Have you created your 16" x 16" masterpiece to benefit the Quilt Alliance? There is still plenty of time left to be "Inspired By" one of the Alliance's amazing online archives.
Here are 5 Reasons to Make An "Inspired By" Quilt in May:
- You will uncover great new sources of inspiration for all your future quilts at www.quiltalliance.org.
- Your quilt will tour the country on exhibition, including to major shows like Quilt Festival.
- You could win the Handi Quilter Grand Prize, or one of 10 other prizes.
- When your quilt is auctioned on eBay in the Fall, the money will benefit a great quilt nonprofit.
- Your quilt will be archived permanently on the prestigious Quilt Index.
2. Find something(s) about the inspiration quilt that inspires you (like color, line, texture, subject matter).
3. Make your own quilt--work your magic--all techniques, materials, and styles are welcomed, but no replicas or copies allowed. All entries must be 16" x 16" and comprised of 3 layers (top, filling and back).
4. Sew a sleeve and a label on your entry and mail it to the Quilt Alliance with your entry form and fee by June 1, 2014.
Click here for full contest details and entry form: there is lots of information about finding inspiration quilts, plus an "Inspiration Gallery" of quilts you can use for your piece.
Quilts are already pouring into the Quilt Alliance headquarters in Asheville, North Carolina, and quilters are blogging about their process. Here are two blogs by Alliance board members and what they are working on:
Read about Victoria Findlay Wolfe's "Inspired By" quilt here. (Please note that Victoria's stunning little pink and navy blue quilt is not yet quilted.)