Introducing the 2013 TQS Block of the Month designed by Sue Nickels and Pat Holly! It's called "TWO OF US" and was created by the two of them. The quilt measures 77 1/2" x 77 1/2" and was completed just in time for Houston.
It's an absolutely spectacular quilt and when Alex first saw it her jaw just dropped.
Kits will be available, but will be limited - stay tuned for more information.
Every month you'll learn something new as you follow along.
- January - Sashing 1 - Learn Debra Wagner's Striplate Piecing technique to accurately piece triangle units.
- February - Sashing 2 - Learn accurate piecing of strips.
- March - Learn to join pieced arcs to curved edge.
- April - Applique Center Basket - basic stitched raw edge applique.
- May - Piecing the star in circle blocks - Learn how to piece the triangle units in a circle and reverse applique.
- June - Applique Border 1 - Learn straight stitch bias stems and outside points.
- July - Applique Border 2 - Learn reverse applique and small circles.
- August - Applique Border 3 - Learn embellishments and thread stems.
- September - Applique Border 4 - Learn how to deal with complex units.
- October - Assemble quilt blocks and borders.
- November - Learn Sue's Free motion feather quilting techniques.
- December - Binding and finishing - Learn how to embellish fabric with decorative stitches to make your own binding fabric.
Click the Picture and Use the Zoom to look Closer.
Here is the fun decoratively stitched binding. This feature adds an amazing texture and had everyone smiling. How did she pull this off???