It's a new year and TQS is here to help you Star Members get into shape...with your quilting skills!! Little Scraps of Magic is a series of fun, doable, confidence-building techniques that we'll share throughout the year. As with any new endeavor, there's some preparation (and homework) involved.
- We recommend that you get a three-ring binder and a package of clear sheet protectors.
- We'll provide a sample of each exercise as inspiration.
- All technique exercises should measure 8 1/2" (unfinished) as we will share an idea of what to do with these blocks once you finish.
- Every two weeks, we'll provide a pdf (on the Projects Page) or reference to a specific demo in a TQS show episode.
- You can complete most exercises with things in your stash (unless you want your "Little Scraps of Magic" to have a consistent look).
- You can start the 'exercise program' at any time, but we recommend following along with each lesson throughout the year.
- As the year goes along, you'll have opportunities to win some cool prizes if you share your WIP on the Show and Tell page. Join the fun, "get some exercise," and learn some new techniques. You'll be glad you did!
This week's lessons:
Machine Applique the Letter F - Watch 2014 BOM designer Janet Stone demo her method for machine applique using the letter F (Episode 1401). Download the homework pdf.
Make a border with squiggle stick inserts - Watch Alex Anderson show you how to insert the tiniest of squiggle sticks into a quilt border (Episode 1402) . . . and then make your own version from our Projects page.