Our Sponsors

Paper piecing sampler -- show your progress here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Thank you Alex for this class. I had fun working with fun colors; it's my first. My goal was to make a happy quilt with the 'feel' of Alex's original. Hope I achieved at least 50%. I want to work on foundation paper piecing a little more. Maybe something small from Kumiko Frydl's book I found in my book collection.

Comment

Paper pieced top done! I had to make it bigger for hanging on a two story wall. Also rearranged it, as you can see. Green, gold and red to get me through the winter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Now here is the photo, I hope.

Comment

My geese wanted to fly around inside. I had fun making all the blocks and trying different arrangements. Thank you Alex, I’ve been enjoying all the projects!

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Jrgermain, What a great looking arrangement. Really, really like the geese placed on the inside. HelenW

Working on two versions of paper piecing sampler - bright for me and modern antique for my sister. Finished piecing sister's including inner border of printed stars. Including shots of the two color ways. So much fun working on these two different versions. Imagine it in a Christmas version! No limits to what you can do.

Comment

Comment

I finished the flying geese borders and pieced the top! Now to figure out backing and get started on quilting. Thanks Alex

Comment

Not sewn together yet but now I can see it all coming together. But I’m happy with the results, not perfect but, it will be completed soon. Like others have said, gathering that many geese does take a while.

Comment

I finished sewing it all together, I’m happy with it. Now, to pick out the paper.

Comment

Enjoyed the class. Looking forward to the new BOM.
                      Pam K

Comment

All done from stash, very scrappy. I LOVE IT. Thanks Alex.
                        Monique 
                        Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

Boo! Used up my little Halloween scraps. Was Happy I was able to figure out math for Candy Corn Border. Thank you Alex for teaching us how to do some design on our own.

Comment

Finished! And I love it! Thank you Alex, this really pushed my boundries!

I found that I couldn’t end the quilt at the flying geese border. I found that it looked too naked. My daughter is in Interior and commercial design and with me being a University Bachelor of Fine Arts graduate, we decided that to really make this quilt “ ME” I needed to bring the yellow and white out to the edge, and since I was going to make the bias a reversal color of the flying geese also I wanted it to be larger and more visible on the edge so I made the last border a 1 inch of those colors. I even mitered the 4 corners, and bias joined the side joins!

I hope everyone else likes this too.
                            I can’t wait for the embroidery class to start!

Noella
                            Last edited by Noella D.; 11-22-2021, 11:39 AM. Reason: I wanted to give you a close up of two of the outside border corner mitres. They are not “perfect” but close enough. From 5 feet away they look great!

Comment

My paper pieced top is complete, as well as sandwiched and ready to quilt. I am contemplating how to quilt it. Since it is so busy, I think the quilting should be lighter and less dense… what does everyone else think?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1382 users online. 576 members and 806 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 06:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,829   Posts: 147,975   Members: 18902   Active Members: 2,335  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                              X