Collapse

Our Sponsors

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoying class! Hope this helps me to get back to my crazy quilt I started right before Covid hit. Have you seem Creative Stitches for Contemporary Embroidery by Sharon Boggon? It shows stitch for left and right handers.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
      Picked up my embroidery stitching after finishing the BOM Jan. block. Both have been lots of fun. HelenW
      You rock! Beautiful job on both pieces! I adore your take on the BOM. Can wait to see what you do next month.
      Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Making progress...and having a great time!

Comment

• Peg commented
          Editing a comment
          I really like the bottom photo- starlike center with buttonhole outside. Well done!

• Becky A. commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too Peg! Going to make sure that one gets placed on my next project!

Hi Alex and Gang,
        I have been working on my embroidery every other day. So here is my progress. The other days I work on my WIPs. I really love this project.I am nowhere near finished!
        Thanks Alex,

Noella

Comment

I have really enjoyed jumping into the world of hand embroidery! I am doing this years BOM also, and plan to use the skills I’m learning here to embellish that project! I think one of the most important things I have taken away from this class is the importance of using the correct needle size and type.

Comment

I am relatively new to embroidery and have never worked on silk. Also, I decided to challenge myself in learning to use neutrals. Still have a ways to go but having so much fun!

Comment

Finished my project. Haven’t done embroidery since I was a kid. Really enjoyed getting back into it. Will start another one soon.

Comment

• Peg commented
                Editing a comment
                love the colors. and the quilting behind! I wasn't sure about doing that, ended up embroidery so much there wasn't room anyway!

I have enjoyed the many creative embroidery projects that have been shown. Alex is so inspiring. I wanted to share some whimsey embroidery by Laura Wasilowski (Elgin, IL) she can be found at ARTFABRIK.com. Her houses make me laugh!

Comment

Comment

Im obsessed with bees
                  this is a block from my basket puzzle quilt
                  LOVE those bugs Alex

Comment

I began the quilt in the season of Advent and will continue to work on it until next year, most likely. The idea was abstracting the colors and candles we light each week. The fabrics were bought many years ago in a little shop in Asheville. Of course, it's like relearning all the stitches I've forgotten over the years. (And yes, it needs a border...soon!) It's about 15" x 34.

Comment

The beginning of my silk embroidery. The outside rings of the first 3 circles, since this was taken, I've added several more. Alex, I love the 2" grid design wall. I took your suggestion and used the back of the grid fabric with the lighter lines so it is less distracting. Loving this class.

Comment

• Lori H. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why are some of the photos blacked out? I didn't do anything to black these out. I enjoy looking at the beautiful work, creative ways to use the stitches. It's inspiring.

I got into the bugs (and beads!). I needed something in the scalloped edge bubble and couldn't think of what would work ... until Monday's show. I added butterflies and flowers and it feels perfect!. I've also added some beads to them and a few other areas. I need to make a bigger bubble in the center yet that will be behind the others - it's looking a little bare there.

Comment

• Peg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        gorgeous! love all the detail. Lots of ideas to try. thanks for sharing.

Progress on my 3 TQS projects. HelenW
                      Click on photo to see the full picture.

Comment

• Lori H. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Love your watering can and flowers and the vase with flowers! Also the butterfly and bird.

• Karen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Delightful beauty!

Here is my project before adding beads

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 687 users online. 274 members and 413 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,936   Posts: 150,077   Members: 20748   Active Members: 1,629  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MONTH 4 — Show Your PROGRESS Here
                        I finished these in April and tried to post picture then but picture just showed up black so I deleted the post thinking...
                      • Month 5 -- show your progress here
                        Absolutely beautiful fabric choices!
                        I am having fun and enjoying the BOM sew along w/ Barbara & Irene.
                      • Color my world — your finish here
                        Carole B, I don't know how I missed this post. I think you made the Worlds Best first time quilt. I can't express how much...
                        Katy, Great job on your Color My World quilt. I really like your personalized corner designs and the way you combined your...
                        Barbara - Love Mary-Louise's use of men's ties (shown in your blog)-- so creative and the dark background really shows them...
                        Your blocks are really pretty!
                        Well I’m almost there. Just need to add my borders now. Added the following tall buildings of my own design: The Liver...
                        Barbara, Please tell Sally that I love, love, love her combination of wool, hand embroidery, Kaffe, and then using a subtle...
                      • Lovely! Please post on the Forum so everyone can see your great work.
                        Pamela, I love your colors. I tend to migrate to bold, pure colors, but your color palette is inspiring me to step out...
                        Helen, your bird nest block is just beautiful!
                      • I had so much fun working on this quilt, amending the pattern to include houses we have lived in here in England, the chapel...
                      • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                      X