen as it makes a slim lightly and easily irons off. Floss is size 8 Presencia embroidery thread. Happy Stitching! Karla from Maryland

I’m just getting started, but I’m loving exploring new stitches. So far I’ve used Sue Spargo’s book and some from the blog Pintangles. Thanks, Alex!

Comment

• Linda L. commented
            Editing a comment
            This is looking great

Comment

• Jackie M. commented
            Editing a comment
            I found these other silks in my crazy quilt stash.

I'm thinking of adding to the kit I got from TQS ( also in photo) or not.

Comment

This reply by CarrieG has been deleted by CarrieG

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211209_211916.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	889634 Got my background together tonight Click image for larger version  Name:	20211209_211916.jpg Views:	0 Size:	416.5 KB ID:	889633
            Carol in SW Michigan

Got my fabric pieced tonight. I really like how it turned out. Not sure if I'm going to do circles, straight lines, or a combination of both. Shall ponder the possibilities. Not sure how much I will get done. Have friends party here on 18th and Christmas day with family. This weekend is for cleaning. Blah, then cooking after that. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone. Chris Clar

Comment

Got my background together tonight. I've never worked with silk anything before. The fabric is gorgeous.
              Edit-the pic is sideways, needs to be 1/4 turn clockwise
              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I still haven’t received my TQS order. I guess it is in hold at the US / Canadian border. But I decided to try some embroidery on some of the fabric my friend gave me. I saw the blue as an aquarium, lol. So I decided I’d put a Koi on it. I finally got around to trying some embroidery, after fiddling with cutting around the fish for some of the day. I used the stem stitch, and DMC embroidery floss.
                Here I also ironed down the piece where I embroidered it to erase the markings and flatten the fabric. I will try a hoop next time.
                I had fun!
                Thanks Alex for this calm oasis, in my case I even have the water for the oasis, lol!

Comment

Barbara, somehow I posted to your picture instead of the correct spot. Sorry. Can you move it? HelenW

Comment

• Karla W. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love how you are combining different techniques! This looks fabulous!

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Helen, I can’t move it from a visitor message. So just post again here, people will want to see your canvas.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1094 users online. 775 members and 319 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,972   Posts: 150,545   Members: 21235   Active Members: 2,054  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X