Collapse

Our Sponsors

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Alex! What a surprise it was to see my embroidery on TV! I have filled in the heart, and it's growing on me. It definitely needs - as my daughter says - some bling!
    I am using the threads in the brights kit. On the inner heart, I used the Pekinese Stitch from Sue Spago's book (pp. 40-41). It's a foundation row of backstitches with a weave of e's through it. The filling stitches are running stitch & fly stitch (orange), cretan stitch (blue), and the grid (red) in the middle. Next, I am going to do the lazy daisy vine around the outside. I also think it needs some French knots and flowers.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Kyla, Wow, it looks great. Amazing what a difference filling the hearts with stitches makes. HelenW
    This reply by sirhc has been deleted by sirhc

Lots of fun with this. The shiny threads are rayon - tricky to embroider with.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Marni, Your ovals look great with the squiggly vines. Wish my stitches looked as good as yours. I better keep practicing. HelenW

Hard to see the metallic thread. So much fun to do in the evening. Chris
    Last edited by chclar; 01-22-2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I have enjoyed this journey through this embroidery project. I could not set it down I just wanted to continue to fill in the the spaces. I will continue to play with the new stitches on future projects Thank you Alex for the inspiration to learn this
      Terry

Comment

Not sure why they're blurry. But if you click on them you can see them better. Can you see the little dragon flies and the puffer fish? Having so much fun. Chris
        Last edited by chclar; 01-22-2022, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Made from gifted vintage table linens, this finished piece is 18” x 22”. I finally had to declare in done because I wasn’t getting any other housework or quilting done. Besides, my wrists and hands were feeling abused. Loved this project!
          Last edited by Sue R.; 01-24-2022, 07:37 AM. Reason: *Corrected to proper size 18' x 22"

Comment

Still working on it… having fun! Found some new stitches to try online. I’m taking screenshots of the tutorial pics I want to try and saving them to an Embroidery Album of my Photos app.

Comment

Making progress and having fun!!

Comment

I feel way behind... I guess I don't have as much time to sit and embroider like the beautiful work I see displayed here. Or, maybe I should say that I have a lot of things on my plate and don't make the time? I am having fun, and I will eventually get there. Here's where I am thus far. I did get a hoop, and life is so much easier.
                Last edited by Rebecca C.; 01-23-2022, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Almost done. I have loved this Debbie

Comment

I think I'm pretty much finished, but I still might tweak a little here and there.

Comment

• Becky A. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I love this! So many stitches I haven't tried yet. The larger circle in lower left... what stitch is that in the larger area of the circle? Very interesting and I'd like to try it. Also - love the wavy chain stitch on the outside of the upper right full circle. Beautiful job!

I'm so enjoying finding new stitches and watching the snow pile up outside. I'm leaning toward making this a pillow at this time. I just bought some neutrals and more Wonderful Perle Cotton. This will not be my last project!

Comment

Originally posted by imnrn4hearts View Post
                      I'm so enjoying finding new stitches and watching the snow pile up outside. I'm leaning toward making this a pillow at this time. I just bought some neutrals and more Wonderful Perle Cotton. This will not be my last project!
                      Becky A. Love your stitch selection. The combinations look so good together. Really like how you are putting the
                      half circles around a larger circle. Can't wait to see how that turns out. You have a real talent for this type of stitching.
                      HelenW

Comment

Comment

• Jane M. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My valentines were inspired by Alex’s class
                          LOVE TO EMBROIDER

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 700 users online. 337 members and 363 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,936   Posts: 150,065   Members: 20741   Active Members: 1,621  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                      X